Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, Ranryu said:

Luckily, Wynn wasn't that easy to suffocate. With a small burst of energy, her Shadow cleaved the vines straight through and deposited her a few feet away.

"Sheesh, anger much? The plant magic is very cool and all, but I do not appreciate having to waste my energy fighting vines. If you wanted help with whatever crisis you're going through, you could've just asked like a sane person."

Calm yourself. You only murder people who deserve it, not magic plant dudes with anger issues. Besides, he's Lerac's dad. Do not kill him even the tiniest bit.

"You wanna go somewhere else?" Wynn asked Lerac. "Now I understand why you were reluctant to come. Your world sucks worse than the Slime Pits of the 35th Barrier."

"No. My son stays, you go. I will speak with him."

Lerac was frustrated, but he somehow couldn't bring himself to object. "I sort of made myself a political enemy here some years back. Eventually, I just went to work at the health clinic with my mother."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

17 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"No. My son stays, you go. I will speak with him."

Lerac was frustrated, but he somehow couldn't bring himself to object. "I sort of made myself a political enemy here some years back. Eventually, I just went to work at the health clinic with my mother."

"Oof." Wynn winced. "Politics suck. I guess I'll leave you to it, then."

She went off to go find and bother Parel.

42 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Mildly surprised, Ashli asked, “Why? Over what?”

"She was... hoping that I could provide some company during this whole thing."

9 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Oof." Wynn winced. "Politics suck. I guess I'll leave you to it, then."

She went off to go find and bother Parel.

Parel was outside at his guard post.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"She was... hoping that I could provide some company during this whole thing."

“She’ll be fine,” Ashli insisted. “It won’t be the work of more than a week, if we play it right.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I’ll send the bird. You say goodbyes. How’s that?”

"Fine. You might have to coach me a bit on what to do and say, by the way. I can do the stealing, but I have to know how to figure it out."

We could time skip to when Haly is back in her room, whether or not she is alone. If she isn't, it'll be nice and awkward since TAAron will be waiting for her.

Unless you still want to write out her conversation with I Forget His Name.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Wynn smiled slyly. Stealth is boring. I want to have a little fun.

"So, you're a guard. That must be fun. What did Lerac do to make everyone hate him so much?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Fine. You might have to coach me a bit on what to do and say, by the way. I can do the stealing, but I have to know how to figure it out."

“Perfect. Bye, see you later.” She opened the door for him, then scribbled down on a piece of paper. 

Yes timeskip! Nah, the convo can happen a little later on. I think it would be fun to bring him in, if that’s ok with you. Be back in a few minutes.

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn smiled slyly. Stealth is boring. I want to have a little fun.

"So, you're a guard. That must be fun. What did Lerac do to make everyone hate him so much?"

"Hmph. He's not exactly the warmest person, you know. He constantly insulted everyone from us guards to high up politicians."

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Perfect. Bye, see you later.” She opened the door for him, then scribbled down on a piece of paper. 

"See you." He walked out and towards Haly's room, where he waited in a corner for her to arrive.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Hmph. He's not exactly the warmest person, you know. He constantly insulted everyone from us guards to high up politicians."

"Well, insulting a guard like yourself doesn't seem fair. A waste of words, given to someone who doesn't appreciate them." She nodded. "But maybe he's changed. Danger and Death tend to do that to people."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Well, insulting a guard like yourself doesn't seem fair. A waste of words, given to someone who doesn't appreciate them." She nodded. "But maybe he's changed. Danger and Death tend to do that to people."

"He did insult the politicians more often. His insults to me were more petty. Maybe it was just force of habit. And, death?"

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"See you." He walked out and towards Haly's room, where he waited in a corner for her to arrive.

Eventually, she did, and Tiernan was with her. She froze when she saw TAAron, uncertainty flicking through her eyes. “Hey, Evander.”

Tiernan was rather confused.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"He did insult the politicians more often. His insults to me were more petty. Maybe it was just force of habit. And, death?"

"He died. Heroically. Foolishly. I don't know what he would've done if he didn't have immortal and highly skilled mortal friends who made a deal with Death for him. If only his own people were as helpful..."

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Eventually, she did, and Tiernan was with her. She froze when she saw TAAron, uncertainty flicking through her eyes. “Hey, Evander.”

