Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Alright... Let's try not to die. I can't say I have a very good track record with that, but I'll do my best."

Wynn laughed.

"Death won't stop me. Don't worry, though. We'll keep you safe."

The Mound came into view. Wynn forced herself to ignore the little girls skipping along the path. Snuffle barked and pointed her head to the north. 

"The Stacis isn't too far. Not to close, either. It's hard to tell when we're beyond space like this."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn laughed.

"Death won't stop me. Don't worry, though. We'll keep you safe."

The Mound came into view. Wynn forced herself to ignore the little girls skipping along the path. Snuffle barked and pointed her head to the north. 

"The Stacis isn't too far. Not to close, either. It's hard to tell when we're beyond space like this."

"I don't see anything." Lerac's voice was muddled. "There's the pull again."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't see anything." Lerac's voice was muddled. "There's the pull again."

"I don't know if we'll be able to see it until we find it. Focus. I can't lose you again."

Snuffle began to bark more frequently as they drew closer to the Stacis.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"I don't know if we'll be able to see it until we find it. Focus. I can't lose you again."

Snuffle began to bark more frequently as they drew closer to the Stacis.

The pulling continued, and it was becoming more difficult to stay on the runner. "This is pretty bad."

Not only was he being pulled, but the void around him seemed to grow more intense. Suddenly, it exploded with burst of light and energy, forming a constant blinding and deafening chaos. He lost his grip on the runner and began getting pulled way with a lurch. The rope went taut.

Wynn experiences none of this except for the rope getting pulled and Lerac no longer being on the runner with her.

20 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The pulling continued, and it was becoming more difficult to stay on the runner. "This is pretty bad."

Not only was he being pulled, but the void around him seemed to grow more intense. Suddenly, it exploded with burst of light and energy, forming a constant blinding and deafening chaos. He lost his grip on the runner and began getting pulled way with a lurch. The rope went taut.

"Lerac!?" Wynn stopped the runner. She tried pulling on the rope, but it wouldn't give.

Wynn sank in the thick moss up to her ankles.

"Lerac?" She shouted again, starting to panic.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Lerac!?" Wynn stopped the runner. She tried pulling on the rope, but it wouldn't give.

Wynn sank in the thick moss up to her ankles.

"Lerac?" She shouted again, starting to panic.

There was a muffled, indecipherable yell.

Lerac struggled against the force, slowly pulling himself farther up the rope. He could tell that his strength would have already given out if not for the increased reserve of healing energy within him. The void still seemed to explode with color and sound.

He managed to reach the runner, grabbing onto the first solid thing he could find. As he shifted off the rope, it went slack again. Lerac hung in no particular direction off the side of the runner, unable to go further. "Wynn!" he called, voice clearer this time.

14 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

There was a muffled, indecipherable yell.

Lerac struggled against the force, slowly pulling himself farther up the rope. He could tell that his strength would have already given out if not for the increased reserve of healing energy within him. The void still seemed to explode with color and sound.

He managed to reach the runner, grabbing onto the first solid thing he could find. As he shifted off the rope, it went slack again. Lerac hung in no particular direction off the side of the runner, unable to go further. "Wynn!" he called, voice clearer this time.

"Hang on, I'll pull you up!"

15 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac clung on as he last of his health gave out. Immediately, his arms began to ache and his hands to burn. The explosions made it impossible to focus. Hang on indeed.

Shadows pulled Lerac back into the runner.

"What's happening?"

Tors, do you know?

Just now, Ranryu said:

Shadows pulled Lerac back into the runner.

"What's happening?"

Tors, do you know?

Almost certainly Malum.

"I don't know, I'm getting pulled off!" Lerac was still trying to hold on, but he was running out of strength. "Let's just get the Stacis and get out!"

Almost certainly Malum.

"I don't know, I'm getting pulled off!" Lerac was still trying to hold on, but he was running out of strength. "Let's just get the Stacis and get out!"

"I got you!" Wynn grabbed him. "We're really close. Like, meters away." The runner slowed significantly. "Just a few more minutes, and then we'll be outta here."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"I got you!" Wynn grabbed him. "We're really close. Like, meters away." The runner slowed significantly. "Just a few more minutes, and then we'll be outta here."

"Minutes? I can't---" Lerac began to slip again. "Uh oh."

18 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Me too."

On a whim, TAAron lifted Haly's face up from the ground to his, and kissed her.

