Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Lerac!" Wynn was... so tired. She tried to force herself to keep going, but even immortals have their limits.

She sank to the ground, unable to push any further against her limits.

Lerac began dragging Wynn to the runner.

To Wynn, she was being pushed by the storm.

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac began dragging Wynn to the runner.

To Wynn, she was being pushed by the storm.

She didn't struggle, because she was only semi-conscious.

Time to sign off. Bye!

Just now, Ranryu said:

She didn't struggle, because she was only semi-conscious.

Eventually, he pulled her all of the way up and onto the duel runner. As he was pulling her up, the illusion hiding him shimmered and faded, allowing Wynn to see a very concerned Lerac looking down at her. "Wynn? Can you hear me?"

Bye.

3 hours ago, Ranryu said:

"Lerac?" Her voice was sucked away by the gale. Even though she was called the bringer of storms, she had no power here. Almost no power at all, actually. It had taken all that she had to make that run. She what what, two, three weeks of memories left? It was enough for her to know how important her mission was. And Lerac. I need to find Lerac.

Who are you? Wynn recoiled at the intrusion, still searching the snow while talking. Not many can enter my mind like this. Not many have tried. Are you working with Malum?

The voice tried again a while later. My concentration broke earlier. Sorry. My name's Mitis--I'm with Haly and TAAron. They're done in Basilica, so they figured they should get the group together. And no, I'm not working with... whoever you said before. 

16 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Eventually, he pulled her all of the way up and onto the duel runner. As he was pulling her up, the illusion hiding him shimmered and faded, allowing Wynn to see a very concerned Lerac looking down at her. "Wynn? Can you hear me?"

She looked very confused. "Lerac? What...?"

15 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

The voice tried again a while later. My concentration broke earlier. Sorry. My name's Mitis--I'm with Haly and TAAron. They're done in Basilica, so they figured they should get the group together. And no, I'm not working with... whoever you said before. 

Malum? But at least Haly and TAAron are safe. What's Basilica?

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh, good, you can see me. Come on, we should get out of here before you freeze to death."

Now that he mentioned it, Wynn was kind of cold. And tired. She just wanted to lay down and go to sleep. Not yet.

"Haly and TAAron want us to meet up with them. Problem is, I have no idea where they are."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Now that he mentioned it, Wynn was kind of cold. And tired. She just wanted to lay down and go to sleep. Not yet.

"Haly and TAAron want us to meet up with them. Problem is, I have no idea where they are."

"Oh. How do you know this?" He finished hoisting her up onto the runner. "And are you going to be able to get us into interdimensional space, get the Stacis, and get out? Because it seems like the Void is more dangerous than we thought."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh. How do you know this?" He finished hoisting her up onto the runner. "And are you going to be able to get us into interdimensional space, get the Stacis, and get out? Because it seems like the Void is more dangerous than we thought."

Wynn rubbed her temples tiredly.

"Snuffle already has it. If we make a quick run to grab her, it should be fine."

How much Stacis?

10 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn rubbed her temples tiredly.

"Snuffle already has it. If we make a quick run to grab her, it should be fine."

I'd say a pretty large chunk, maybe about a cubic meter or a little less.

"Let's go, then."

@Ranryu

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

"Let's go, then."

Wynn started the runner, then stopped.

"I think you need to drive. I'm this close to passing out."

Meanwhile... in the Void, Snuffle was having a hard time retrieving the Stacis. It was too big for her mouth to fit around. All she could do was sit on it and wait for Wynn to come back.

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn started the runner, then stopped.

"I think you need to drive. I'm this close to passing out."

Meanwhile... in the Void, Snuffle was having a hard time retrieving the Stacis. It was too big for her mouth to fit around. All she could do was sit on it and wait for Wynn to come back.

"I don't know how to drive it, but maybe I can help with that." He turned her around to him, and placed a hand on he forehead. The warm healing sensation again flooded her, eliminating the cold of the storm around them.

