Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Not likely, but try me. It's entertaining."

Wynn put a hand over her face.

"I'm not here for your entertainment. If you won't give me his soul, then I'll have to try time travel. Come on Lerac, lets go."

Wynn turned and walked back towards the entrance.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn put a hand over her face.

"I'm not here for your entertainment. If you won't give me his soul, then I'll have to try time travel. Come on Lerac, lets go."

Wynn turned and walked back towards the entrance.

"You have a method for time travel? Surely you know how dangerous that can be..."

Does she actually have that capability?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You have a method for time travel? Surely you know how dangerous that can be..."

No, she's lying to keep Death from getting suspicious. 

They walked until they were outside the castle gates.

"Okay, here's the deal." Wynn said in a low voice. "You guys distract Death while I go find TAAron. Got it?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"We distract... Death. How?"

"Annoy him. Ruin his filing system or something. He can't hurt you- that's not his job. If he catches me stealing, he might kick me out of the Underworld for good, but that's the worst he can do. Just distract him for as long as possible then make a run for the portal. I'll try to get out with TAAron before then."

11 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Annoy him. Ruin his filing system or something. He can't hurt you- that's not his job. If he catches me stealing, he might kick me out of the Underworld for good, but that's the worst he can do. Just distract him for as long as possible then make a run for the portal. I'll try to get out with TAAron before then."

"Right. I guess I'll-"

Death grabbed Wynn from behind, seemingly coming out of nowhere. "I am not a fool, child. You will not steal a soul from me. Sad thing is, I was going to let you see him."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Right. I guess I'll-"

Death grabbed Wynn from behind, seemingly coming out of nowhere. "I am not a fool, child. You will not steal a soul from me. Sad thing is, I was going to let to see him."

Wynn sighed. Fighting Death himself was not what she wanted to be doing.

"Sad thing is, you thought I wouldn't do whatever it takes to get him back, You think you're so important? There are other underworlds, other caretakers of the dead. From what I've seen, you don't even deserve to be called Lord of the Underworld. Your spirits are out there floating around aimlessly. No reincarnation, no activities, not even any torture pits! Now get out of my way and let me get TAAron back, or else I'll blast your precious Underworld to bits!"

Wynn sighed. Fighting Death himself was not what she wanted to be doing.

"Sad thing is, you thought I wouldn't do whatever it takes to get him back, You think you're so important? There are other underworlds, other caretakers of the dead. From what I've seen, you don't even deserve to be called Lord of the Underworld. Your spirits are out there floating around aimlessly. No reincarnation, no activities, not even any torture pits! Now get out of my way and let me get TAAron back, or else I'll blast your precious Underworld to bits!"

Death laughed. "I'm sure you will, child. My spirits are happy, but I can destroy his any time."

Death laughed. "I'm sure you will, child. My spirits are happy, but I can destroy his any time."

Wynn squinted. 

"Hmmm, have you been promoted since last we met. I'm pretty sure your name is Death, not Afterlife. You have no right to go around destroying spirits. That actually makes me want to get TAAron away from you more, not less. Would you call that mist out there happy?" Wynn gestured. "Hey mist! Do something, anything, to indicate if you're happy or not!"

The mist didn't respond.

"See. It's no wonder I find necromancy so easy in this region of the multiverse. Your dead are literally dying of boredom."

1 hour ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn squinted. 

"Hmmm, have you been promoted since last we met. I'm pretty sure your name is Death, not Afterlife. You have no right to go around destroying spirits. That actually makes me want to get TAAron away from you more, not less. Would you call that mist out there happy?" Wynn gestured. "Hey mist! Do something, anything, to indicate if you're happy or not!"

The mist didn't respond.

"See. It's no wonder I find necromancy so easy in this region of the multiverse. Your dead are literally dying of boredom."

Death smiled coldly. "Take her."

The mists rushed around and into Wynn, pulling her up and away from Death, then back towards the portal.

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Death smiled coldly. "Take her."

The mists rushed some and into Wynn, pulling her up and away from Death, then back towards the portal.

Wynn chuckled. "Well this is convenient." 

She whispered to the mist. It didn't stop pulling her away, but a little tendril of it snaked back into the castle, returning slightly larger than it had been before.

"See ya, Death." Wynn said as she was pulled into the portal, grabbing the tendril of mist at the last second.

The mist just stole TAAron, if that's good with you. 

Also gotta go, be back in 2 hours

22 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn chuckled. "Well this is convenient." 

She whispered to the mist. It didn't stop pulling her away, but a little tendril of it snaked back into the castle, returning slightly larger than it had been before.

"See ya, Death." Wynn said as she was pulled into the portal, grabbing the tendril of mist at the last second.

No, that wouldn't work. The mist does not respond to her.

"No, you won't." Death sighed, turning to the remaining two. "Do you still want to see your friend one last time?"

Back in the End of Time, Wynn arrived. TAAron's body lay in the same place, unmoving, except...

Etched onto the scholar's forehead, as though cut with a knife, were two words muddled with stagnant blood.

I WIN.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

1 hour ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Back in the End of Time, Wynn arrived. TAAron's body lay in the same place, unmoving, except...

Etched onto the scholar's forehead, as though cut with a knife, were two words muddled with stagnant blood.

I WIN.

Wynn stopped moving, but only for a second. She had tried the human way, getting TAAron back. It hadn't worked. That punk Death, calling her a child. She could remember a time before him. But now, to the main task. Hopefully the Underworld adventure would keep the others occupied and out of real danger.

Tors, are you there? 

Wynn stopped moving, but only for a second. She had tried the human way, getting TAAron back. It hadn't worked. That punk Death, calling her a child. She could remember a time before him. But now, to the main task. Hopefully the Underworld adventure would keep the others occupied and out of real danger.

Tors, are you there? 

How old is Ranryu?

Yes.

Where could I get some of that static crystal stuff?

I was assuming that Death was much older, since he's, well, Death.

It's called Stacis. And I have no idea. It only formed on our home world, which is... Well, anyway, the only pieces I know of are myself and that one you took out of-

Her voice caught, and she went silent.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

It's called Stacis. And I have no idea. It only formed on our home world, which is... Well, anyway, the only pieces I know of are myself and that one you took out of-

Her voice caught, and she went silent.

Death probably assumed that too. Immortals don't advertise their age often.

Wynn shoved her stupid emotions down and picked up the chunk of crystal.

Why is Malum weak to you, Tors?

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I'm not sure.

Her voice was sad.

Why do you want to know?

It's our best bet for stopping Malum. 

Wynn took the chunk of crystal and put it in her duel disk. 

If there's any more crystal out there, I should be able to scan for it.

Just now, Ranryu said:

It's our best bet for stopping Malum. 

Wynn took the chunk of crystal and put it in her duel disk. 

If there's any more crystal out there, I should be able to scan for it.

Well, the thing is, Stacis doesn't emit magical energy to noticable degree. It's highly stable.

Well, the thing is, Stacis doesn't emit magical energy to noticable degree. It's highly stable.

Ugh, you're right. Wynn said, looking at the stats her disk was sending about the crystal. If we got really close, like within less than a mile, I could scan for it's molecular structure, but that's not really helpful. Maybe I can do something with this little chunk... What makes it glow?