Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Ashli swept over. “Oh dear,” she said softly. “Well. I’m not sure what to do with this.”

"That's bad," he agreed. He began speaking immediately after she stopped. The rate of his speech was also much faster than normal. "What was the nature of their takeovers?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"That's bad," he agreed. He began speaking immediately after she stopped. The rate of his speech was also much faster than normal. "What was the nature of their takeovers?"

“Military. Just conquests. But shouldn’t they have to be mad at the…” she shook her head. “Huh.”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Military. Just conquests. But shouldn’t they have to be mad at the…” she shook her head. “Huh.”

"Could they potentially have spread the invincibility effect to the whole army? Or, would bring a part of the army guarantee that your side would win?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Could they potentially have spread the invincibility effect to the whole army? Or, would bring a part of the army guarantee that your side would win?"

“Don’t know. It’s not invincibility—it’s unbeatability. But I think we’ve killed their soldiers before, so that’s that. But how do we get it away from them?”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Don’t know. It’s not invincibility—it’s unbeatability. But I think we’ve killed their soldiers before, so that’s that. But how do we get it away from them?”

"The first step, of course, would be to find it. After that, you send someone stealthy to steal it, or someone deadly to assassinate the holder. I would be suitable for either role."

"The first step, of course, would be to find it. After that, you send someone stealthy to steal it, or someone deadly to assassinate the holder. I would be suitable for either role."

“But they’re still bigger. A war would still be catastrophic. Unless we had it, I suppose… but I don’t think that’s right for us. We’d eventually become them…” she thought for a minute. “Evikan. Yes. We can borrow an Evikan army. They never cared about military might, so the pendant won’t mean much to them. They’ll want it out of play. We can help them destroy it. That way, nobody in Basilica has to know.”

I need to fix these holes…

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“But they’re still bigger. A war would still be catastrophic. Unless we had it, I suppose… but I don’t think that’s right for us. We’d eventually become them…” she thought for a minute. “Evikan. Yes. We can borrow an Evikan army. They never cared about military might, so the pendant won’t mean much to them. They’ll want it out of play. We can help them destroy it. That way, nobody in Basilica has to know.”

"The Evikan army for what? To give the talisman to? To blame for it's disappearance?"

"The Evikan army for what? To give the talisman to? To blame for it's disappearance?"

“To crush Nolikar so they are no longer a threat. Once we have the army, we can destroy theirs, then get rid of the talisman.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“To crush Nolikar so they are no longer a threat. Once we have the army, we can destroy theirs, then get rid of the talisman.”

"Wouldn't it be less risky to find and destroy the talisman first?"

"Right. Either way, we must first steal the talisman. Ideas?"

Her eyes glinted. “We send a delegate to their castle using the name of Evika. Then that delegate will steal it and deliver it to our general, who will command the army and crush Nolikar. Boom, Evalyn’s safe, Basilica’s safe.” 

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Her eyes glinted. “We send a delegate to their castle using the name of Evika. Then that delegate will steal it and deliver it to our general, who will command the army and crush Nolikar. Boom, Evalyn’s safe, Basilica’s safe.” 

"If you say so. I'll be the delegate."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"If you say so. I'll be the delegate."

Snapping the book shut, she grinned. “Perfect. I’ll send Evika a bird and inform them of our suggestion. I don’t think it’ll be an issue.” 

I gotta go now. Bye!

6 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Snapping the book shut, she grinned. “Perfect. I’ll send Evika a bird and inform them of our suggestion. I don’t think it’ll be an issue.” 

"Wait. I should probably talk to Haly about it. She... Might not take it well."

7 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Do you have a place in mind?" He glanced at Snuffle inquisitively. "And is that a robot dog?"

"Well, I was thinking Earth, but if your home world is a friendly place, then we should try to go there instead. And yes, this is Snuffle, my childhood friend. Lerac, Snuffle. Snuffle, Lerac."

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Well, I was thinking Earth, but if your home world is a friendly place, then we should try to go there instead. And yes, this is Snuffle, my childhood friend. Lerac, Snuffle. Snuffle, Lerac."

"'Friendly' is an interesting word. We won't die." Lerac patted Snuffle on the head.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"'Friendly' is an interesting word. We won't die." Lerac patted Snuffle on the head.

"Friendly as in we can breathe the air and nobody hates our guts. Is it a good place or not?" Snuffle yipped and wagged her tail.

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Friendly as in we can breathe the air and nobody hates our guts. Is it a good place or not?" Snuffle yipped and wagged her tail.

"I guess it meets those requirements." Lerac looked uncomfortable, which was unusual for him.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I guess it meets those requirements." Lerac looked uncomfortable, which was unusual for him.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to. But won't your family want to know where you've been?"

"I suppose... I don't know how many of them want to know."

Wynn narrowed her eyes slightly. 

"Well then doesn't your family need to be humbled a little? I can go yell at them, if you'd like."