Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Just do it, by all the chasms!

she squeezed her eyes shut and gave him a peck, then made some sort of squeak and poofed marshmallows everywhere.

TAAron felt like he was buzzing. He tried to say something, but all he could manage was a dumb, awkward smile.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron still felt a bit shocked. "Uh, sure. If... if you want to."

She grinned and kissed him again, longer. 

Then she realized exactly what had just happened and became very interested in the tile of the balcony. “…thanks. And… sorry, I think.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She grinned and kissed him again, longer. 

Then she realized exactly what had just happened and became very interested in the tile of the balcony. “…thanks. And… sorry, I think.”

TAAron was practically dizzied. "You are... very welcome. What do you have to be sorry about?"

TAAron was practically dizzied. "You are... very welcome. What do you have to be sorry about?"

“I don’t know.” She smiled shyly. “I’m glad you’re not dead.”

I had best go now. Farewell.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

12 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I don’t know.” She smiled shyly. “I’m glad you’re not dead.”

"Me too."

On a whim, TAAron lifted Haly's face up from the ground to his, and kissed her.

Romance was not my original intention for this character, but whatever. He is lost. At least I still have one who's chronically out of touch with his emotions.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I blame you for this :P

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"That's a relief. But I don't think we should go through the rip until we figure out how to get this to stop."

'Do you have any ideas?'

This time, as Tors spoke, Lerac's voice was faintly audible in the background.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

'Do you have any ideas?'

This time, as Tors spoke, Lerac's voice was faintly audible in the background.

"No, but I can sort of hear you now. Keep talking."

She opened her eyes and forced herself to look and see where Lerac could be.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"No, but I can sort of hear you now. Keep talking."

She opened her eyes and forced herself to look and see where Lerac could be.

"Um, I don't know. Hello? Hello?" His voice grew less muddled, and the form of the corpse began fuzzing around the edges.

21 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Um, I don't know. Hello? Hello?" His voice grew less muddled, and the form of the corpse began fuzzing around the edges.

"Hey! I think the illusion is fading!"

Edited by Ranryu

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Hey! I can kind of see you!"

Oh. The idea was that the corpse was disappearing but Lerac was still invisible. Let's just assume that and continue, I guess.

"Great!" The image of the corpse fully dissolved, and suddenly Lerac was standing beside Wynn, holding her arm, looking worried.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Great!" The image of the corpse fully dissolved, and suddenly Lerac was standing beside Wynn, holding her arm, looking worried.

She shook her head.

"Oof. That was weird. I would've expected Malum to gloat a little or something. But we should go now. If we don't hurry, he'll just get more powerful."

Edited by Ranryu

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

She shook her head.

"Oof. That was weird. I would've expected Malum to gloat a little or something. But we should go now. If we don't hurry, he'll just get more powerful."

"Go? You mean into the void again?"

"Yep." She patted Snuffle's head. "That's where the Stacis is, and it's the only inkling we have on how to beat Malum."

His grip on her arm tightened in apprehension. "It didn't seem to go too well for either of us last time. I felt like I was getting... pulled." He realized what he was doing and released her. "Whoops."

His grip on her arm tightened in apprehension. "It didn't seem to go too well for either of us last time. I felt like I was getting... pulled." He realized what he was doing and released her. "Whoops."

"Hopefully it will be better with both of us, Tors, and Snuffle. We don't really have another option right now."

She reached out and caught his hand.

"You in?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Hopefully it will be better with both of us, Tors, and Snuffle. We don't really have another option right now."

She reached out and caught his hand.

"You in?"

"Sure. Are we going to take the duel runner so we can all stick together?"

"Sure. How will we use it?" Lerac looked down at the rope, which was still tied around his waist.

"Tie it around your wrist." Wynn tied the other end to her arm. "It's made of astral flax, so it won't sever easily."

She climbed in the duel runner.

Not looking forward to this. But we have to...

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Tie it around your wrist." Wynn tied the other end to her arm. "It's made of astral flax, so it won't sever easily."

She climbed in the duel runner.

Not looking forward to this. But we have to...

He did so, then handed her the slack as he also climbed into the runner. "Here goes."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He did so, then handed her the slack as he also climbed into the runner. "Here goes."

They slowly inched into the invisible rip.

I'm thinking they both experience the things they did before, but they can see or sense each other on some level. That work?

They slowly inched into the invisible rip.

Sure. What was happening with Lerac is Malum has greater influence in interdimensional space, so he was making an attempt at taking him. The attempt failed, but he was able to impose a strong illusion. So weird stuff might happen with that. After enough time, the space itself would probably start adversely affecting Lerac as well.

"Alright... Let's try not to die. I can't say I have a very good track record with that, but I'll do my best."