Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Huh." Lerac looked thoughtful. "I don't think I have a very good handle on my emotions. But I like you too... I think."

Wynn chuckled.

"Thanks. I don't either, I think. I just spent decades without enough soul to feel this kind of thing. It's strange, being whole. Or mostly, at this point."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn chuckled.

"Thanks. I don't either, I think. I just spent decades without enough soul to feel this kind of thing. It's strange, being whole. Or mostly, at this point."

"Interesting. Personally, I've never understood romance." Lerac was watching her intently. "But, I feel comfortable around you. That isn't typical for me."

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Interesting. Personally, I've never understood romance." Lerac was watching her intently. "But, I feel comfortable around you. That isn't typical for me."

"I mean, I'm not one for those idiot lovers who are so obsessed with each other that they both get killed. Romance is all and good, but survival should come first. Right now that means finding a way to kill Malum, for your sake if nothing else."

Responses might be delayed for a few hours

Edited by Ranryu

"I mean, I'm not one for those idiot lovers who are so obsessed with each other that they both get killed. Romance is all and good, but survival should come first. Right now that means finding a way to kill Malum, for your sake if nothing else."

"Okay." He approached her stiffly. "I feel like I should do something now."

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

He stiffened for a moment, but then relaxed. "This is... nice. So where are we going after this? Or are we staying here and looking for something?"

She sighed.

"I have no way to know if there actually is anything here that would help us, so we probably don't need to waste time."  She pressed a button on her duel disk and Snuffle appeared.

"Find the Stacis, girl."

The puppy barked and began sniffing around.

She sighed.

"I have no way to know if there actually is anything here that would help us, so we probably don't need to waste time."  She pressed a button on her duel disk and Snuffle appeared.

"Find the Stacis, girl."

The puppy barked and began sniffing around.

"Isn't that stuff from TAAron's world, which... doesn't really exist anymore?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Isn't that stuff from TAAron's world, which... doesn't really exist anymore?"

"If any of it exists in the cosmos, Snuffle can find it."

The mechanical canine barked.

"Time to go, I guess." Wynn gestured to the duel runner.

"If any of it exists in the cosmos, Snuffle can find it."

The mechanical canine barked.

"Time to go, I guess." Wynn gestured to the duel runner.

"Yep." Lerac released her hand. The same warm healing sensation had subtly crept up again, and it vanished. He walked over to the runner.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Yep." Lerac released her hand. The same warm healing sensation had subtly crept up again, and it vanished. He walked over to the runner.

Hmm. Interesting.

Wynn started up the runner, putting Snuffle on the control panel. 

"Lead the way, girl." 

And off they went.

Where are they going? Will they even find any?

Just now, Ranryu said:

Hmm. Interesting.

Wynn started up the runner, putting Snuffle on the control panel. 

"Lead the way, girl." 

And off they went.

When TAAron's world was destroyed, each piece of it got flung out into interdimensional space. There would be chunks of Stacis, bit it might be dangerous to be out in interdimensional space for do long trying to retrieve it. Could be interesting.

Anyway, Lerac is going to keep being emotionally confused.

"Why are you nervous when you're close to me?" Lerac asked curiously.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Why are you nervous when you're close to me?" Lerac asked curiously.

"Not nervous, exactly. Excited, maybe? I don't know. These emotion things are odd and unpredictable."

Define interdimensional space. What would it look like?

38 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Not nervous, exactly. Excited, maybe? I don't know. These emotion things are odd and unpredictable."

It was that thing we went through to get out of Terra de Lumine. I think it had some sort of bad effect on Wynn. It doesn't look like anything specifically because there is nothing physical there, but some people see or experience things depending.

"Interesting. I think it just makes me happy. And I kind of got a jolt when you hugged me right after I came back to life."

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

3 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Interesting. I think it just makes me happy. And I kind of got a jolt when you hugged me right after I came back to life."

Wynn laughed.

