Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ranryu said:

Ugh, you're right. Wynn said, looking at the stats her disk was sending about the crystal. If we got really close, like within less than a mile, I could scan for it's molecular structure, but that's not really helpful. Maybe I can do something with this little chunk... What makes it glow?

That would be a piece of Malum's soul. What are you planning on doing with it?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

That would be a piece of Malum's soul. What are you planning on doing with it?

A piece of... we could totally do something with this. There's no way... How resistant to outside magic is it? Say, if I wanted to shape it into some sort of weapon, would that work?

17 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

A piece of... we could totally do something with this. There's no way... How resistant to outside magic is it? Say, if I wanted to shape it into some sort of weapon, would that work?

It would be nearly impossible to shape it with magic.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

It would be nearly impossible to shape it with magic.

Great. And I don't have the skill to do it by hand. So I can't use it as a weapon. Surely it has some kind of use!

Wynn looked at TAAron's body.

I... I should probably bury him or something. So the space daemons don't eat him.

There was too much guilt to keep it contained. Wynn silently started crying.

14 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Great. And I don't have the skill to do it by hand. So I can't use it as a weapon. Surely it has some kind of use!

Wynn looked at TAAron's body.

I... I should probably bury him or something. So the space daemons don't eat him.

There was too much guilt to keep it contained. Wynn silently started crying.

Why do you need a different weapon? I'm right here.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Why do you need a different weapon? I'm right here.

I... I just assumed that you wouldn't want to go through with my plan. The others are in the Underworld for now, which isn't ideal, but it keeps them safe from Malum. I want to go get him now, before they get back. I'm not losing anyone else.

Wynn didn't say the other things she was thinking. Maybe she was crazy, but it gave her a spark of hope. 

All we need to do is make Malum come to us.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

I... I just assumed that you wouldn't want to go through with my plan. The others are in the Underworld for now, which isn't ideal, but it keeps them safe from Malum. I want to go get him now, before they get back. I'm not losing anyone else.

Wynn didn't say the other things she was thinking. Maybe she was crazy, but it gave her a spark of hope. 

All we need to do is make Malum come to us.

Wynn, what is your plan, exactly?

Just now, Ranryu said:

Where I come from, murderers are given no quarter. And I'm a murderer now. Death is a fitting punishment.

You are not a murderer. What happened to TAAron is... tragic, but it was an accident. I forgive you for it.

You are not a murderer. What happened to TAAron is... tragic, but it was an accident. I forgive you for it.

An accident... perhaps. I didn't just kill him, I told him he would be fine before hand. Thank you for the forgiveness, but the only forgiveness that really matters to me would come from TAAron. Wynn looked at the body. And he's dead. Thanks to me.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

An accident... perhaps. I didn't just kill him, I told him he would be fine before hand. Thank you for the forgiveness, but the only forgiveness that really matters to me would come from TAAron. Wynn looked at the body. And he's dead. Thanks to me.

Didn't Death say that he was going to let you see him?

Just now, Ranryu said:

No! I don't want to face him... don't want to see his face. I failed him. I can't face that. Besides, the portal is closed on this side now.

Well, I'll accompany you on this mission. But I won't let you throw away your life.

Well, I'll accompany you on this mission. But I won't let you throw away your life.

Says you, who almost sacrificed yourself so TAAron's soul could be healed. You know any good neutron stars nearby? Underworld portals really drain me, and it seems foolish to take on Malum with anything less than full power.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Says you, who almost sacrificed yourself so TAAron's soul could be healed. You know any good neutron stars nearby? Underworld portals really drain me, and it seems foolish to take on Malum with anything less than full power.

Can't that god charge you up here?

Can't that god charge you up here?

I absorbed all the energy. Aos Si energy baths can be made two ways, and there's no safe way to harvest aether with out a major detour. There should be a few neutron stars within a five minute ride of the End of Time. My disk can scan for them pretty easily.

I'm mostly filling time until Halcy gets back, but I'm also ready to go if you want to do any plot development.

Just now, Ranryu said:

I absorbed all the energy. Aos Si energy baths can be made two ways, and there's no safe way to harvest aether with out a major detour. There should be a few neutron stars within a five minute ride of the End of Time. My disk can scan for them pretty easily.

Well, the question is whether you want Wynn to be there when they get back from the underworld or not.

Interesting. And... you didn't fail him, Wynn. You did your best to give him a chance at a better life.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Interesting. And... you didn't fail him, Wynn. You did your best to give him a chance at a better life.

I do want her to be there. And here's a chance to have a little fun!

Better life my foot. If this is my best, I'd hate to see my worst.

Wynn paled and started sweating, sitting down suddenly.

On second thought, maybe the star can wait. My body can't handle all the energy I've been expending recently. I'll just take a little rest...

Within seconds, Wynn was asleep.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Better life my foot. If this is my best, I'd hate to see my worst.

Wynn paled and started sweating, sitting down suddenly.

On second thought, maybe the star can wait. My body can't handle all the energy I've been expending recently. I'll just take a little rest...

Within seconds, Wynn was asleep.

Wynn? Wynn!

Tors hovered by her, and nudged her head.

What happened?

Wynn? Wynn!

Tors hovered by her, and nudged her head.

What happened?

Wynn didn't move. She didn't appear to be hurt, just deeply asleep.

A loud roaring noise came from a strange wormhole that suddenly appeared a few feet away from Wynn. A sleek black duel runner carrying two people skidded to a stop.

"Look Lyna, we found her! And a dead guy. What happened here?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn didn't move. She didn't appear to be hurt, just deeply asleep.

A loud roaring noise came from a strange wormhole that suddenly appeared a few feet away from Wynn. A sleek black duel runner carrying two people skidded to a stop.

"Look Lyna, we found her! And a dead guy. What happened here?"

Tors, unfortunately, was unable to speak to or interact with them. Instead she began humming violently, and the room filled with a high-pitched ringing.

What are these people doing?

Tors, unfortunately, was unable to speak to or interact with them. Instead she began humming violently, and the room filled with a high-pitched ringing.

What are these people doing?

The white-haired girl, Lyna, turned to her companion, covering her ears.

"There's some kind of sentient force in here! I'm going to try and connect with it."

The dark-haired boy nodded.

"Be careful. We don't need a repeat of last time."

Lyna's powers involve using less-conventional forms of communication. She should be able to connect with Tors.

Just now, Ranryu said:

The white-haired girl, Lyna, turned to her companion, covering her ears.

"There's some kind of sentient force in here! I'm going to try and connect with it."

The dark-haired boy nodded.

"Be careful. We don't need a repeat of last time."

Sensing the connection, Tors spoke.

Who in Bonum's good name are you?