Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I'm not trying to make you cry, girl. I simply wish to demonstrate the extent of my power. You questioned me, and now your mortal friend is gone forever.

Wynn, are you okay? What just happened?

Well, I think you passed the audition. The team's called "Really Annoying Inconveniences That Will Never Actually Amount To Anything". Wanna join? I think you could be co-leaders with Purple and Nathan.

Tors... I think they just destroyed Lerac's soul. Here's the plan: Step one, destroy Malum Step two, trap Death in a pit of eternal agony and laugh as he suffers for eons. Step three: go to Haly's and commit mass murder. Step four, bring Lerac's body back to his family. Actually, maybe we can do step four first. His body probably won't decay in the End of Time, but I don't want to take any chances. And also we need to brainstorm ideas for step one. Malum deserves a lot worse than an easy destruction. 

Snuffle yipped and butted her head into Wynn's arm. Wynn smiled faintly and stroked her silly metallic fur. 

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Well, I think you passed the audition. The team's called "Really Annoying Inconveniences That Will Never Actually Amount To Anything". Wanna join? I think you could be co-leaders with Purple and Nathan.

Tors... I think they just destroyed Lerac's soul. Here's the plan: Step one, destroy Malum Step two, trap Death in a pit of eternal agony and laugh as he suffers for eons. Step three: go to Haly's and commit mass murder. Step four, bring Lerac's body back to his family. Actually, maybe we can do step four first. His body probably won't decay in the End of Time, but I don't want to take any chances. And also we need to brainstorm ideas for step one. Malum deserves a lot worse than an easy destruction. 

Snuffle yipped and butted her head into Wynn's arm. Wynn smiled faintly and stroked her silly metallic fur. 

Oh, no. I'm... so sorry, Wynn. What can I do?

A sensation of cold came over Wynn. It was consuming and vast. It communicated pure entropy. It could only be one thing. Death.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Oh, no. I'm... so sorry, Wynn. What can I do?

A sensation of cold came over Wynn. It was consuming and vast. It communicated pure entropy. It could only be one thing. Death.

Kill Death? I don't know if that's possible, but it sounds fun. 

Potato who is reading over my shoulder really wants to join this RP just so she can kill Death.

Wynn shivered.

What is happening here with the Death thing?

"You're more of a fool than I thought." Death stood behind Wynn, unnaturally tall, emanating that cold aura.

Wynn laughed.

"A fool? Yes. A terrible person? Most likely. The person who got you busted? Definitely.

"What's wrong, Death? Did you have to abandon your Underworld when the council set the Wild Hunt on you? It's funny that you would come here, to a place where only one is living and only one has died. The Aos Si are happy in their undeath. Have you come to let me join them?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn laughed.

"A fool? Yes. A terrible person? Most likely. The person who got you busted? Definitely.

"What's wrong, Death? Did you have to abandon your Underworld when the council set the Wild Hunt on you? It's funny that you would come here, to a place where only one is living and only one has died. The Aos Si are happy in their undeath. Have you come to let me join them?"

"Think, child. Did you really believe that I would obey the whims of that idiot god?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn pulled herself back a little.

"I forgot. Death bows to no one, not even Malum. So why have you come?"

"I have come to propose a deal. I don't appreciate these councilmen breathing down my neck, and I don't want to do anything drastic. If you call off your dogs, I give you the life magician for the length of your mission to kill the idiot Malum."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I have come to propose a deal. I don't appreciate these councilmen breathing down my neck, and I don't want to do anything drastic. If you call off your dogs, I give you the life magician for the length of your mission to kill the idiot Malum."

Wynn considered.

"I could put in a good word for you. They don't know about your involvement with Malum yet, however. How about this? You give me Lerac permanently, and I give you ownership of my memories that could incriminate you. I'll still have access to them, but I literally will be unable to tell the council, even if they scan my mind."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn considered.

"I could put in a good word for you. They don't know about your involvement with Malum yet, however. How about this? You give me Lerac permanently, and I give you ownership of my memories that could incriminate you. I'll still have access to them, but I literally will be unable to tell the council, even if they scan my mind."

"I have no involvement with Malum, child. That is hardly a bargain. You have already sent them sniffing around my underworld. I'm afraid you'll have to do a lot more if you want him back at all, let alone permanently."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I have no involvement with Malum, child. That is hardly a bargain. You have already sent them sniffing around my underworld. I'm afraid you'll have to do a lot more if you want him back at all, let alone permanently."

"You have no involvement with him? Well he certainty doesn't think that. And it's still funny that you think I can stop them. I merely pushed a pebble off the cliff. I can't stop the rock slide that follows. You made your bed, and now you have to lie in it. I'd gladly watch you take what's coming to you, but I'm still open to deal-making. You are, after all, in the one place that no one can enter, not even gods. I locked the door just after you slipped in. My people really had no idea how ingenious this realm's design was when they crafted it. 

"Take this deal or leave. I will give you this realm in trade for Lerac. All yours, golems of death included. You can even have the key. Take it or leave it. I win no matter what."

I really should be going soon... :lol: As much as I like staying up late, it's probably not good for my mental health.

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"You have no involvement with him? Well he certainty doesn't think that. And it's still funny that you think I can stop them. I merely pushed a pebble off the cliff. I can't stop the rock slide that follows. You made your bed, and now you have to lie in it. I'd gladly watch you take what's coming to you, but I'm still open to deal-making. You are, after all, in the one place that no one can enter, not even gods. I locked the door just after you slipped in. My people really had no idea how ingenious this realm's design was when they crafted it. 

"Take this deal or leave. I will give you this realm in trade for Lerac. All yours, golems of death included. You can even have the key. Take it or leave it. I win no matter what.""