[description of happy feelings, blah blah blah too lazy to do it but she's happy] She broke contact after a minute and smiled. "I'm glad I met you."

This legit took me ten minutes and it's still not right but hey oh well WHY IS THIS STUFF SO HARD TO WRITE

Im sure it won't be completely all encompassing :) 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

You most definitely should 

14 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Minutes? I can't---" Lerac began to slip again. "Uh oh."

"Snuffle, retrieve." The little dog leaped off to do as commanded.

Lol how did I miss the kissing scene?

Wynn grabbed Lerac's hand.

"I'm not letting Malum take you from me. Where you go, I go."

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

[description of happy feelings, blah blah blah too lazy to do it but she's happy] She broke contact after a minute and smiled. "I'm glad I met you."

He nodded, smiling back. His demeanor saddened slightly as he asked his next question. "So... how goes it with all the political stuff?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Snuffle, retrieve." The little dog leaped off to do as commanded.

Wynn grabbed Lerac's hand.

"I'm not letting Malum take you from me. Where you go, I go."

Lerac was about to respond when a wave of force tore him away. The rope went taught again.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He nodded, smiling back. His demeanor saddened slightly as he asked his next question. "So... how goes it with all the political stuff?"

Lerac was about to respond when a wave of force tore him away. The rope went taught again.

She beamed. "Great! Tiernan went along with it because he didn't like how Nolikar was dragging us along. And also, he's not a very high rank. Marrying somebody in the hierarchy will get him a better position in life. He's courting Sykel for now. How was your mission?"

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She beamed. "Great! Tiernan went along with it because he didn't like how Nolikar was dragging us along. And also, he's not a very high rank. Marrying somebody in the hierarchy will get him a better position in life. He's courting Sykel for now. How was your mission?"

His face lit up. "Great! That's great! And the mission went great, too. That thing you sent helped, actually."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

His face lit up. "Great! That's great! And the mission went great, too. That thing you sent helped, actually."

"Rylla helped?" She smiled. "That's amazing. So what was your mission anyway?"

I don't think she knows the particulars but If she does disregard the last part

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Shadows launched Wynn after him. The illusion of the Mound dissolved into fragmentary light and reflections.

I'm not letting you take him again, Malum.

This has a lot of metaphorical meaning to Wynn's character arc.

In the meanwhile, Snuffle found the objective. The mechanical puppy's brain when into overload. Wynn would be pleased. Wynn would give her treats for finding the shiny thing!

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Rylla helped?" She smiled. "That's amazing. So what was your mission anyway?"

"Ashli and I discovered that the Nolikans were using some sort of talisman to help with combat. I stole it, and gave it to her. Hopefully it can be used as an advantage against them now." He smiled back at her, looking satisfied. "So what do we do now?"

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Shadows launched Wynn after him. The illusion of the Mound dissolved into fragmentary light and reflections.

I'm not letting you take him again, Malum.

In the meanwhile, Snuffle found the objective. The mechanical puppy's brain when into overload. Wynn would be pleased. Wynn would give her treats for finding the shiny thing!

A glowing rectangle of light became visible, as did Lerac's silhouette against it. As she watched, he began to pass through it.

"Ashli and I discovered that the Nolikans were using some sort of talisman to help with combat. I stole it, and gave it to her. Hopefully it can be used as an advantage against them now." He smiled back at her, looking satisfied. "So what do we do now?"

A glowing rectangle of light became visible, as did Lerac's silhouette against it. As she watched, he began to pass through it.

"I guess we get in contact with Wynn and Lerac now."

"Where do you think she went? I hope she's okay...'

Oh yah. Oops.

"I don't know. But Mitis can check."

The blonde girl walked back onto the balcony. "Just waiting for my cue. You're TAAron?" She offered her hand to shake his. "Mitis Aurum. Nice to meet you."

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

"I don't know. But Mitis can check."

The blonde girl walked back onto the balcony. "Just waiting for my cue. You're TAAron?" She offered her hand to shake his. "Mitis Aurum. Nice to meet you."

He shook hers jovially. "Nice to meet you too! Who are you exactly?"

He shook hers jovially. "Nice to meet you too! Who are you exactly?"

"Nobody special. I'm from a calmer world. Small town called _____. Nice place. A traveling mage gave me a portion of his powers and trained me, so I can do, like... soul stuff. Get a general sense for a person, sometimes a location, depending on a few factors, access memories--with permission--and, of course, tell if someone is alive or dead."