Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

12 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron crept towards the bedroom, but got pushed back by a strange force. What the...

---

The vision faded as the last of TAAron's body was consumed by flame.

Probably not. She’s essentially a different entity for now.

I am to keep you safe. There was no voice, but a sort lf impression spoke to his mind, like the resignation of metal when it has been struck.

Haly continued in misery. 

I’ll do more of her in a minute.

6 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

I am to keep you safe. There was no voice, but a sort lf impression spoke to his mind, like the resignation of metal when it has been struck.

Haly continued in misery.

"What?" he whispered. "Let me through, whatever you are. I have a mission here."

22 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

It’s not safe. The air swirled. Besides, what you seek is not here. 

"What do you mean? I saw it with the queen. If it's not here, where is it? And who sent you, anyway?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

On 1/4/2023 at 4:22 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac looks dead? He's right there next to you.

Yeah, he's next to me dead. Or at least that's what it looks like.

Wynn tried to focus. Perhaps she could get around the illusion somehow?

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

'Malum? What is Malum doing?'

"Some kind of illusion. I see you, dead on the ground."

I need to sign off now.  Sorry I couldn't be on long. Bye!

Edited by Ranryu

22 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What do you mean? I saw it with the queen. If it's not here, where is it? And who sent you, anyway?"

Elsewhere. In the keeping of a deity. There will be no resistance. The… whatever it was… quivered, then rippled. I was sent by the one called Haly. She will be most relieved to see you alive. 

A funny story—I hadn’t read through the Wynn+Lerac in the garden till now, so I had no idea about it. I was missing out, but I’m not now!

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

21 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Some kind of illusion. I see you, dead on the ground."

'Oh. Well, I'm not dead.'

5 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Elsewhere. In the keeping of a deity. There will be no resistance. The… whatever it was… quivered, then rippled. I was sent by the one called Haly. She will be most relieved to see you alive. 

"Oh. What deity? And, has Haly been worried?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

'Oh. Well, I'm not dead.'

"Oh. What deity? And, has Haly been worried?"

A dragon they call Reunasteli. She is an agent of… ah, this secret is not necessary.

My lady believes you dead. Don’t worry, I won’t let her die if she does something drastic.

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

A dragon they call Reunasteli. She is an agent of… ah, this secret is not necessary.

My lady believes you dead. Don’t worry, I won’t let her die if she does something drastic.

"She what? Go tell her I'm fine!"

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

I am assigned to protect you, she repeated. Reunasteli has the ru—the talisman. This way. She swirled around his ankles invisibly, then left out the doors of the room.

He followed the strange presence. "I promise I won't do anything if you go tell her now. Please."

He followed the strange presence. "I promise I won't do anything if you go tell her now. Please."

I will tell her when the battle is won. 

They arrived at a large, empty hall. Up on the ceiling was an arch sort of support system, sort of like ribs. Ish. One curved toward the floor instead, and held a golden dragon statue, no more than a foot tall. A Ruby gleamed at her throat, and as TAAron watched, her eyes lit up with a dim sort of green light, as if Reunasteli were aware of his presence.

She guards it now. You will meet no resistance. It is in her mouth.

I will tell her when the battle is won. 

They arrived at a large, empty hall. Up on the ceiling was an arch sort of support system, sort of like ribs. Ish. One curved toward the floor instead, and held a golden dragon statue, no more than a foot tall. A Ruby gleamed at her throat, and as TAAron watched, her eyes lit up with a dim sort of green light, as if Reunasteli were aware of his presence.

She guards it now. You will meet no resistance. It is in her mouth.

"Great." TAAron Pushed himself up to the mouth of the dragon and felt in it's mouth for an object.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Great." TAAron Pushed himself up to the mouth of the dragon and felt in it's mouth for an object.

There was a hollow at the back of its throat containing the necklace. At his touch, it buzzed with energy.

Now, Ashli awaits you. Swiftly, or you will not succeed.

5 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

There was a hollow at the back of its throat containing the necklace. At his touch, it buzzed with energy.

Now, Ashli awaits you. Swiftly, or you will not succeed.

TAAron made his way to the nearest window, then leaped out into the night. With a pouchful of coins, he went due east.

TAAron made his way to the nearest window, then leaped out into the night. With a pouchful of coins, he made his was due east.

At first, he could hear yelling as soldiers scrambled, but the sounds faded quickly. 

The lights of a town came into view.

Here. This is where you stop. Oeryn the griffin is stabled in that shed.

7 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

At first, he could hear yelling as soldiers scrambled, but the sounds faded quickly. 

The lights of a town came into view.

Here. This is where you stop. Oeryn the griffin is stabled in that shed.

TAAron dropped down to the shed and entered, breath heavy from flying through the air.

TAAron dropped down to the shed and entered. Breath heavy from flying through the air.

A silvery griffin with gold hints, depending on how the light hit, stomped and huffed, then turned to TAAron. Oeryn, as his name was, had a saddle with several straps.

A silvery griffin with gold hints, depending on how the light hit, stomped and huffed, then turned to TAAron. Oeryn, as his name was, had a saddle with several straps.

"Hello. May I ride you?" he asked timidly.