Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Probably not, which is why I should go."

She rummaged around in her runner's storage compartment until she found a rope. "Yes! I knew there was a reason I saved my own execution rope!"

"You execution rope? You'll have to tell me more about that. And, uh, will you be able to get out if you get lost?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"You execution rope? You'll have to tell me more about that. And, uh, will you be able to get out if you get lost?"

"Long story. Here's what I'm thinking. I tie this rope to myself, and you hold one end. I'll go in to see if we can both go in, and if anything happens you can pull me out."

She began tying the rope around herself.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Long story. Here's what I'm thinking. I tie this rope to myself, and you hold one end. I'll go in to see if we can both go in, and if anything happens you can pull me out."

She began tying the rope around herself.

"Right. But will you be able to get out if I somehow can't pull you back in?"

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Oh. I’m sorry.” And he truly sounded it. “Can I help?”

”No, I…” she swallowed. “I just need some time.” 

Tiernan nodded, glanced at TAAron, and then left sort of reluctantly.

"That was a... pretty convincing performance. But what are you going to do if someone looks into it?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Uhhh... Maybe? Getting into the Void has never been this easy before. I have no idea what to expect- I've only been there twice." I think. There are a couple of centuries missing...

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Uhhh... Maybe? Getting into the Void has never been this easy before. I have no idea what to expect- I've only been there twice." I think. There are a couple of centuries missing...

Lerac looked worried. "Are you sure about this? If we both might not be able to get out anyway, I should go."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"That was a... pretty convincing performance. But what are you going to do if someone looks into it?"

She shrugged. “He might well be dead. Last time I heard from him, he said he was stuck to a wall in rising water. So why do you need to leave?”

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac looked worried. "Are you sure about this? If we both might not be able to get out anyway, I should go."

"No. If I die, I'll mostly be fine, but there's no getting you back if you die again. I'll yank three times on the rope if it's safe for you to come in too."

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She shrugged. “He might well be dead. Last time I heard from him, he said he was stuck to a wall in rising water. So why do you need to leave?”

"Wait, don't you care about your brother maybe being dead?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"No. If I die, I'll mostly be fine, but there's no getting you back if you die again. I'll yank three times on the rope if it's safe for you to come in too."

"Fine, I guess that makes sense." Lerac picked up the rope. "You ready to go?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Nope. Let's go."

Carefully, she walked forward and dissapeared suddenly, the rope seeming to float midair.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Wait, don't you care about your brother maybe being dead?"

She looked surprised. “Of course he’s not dead! Cjehu knows better than that!”

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Nope. Let's go."

Carefully, she walked forward and dissapeared suddenly, the rope seeming to float midair.

Lerac laughed for the first time since he had died. "Alright. How long should I wait before pulling you back out?"

She looked surprised. “Of course he’s not dead! Cjehu knows better than that!”

"You just said... never mind." He said nothing for an awkward moment. "Anyway, I want to go because I'm the most capable one for the task. If there is another way, I would love to stay. It just seems like the best option."

Lerac laughed for the first time since he had died. "Alright. How long should I wait before pulling you back out?"

"You just said... never mind." He said nothing for an awkward moment. "Anyway, I want to go because I'm the most capable one for the task. If there is another way, I would love to stay. It just seems like the best option."

She saddened again. “I guess so. With Tiernan on the prowl, it’s probably doubly smart. When do you have to leave?”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She saddened again. “I guess so. With Tiernan on the prowl, it’s probably doubly smart. When do you have to leave?”

"Pretty soon, I think. I'll have to wait for Ashli to get back to me on it. I'm sorry, Haly, I just want to protect you."

She quickly stuck her head back into reality, the rip making it look like it wasn't attached to her body.

"Three minutes. And I don't think I'll be able to hear you. Your voice was muffled when I was only inches away from the portal."

She went back in.

Any ideas for what could happen in three minutes?

Just now, Ranryu said:

She quickly stuck her head back into reality, the rip making it look like it wasn't attached to her body.

"Three minutes. And I don't think I'll be able to hear you. Your voice was muffled when I was only inches away from the portal."

She went back in.

I think it depends. Different people have different reactions to the Void, it could probably be anything from just passing out to hallucinations. I don't remember what happened to Wynn last time.

Lerac sat and waited for three minutes to pass.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Pretty soon, I think. I'll have to wait for Ashli to get back to me on it. I'm sorry, Haly, I just want to protect you."

“I know. That makes me happy. But you leaving makes me sad. With a deep breath she embraced him. “I’ll let you get going.”

“I know. That makes me happy. But you leaving makes me sad." With a deep breath she embraced him. “I’ll let you get going.”

He hugged her back and held her there. "I'll wait here for Ashli, okay?"

“Please do.” She smiled to herself. “Thank you.”

Eventually Ashli knocked. Haly stared at the door, unwilling to open it.

TAAron sighed. "I'll get it." He walked over and opened the door reluctantly. "Hello, Ashli."

TAAron sighed. "I'll get it." He walked over and opened the door reluctantly. "Hello, Ashli."

“We better go. We need all the time we can get.”

Haly glared at nobody in particular.

”Its for your own good, Evalyn,” she sighed. “You wanna marry that guy?”

”No, not really.”

”Exactly. Finished saying goodbyes?”

“We better go. We need all the time we can get.”

Haly glared at nobody in particular.

”Its for your own good, Evalyn,” she sighed. “You wanna marry that guy?”

”No, not really.”

”Exactly. Finished saying goodbyes?”

TAAron went and gave Haly one last hug. "I love you. See you soon."

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac sat and waited for three minutes to pass.

She was unconscious because of how they got into the Void for most of the time.

Wynn looked around. Moss. Flowers. Gigantic trees, looming in the distance. Animals skittered about, and birdsong rang in the distance.

Oh no. Nononononono. But she didn't go back to the rip.

A sunny yellow path cut the landscape in two, the only noticeable mark of civilization in the forested paradise. A pair of young girls skipped along the path, one with green hair and one with blue. They laughed and spoke in a way that echoed so Wynn couldn't understand. She didn't need to.

"Do it again!" The blue haired child's face was joyful.

"No. We'll get in trouble." The green haired girl smiled mischievously, as if she enjoyed the thought of getting in trouble.

"Please? I won't tell anyone!"

Wynn turned away, fingering her dyed-gray hair.

Eria...

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn looked around. Moss. Flowers. Gigantic trees, looming in the distance. Animals skittered about, and birdsong rang in the distance.

Oh no. Nononononono. But she didn't go back to the rip.

A sunny yellow path cut the landscape in two, the only noticeable mark of civilization in the forested paradise. A pair of young girls skipped along the path, one with green hair and one with blue. They laughed and spoke in a way that echoed so Wynn couldn't understand. She didn't need to.

"Do it again!" The blue haired child's face was joyful.

"No. We'll get in trouble." The green haired girl smiled mischievously, as if she enjoyed the thought of getting in trouble.

"Please? I won't tell anyone!"

Wynn turned away, fingering her dyed-gray hair.

Eria...

So she's hallucinating this? How long has passed now?

TAAron went and gave Haly one last hug. "I love you. See you soon."

“Bye.” She pulled away, hiding the tiny rose that had fallen randomly from her hair. Don’t just summon roses. It’s weird. “I’ll miss you. Good luck. Don’t die, or I’ll go insane.” And she meant that.

Ashli beckoned him.