Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

7 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn covered her ears.

"Not to me it isn't. I know better than to lie to the council. Everything in this letter is true, according to my perspective, if you get my drift."

Wynn tied the paper with a piece of string, then fastened that to the raven's leg.

"Deliver this to Anastasia of the Wild Hunt, please."

The bird squawked and disappeared. 

"Now you need to keep your end of the bargain."

"If I did not, I would be no better than any other silly god. You have your mortal friend. Go to his body, and awaken him." Death disappeared in a swirl of mist.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"If I did not, I would be no better than any other silly god. You have your mortal friend. Go to his body, and awaken him." Death disappeared in a swirl of mist.

Wynn's heart raced. Was this for real? She put her hand on a control panel on the wall. 

"Tree, take me to the End of Time."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn's heart raced. Was this for real? She put her hand on a control panel on the wall. 

"Tree, take me to the End of Time."

She arrived, and everything appeared as it had been. The flowers were there, obscuring Lerac's body.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

She arrived, and everything appeared as it had been. The flowers were there, obscuring Lerac's body.

Death better have kept his end of the bargain.

"Lerac, can you hear me?" Wynn dug through the flowers.

Death better have kept his end of the bargain.

"Lerac, can you hear me?" Wynn dug through the flowers.

Lerac was there, still pale and unmoving.

It's very faint, but he has a heartbeat. Wynn might not notice right away. He needs to be jolted awake somehow.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac was there, still pale and unmoving.

Hmm... Death wouldn't break a promise. It's against his nature.

Wynn scanned him with her duel disk.

He's alive, barely. What if I...? Very carefully, Wynn channeled some of her energy into him. Not Shadow Magic, but pure energy, straight from a harvested neutron star. Just a little should do the trick. I don't want to fry him. 

Hmm... Death wouldn't break a promise. It's against his nature.

Wynn scanned him with her duel disk.

He's alive, barely. What if I...? Very carefully, Wynn channeled some of her energy into him. Not Shadow Magic, but pure energy, straight from a harvested neutron star. Just a little should do the trick. I don't want to fry him. 

Lerac bolted upright, gasping. "What..."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac bolted upright, gasping. "What..."

"Lerac!" Wynn hugged him. "You're alive again!"

Then she punched him. Not too hard, though. "Never do that again! From now on, there will be no more heroic sacrifices from you. I highly doubt anything could convince Death to give you back a second time."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Lerac!" Wynn hugged him. "You're alive again!"

Then she punched him. Not too hard, though. "Never do that again! From now on, there will be no more heroic sacrifices from you. I highly doubt anything could convince Death to give you back a second time."

"Ow. You... what?" Lerac looked dazed. Suddenly, his gaze locked on her. "Wynn!"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Ow. You... what?" Lerac looked dazed. Suddenly, his gaze locked on her. "Wynn!"

Wynn reigned herself in. The punching could wait until he had his bearings.

"Yes, my name is Wynn. I hope you aren't just realizing that. How was your trip to the afterlife?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn reigned herself in. The punching could wait until he had his bearings.

"Yes, my name is Wynn. I hope you aren't just realizing that. How was your trip to the afterlife?"

"Unpleasant. You... hugged me. And then you punched me."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Why are you mad at me? It was better I died than him. People need him."

"And you think we don't need you? You have friends- and family  who need you. That reminds me. We need to get you back to see your family before you die again or something worse."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"And you think we don't need you? You have friends- and family  who need you. That reminds me. We need to get you back to see your family before you die again or something worse."

"No one needs me. Not you all, and I know for a fact that no one back at home misses me. Honestly, I was a burden. The only thing I'm good for is healing." He said this matter-of-factly.

16 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Does this... happen often?" He shook his head, laughing softly. "How did yesterday go?"

“Oh. It was okay. Boring. Lots of people. I got restless.” She looked around. “I have no idea how I got up here. No, this doesn’t happen often. I think… I’m pretty sure it’s Rylla—the energy inside me—doing… something. But hey, it’s better than fire. Or floods. Or fields full of thorny roses.” She winced at the memory.

1 hour ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn covered her ears.

"Not to me it isn't. I know better than to lie to the council. Everything in this letter is true, according to my perspective, if you get my drift."

Wynn tied the paper with a piece of string, then fastened that to the raven's leg.

"Deliver this to Anastasia of the Wild Hunt, please."

The bird squawked and disappeared. 

"Now you need to keep your end of the bargain."

Would Anastasia send a raven back, or come in person? How would she contact her?

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Oh. It was okay. Boring. Lots of people. I got restless.” She looked around. “I have no idea how I got up here. No, this doesn’t happen often. I think… I’m pretty sure it’s Rylla—the energy inside me—doing… something. But hey, it’s better than fire. Or floods. Or fields full of thorny roses.” She winced at the memory.

"So what is happening today? More of the same?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"No one needs me. Not you all, and I know for a fact that no one back at home misses me. Honestly, I was a burden. The only thing I'm good for is healing." He said this matter-of-factly.

Wynn facepalmed. "How many times have you saved us all with your healing? If the folks in your home realm couldn't recognize your worth, then they don't deserve you." Wynn lowered her voice. "And you're wrong. I do need you. I... can't do this by myself."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn facepalmed. "How many times have you saved us all with your healing? If the folks in your home realm couldn't recognize your worth, then they don't deserve you." Wynn lowered her voice. "And you're wrong. I do need you. I... can't do this by myself."

"Sure you could. You're immortal, and smart. You probably don't need my healing, so what do you need me for?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Good luck with that. Anything I can do?"

“I don’t know. You’re welcome to explore the castle, or the grounds, or read, or do whatever.” Rising to sit, she slipped off the bookshelf and became a wind chime to circle down to the ground. 

“I don’t know. You’re welcome to explore the castle, or the grounds, or read, or do whatever.” Rising to sit, she slipped off the bookshelf and became a wind chime to circle down to the ground. 

Is anything going to happen this day?

"Careful with that, I don't think people know about your abilities."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Careful with that, I don't think people know about your abilities."

Just a convo between Haly and Tiernan— that’s important, but I can just write it out. Oh, and I had another idea to keep TAAron busy, if that’s something you’d like to do.

“Nobody’s going to come in here,” she replied dismissively. “Besides Cjehu, and he’s not here. I hope he’s not still stuck to that wall…”

“Nobody’s going to come in here,” she replied dismissively. “Besides Cjehu, and he’s not here. I hope he’s not still stuck to that wall…”

Sure, what is it?

"Okay." He dropped back down. "Um... Have a good time?"