Tiernan was rather confused.

Rusts.

"Oh, uh..." His eyes darted around, looking for a way out. In a panic, he tapped zinc again, and forced himself to slow down his speech. "I was just going to discuss with Evalyn about political matters. I can see you are occupied." He strode out of the room, sweating. Why didn't I consider that would happen? I don't think that was very convincing.

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"He died. Heroically. Foolishly. I don't know what he would've done if he didn't have immortal and highly skilled mortal friends who made a deal with Death for him. If only his own people were as helpful..."

"Lerac has had every privilege someone could ask for as the child of a general. I don't know if and how he's changed since I last saw h, but the boy I know is a selfish troublemaker."

"Lerac has had every privilege someone could ask for as the child of a general. I don't know if and how he's changed since I last saw h, but the boy I know is a selfish troublemaker."

"A selfish trouble maker that died selflessly for another. And now he's going to help save the universe. That totally lines up."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Rusts.

"Oh, uh..." His eyes darted around, looking for a way out. In a panic, he tapped zinc again, and forced himself to slow down his speech. "I was just going to discuss with Evalyn about political matters. I can see you are occupied." He strode out of the room, sweating. Why didn't I consider that would happen? I don't think that was very convincing.

“He’s up to something,” Tiernan muttered. “Watch your step. He could be after you.”

”Oh. Uh. I don’t think so. He’s here for the stuff. He’s helpful with political matters.”

”He shouldn’t be in here without your permission,” Tiernan insisted, concerned. “You should post a guard.”

”I’ll think about it,” she promised. “But he’s really not a threat.”

A new possibility flickered in his eyes. “Ah. You know best, I suppose.”

They made a few attempts at conversation, but eventually he said good night and left.

Haly chewed her lip as he exited and walked away toward his room. Well, chasms. I should have humored him or something. She stepped into the hall to look for TAAron.

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"A selfish trouble maker that died selflessly for another. And now he's going to help save the universe. That totally lines up."

"I think he always did what he thought was right, but he was selfish. He never showed appreciation for what he had, he just used it when he could for his little schemes."

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“He’s up to something,” Tiernan muttered. “Watch your step. He could be after you.”

”Oh. Uh. I don’t think so. He’s here for the stuff. He’s helpful with political matters.”

”He shouldn’t be in here without your permission,” Tiernan insisted, concerned. “You should post a guard.”

”I’ll think about it,” she promised. “But he’s really not a threat.”

A new possibility flickered in his eyes. “Ah. You know best, I suppose.”

They made a few attempts at conversation, but eventually he said good night and left.

Haly chewed her lip as he exited and walked away toward his room. Well, chasms. I should have humored him or something. She stepped into the hall to look for TAAron.

New possibility? What does he think?

He dropped down in front of her, apparently having Pushed himself up to the ceiling. "Hi, Haly. Sorry about that. Uh... I have something to tell you."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I think he always did what he thought was right, but he was selfish. He never showed appreciation for what he had, he just used it when he could for his little schemes."

He dropped down in front of her, apparently having Pushed himself up to the ceiling. "Hi, Haly. Sorry about that. Uh... I have something to tell you."

He’s guessed that they’re romantically involved.

“Don’t wor try, it’ll smooth over. Probably. What is it?”

5 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Don’t worry, it’ll smooth over. Probably. What is it?”

Oh, potential conflict.

"Ashli and I figured out that the Nolikans have some sort of talisman that they're using to win battles. I have stealth and combat from my metals, so I... volunteered to go and pose as a delegate there."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

"Ashli and I figured out that the Nolikans have some sort of talisman that they're using to win battles. I'm have stealth and combat from my metals, so I... volunteered to go and pose as a delegate there."

“Wait.” Her head spun, then stopped. “You’re… leaving?”

"Schemes are small potatoes now. If we don't stop Malum, literally everyone dies." She smiled and let Shadow drip down the side of her face. "But most of you mortals probably won't care. Too busy holding petty grudges. And what is this crisis I've been hearing about?"

Oh, no. TAAron got a bit flustered. "Uh, yeah. It's- it's for the good of your country, and for your safety."

“But… why not somebody else? Do you have to go?” Panic had crept in and she felt a desperate need to keep him from leaving.