I don't know how much of this would be physically healable, but it will at least help with the consequences of the cold, like hypothermia or whatnot.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know how to drive it, but maybe I can help with that." He turned her around to him, and placed a hand on he forehead. The warm healing sensation again flooded her, eliminating the cold of the storm around them.

She took a breath. The tiredness didn't recede, but she felt less like she was about to die.

"Okay, I'll drive. But if something happens to me, press this button to stop the runner." She indicated a red button on the dashboard.

And then they were off, back into the void.

Just now, Ranryu said:

She took a breath. The tiredness didn't recede, but she felt less like she was about to die.

"Okay, I'll drive. But if something happens to me, press this button to stop the runner." She indicated a red button on the dashboard.

And then they were off, back into the void.

Lerac immediately began to feel the tug, subtle at first, but slowly increasing. "It's happening again!" he called through the void between them. "Remember, as fast as you can!"

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac immediately began to feel the tug, subtle at first, but slowly increasing. "It's happening again!" he called through the void between them. "Remember, as fast as you can!"

Wynn reached out and grabbed Snuffle as they raced past. The little dog's grip on the huge chunk of Stacis did not waver, and it was dragged along with the runner.

6 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn reached out and grabbed Snuffle as they raced past. The little dog's grip on the huge chunk of Stacis did not waver, and it was dragged along with the runner.

"Where are we going? Do you think---?" Lerac's voice suddenly cut off.

To him, the world had just exploded again, and he again felt himself losing his grip on the runner. We had better be out quick.

"Where are we going? Do you think---?" Lerac's voice suddenly cut off.

To him, the world had just exploded again, and he again felt himself losing his grip on the runner. We had better be out quick.

Wynn grabbed him with one hand, steering them to the exit with the other. They zipped out and into a strange landscape.

Should they have good luck and land in Haly's world, or bad luck and end up on Cloral, the ocean planet?

They landed on a huge barge, with raised garden beds all around them. The duel runner slowed, but not enough. Wynn pushed Lerac off and followed behind him, crying out as her duel runner sped into the ocean.

"No! Now it's going to be rusty!"

The chunk of Stacis slid into a bed of lettuce, causing dirt to spill everywhere.

BRB. It turns out we accidentally left our three year old in the car screaming for an hour, so I gotta go deal with that.

Edited by Ranryu

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

They landed on a huge barge, with raised garden beds all around them. The duel runner slowed, but not enough. Wynn pushed Lerac off and followed behind him, crying out as her duel runner sped into the ocean.

"No! Now it's going to be rusty!"

The chunk of Stacis slid into a bed of lettuce, causing dirt to spill everywhere.

"Yikes. How are we going to retrieve it?" He looked around. "And where are we?"

Oh what. That's... interesting.

Spoiler

How?

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Her kingdom. Oh, well, I mean, for another three hours. So you're okay then? Where are you? Do you have transportation?

Suddenly TAAron jolted. He looked at Haly, except he wasn't. He was looking further down, and almost past her. "Haly? What..."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Suddenly TAAron jolted. He looked at Haly, except he wasn't. He was looking further down, and almost past her. "Haly? What..."

She looked at him, confused. Mitis, over by the railing, clenched the pyramid closer in her fist and her eyes more tightly shut to maintain her concentration.

"TAAron," Haly asked, "What is it?"

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She looked at him, confused. Mitis, over by the railing, clenched the pyramid closer in her fist and her eyes more tightly shut to maintain her concentration.

"TAAron," Haly asked, "What is it?"

"Haly? Haly!" He went down to his knees, making a motion as though he were shaking a body on the ground. He did not seem to hear her.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Haly? Haly!" He went down to his knees, making a motion as though he were shaking a body on the ground. He did not seem to hear her.

What in the... he can't see me.

Haly glanced uncertainly over at Mitis, but walked over t TAAron and knelt down. She attempted to feel whatever he was shaking, but her hand went right through normal air. 

She Found a rose and set it down before him, wondering if he'd see that.