"What a pair we are! A leveled-up human and a disowned fairy, neither of whom have any idea of what they're doing."

The runner stopped in a flat grassy plain, like an infinite golf course in all directions. Snuffle barked and wagged her tail, then began spinning in circles. Wynn frowned and picked her up, reading data from her duel disk.

"Dang it. The Stacis is in interdimensional space."

Wynn laughed.

"What a pair we are! A leveled-up human and a disowned fairy, neither of whom have any idea of what they're doing."

The runner stopped in a flat grassy plain, like an infinite golf course in all directions. Snuffle barked and wagged her tail, then began spinning in circles. Wynn frowned and picked her up, reading data from her duel disk.

"Dang it. The Stacis is in interdimensional space."

"So... What does that mean for our mission?"

52 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"So... What does that mean for our mission?"

She continued reading the data.

"It means we'll have to enter the Void. This time should be easier, but once we get in, it will be difficult to actually do anything. See, there's a rip in the dimensional buffer right here." She indicated a perfectly normal-looked spot in front of them. "All we have to do is step through."

What happened here to rip the buffer like this? I've never seen anything like it.

Just now, Ranryu said:

She continued reading the data.

"It means we'll have to enter the Void. This time should be easier, but once we get in, it will be difficult to actually do anything. See, there's a rip in the dimensional buffer right here." She indicated a perfectly normal-looked spot in front of them. "All we have to do is step through."

What happened here to rip the buffer like this? I've never seen anything like it.

"Got it... you might need to show me how to step through, because that looks completely normal to me."

On 1/1/2023 at 7:19 PM, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I don't know, Haly. Something has to be done. If you really need me to stay, maybe I can convince Ashli, but... I promise I'll be careful, okay? I wouldn't do that to you again."

I like the idea. It’ll speed some things up a bit.

Tiernan hurried toward them, slowing when he saw TAAron. “Evalyn, I…” His eyes flicked between them. “Wanted to… make sure…you’re okay.” Concerned, he noticed her distress.

In a flash of brilliance, she pressed her hand over her mouth. “I’m fine. It’s just… my brother… he’s dead.” Tears came to her eyes, but mostly fuled by the idea of TAArom leaving.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Got it... you might need to show me how to step through, because that looks completely normal to me."

"All you have to do is walk through it. It's there, even if you can't see it. But wait a second. We need some rope or something, in case you are unable to get back on your own. Or I could go. You've had your share of danger recently."

Edited by Ranryu
me english bad

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Tiernan hurried toward them, slowing when he saw TAAron. “Evalyn, I…” His eyes flicked between them. “Wanted to… make sure…you’re okay.” Concerned, he noticed her distress.

In a flash of brilliance, she pressed her hand over her mouth. “I’m fine. It’s just… my brother… he’s dead.” Tears came to her eyes, but mostly fuled by the idea of TAArom leaving.

TAAron tried to hide his surprise at the lie, instead putting on his best sad expression. "Yes... I was breaking the news to her."

"All you have to do is walk through it. It's there, even if you can't see it. But wait a second. We need some rope or something, in case you are unable to get back on your own. Or I could go. You've had your share of danger reccently."

A rope would be risky because of the non-physicality of that space, although if they didn't let go at all they'd probably be fine.

"I'm not sure. Would you be able to get me out if I did somehow get lost in there?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I'm not sure. Would you be able to get me out if I did somehow get lost in there?"

"Probably not, which is why I should go."

She rummaged around in her runner's storage compartment until she found a rope. "Yes! I knew there was a reason I saved my own execution rope!"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron tried to hide his surprise at the lie, instead putting on his best sad expression. "Yes... I was breaking the news to her."

“Oh. I’m sorry.” And he truly sounded it. “Can I help?”

”No, I…” she swallowed. “I just need some time.” 

Tiernan nodded, glanced at TAAron, and then left sort of reluctantly.