"I am not here, child, I am merely a vision. If you can do nothing for me, than I will do nothing for you. Is that all, then? I suppose I'll have to go and deal with your Hunt."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I am not here, child, I am merely a vision. If you can do nothing for me, than I will do nothing for you. Is that all, then? I suppose I'll have to go and deal with your Hunt."

Wynn chuckled again.

"I hate you, you know that, right? Once again, I do not control the Wild Hunt. How the heck would I gain control over thousands of vengeful undead? I don't think you understand what I'm saying. You can't win against the council. They control all of the primal forces, plus a few others. And whatever aspect of you that is here will be unable to return once you leave. This realm is unbreakable. Now if you have nothing to offer, then goodbye."

Wynn turned and walked away.

Bye!

Edited by Ranryu

17 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn chuckled again.

"I hate you, you know that, right? Once again, I do not control the Wild Hunt. How the heck would I gain control over thousands of vengeful undead? I don't think you understand what I'm saying. You can't win against the council. They control all of the primal forces, plus a few others. And whatever aspect of you that is here will be unable to return once you leave. This realm is unbreakable. Now if you have nothing to offer, then goodbye."

Wynn turned and walked away.

Bye. Also, I'm toying with the idea that Death is a class 6 being that pretends to be a class 5.

Death sighed. "I am not an evil man, Wynn. I have no interest in destruction. Tell them that you are mistaken. That may not stop them, but I have more power that you know, and it should still help. As for your little trap, I would appreciate if you release me, although this is hardly a significant portion of my self. Finally, you must kill Malum. He is still weak, but he grows stronger. He is an idiot, but one such as him with that much power is even more dangerous than a less interfering deity like myself.

"If you agree to this, I will give you the man Lerac. But know that if he dies on your mission, I keep him. If you fail to defeat Malum, I take him. Am I understood?" Death's apparent anger and self-important air had vanished. His tone now resembled more that of a weary parent.

9 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Death sighed. "I am not an evil man, Wynn. I have no interest in destruction. Tell them that you are mistaken. That may not stop them, but I have more power that you know, and it should still help. As for your little trap, I would appreciate if you release me, although this is hardly a significant portion of my self. Finally, you must kill Malum. He is still weak, but he grows stronger. He is an idiot, but one such as him with that much power is even more dangerous than a less interfering deity like myself.

"If you agree to this, I will give you the man Lerac. But know that if he dies on your mission, I keep him. If you fail to defeat Malum, I take him. Am I understood?" Death's apparent anger and self-important air had vanished. His tone now resembled more that of a weary parent.

That would be cool! The only thing would be that he has essentially infinite power, but is bound by oddly specific rules.

Wynn thought for a second, then sighed.

"This deal is acceptable. I'll send Anastasia a raven asking her to call the investigation off. Just give me a minute to get back to the security chamber to unlock the realm."

8 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn thought for a second, then sighed.

"This deal is acceptable. I'll send Anastasia a raven asking her to call the investigation off. Just give me a minute to get back to the security chamber to unlock the realm."

"Do that, then return here. Then I will give you the man."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Hello Wynn. How are you feeling?

A little bit murderous. How about you? Feeling proud of yourself? Your day is coming, Malum. Coming swiftly and soon.

Wynn unlocked the realm and made her way back.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

A little bit murderous. How about you? Feeling proud of yourself? Your day is coming, Malum. Coming swiftly and soon.

Wynn unlocked the realm and made her way back.

Odd. I can't see you there. One of your tricks?

Death was waiting for her. "So, you agree to all the terms?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Odd. I can't see you there. One of your tricks?

Death was waiting for her. "So, you agree to all the terms?"

Tricks? No. My tricks are a lot more complicated and usually end in disaster.

"Yes." Wynn nodded. "I do. And you should know, a certain god of destruction is poking around right now, so we may need to speed things up."

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Tricks? No. My tricks are a lot more complicated and usually end in disaster.

"Yes." Wynn nodded. "I do. And you should know, a certain god of destruction is poking around right now, so we may need to speed things up."

"Go on, then. Send your message."

"Go on, then. Send your message."

Wynn slipped a card she had taken from her room into her duel disk.

"Raven, a message."

Wynn pulled a piece of paper out of the raven's talons and wrote a quick paragraph on it.

Dear Anastasia,

As a trusted informant of the Hunt, and as your friend, I am asking the Hunt to call off their investigation of Death. After further discussion with the god in question, I realized that I misunderstood several of Death's actions, and my request for an investigation was not justified. The vast majority of souls in his domain come from deceased space daemons, which as you know do not require the same afterlife system as other mortal souls.

Sincerely, Wynn, Bringer of Storms.

Wynn gave the letter to Death.

"Is this acceptable?"

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn slipped a card she had taken from her room into her duel disk.

"Raven, a message."

Wynn pulled a piece of paper out of the raven's talons and wrote a quick paragraph on it.

Dear Anastasia,

As a trusted informant of the Hunt, and as your friend, I am asking the Hunt to call off their investigation of Death. After further discussion with the god in question, I realized that I misunderstood several of Death's actions, and my request for an investigation was not justified. The vast majority of souls in his domain come from deceased space daemons, which as you know do not require the same afterlife system as other mortal souls.

Sincerely, Wynn, Bringer of Storms.

Wynn gave the letter to Death.

"Is this acceptable?"

"It is a lie," he remarked simply.

Is it?

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"It is a lie," he remarked simply.

Wynn covered her ears.

"Not to me it isn't. I know better than to lie to the council. Everything in this letter is true, according to my perspective, if you get my drift."

Wynn tied the paper with a piece of string, then fastened that to the raven's leg.

"Deliver this to Anastasia of the Wild Hunt, please."

The bird squawked and disappeared. 

"Now you need to keep your end of the bargain."