Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

What in the... he can't see me.

Haly glanced uncertainly over at Mitis, but walked over t TAAron and knelt down. She attempted to feel whatever he was shaking, but her hand went right through normal air. 

She Found a rose and set it down before him, wondering if he'd see that.

"No, this can't be happening. It can't..." His voice choked. "Haly? Can you hear me?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No, this can't be happening. It can't..." His voice choked. "Haly? Can you hear me?"

She laid a hand on his shoulder. "Of course I can hear you. You just... can't hear me." She looked up. "Mitis? Mitis?"

Would Mitis see an illusion or no?

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"My fault. I did this."

Mitis hissed at Haly through her teeth and opened her eyes. "Will you be quiet? I'm trying to talk to the Celtic immortal here? And you! What are you blubbering about?"

"Um, he can't see me. Or hear me."

Mitis was confused.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Mitis hissed at Haly through her teeth and opened her eyes. "Will you be quiet? I'm trying to talk to the Celtic immortal here? And you! What are you blubbering about?"

"Um, he can't see me. Or hear me."

Mitis was confused.

"She's dead. I should die, too." TAAron stood up, looking dazed and grief-stricken. He walked to the edge of the balcony.

"She's dead. I should die, too." TAAron stood up, looking dazed and grief-stricken. He walked to the edge of the balcony.

Haly yelled and ran over in an attempt to restrain him.

Mitis sighed. "Don't be so hasty. She's literally right behind you. But she says you can't see or hear her. If you jump off that balcony, I'll bet she'd follow you. And then you'd both be dead."

Haly yelled and ran over in an attempt to restrain him.

Mitis sighed. "Don't be so hasty. She's literally right behind you. But she says you can't see or hear her. If you jump off that balcony, my bet would be she'd follow you. And then you'd both be dead."

He did not appear to hear her, either. He simply stared over the edge of the balcony, leaning in.

He did not appear to hear her, either. He simply stared over the edge of the balcony, leaning in.

Mitis huffed, walked over, and shoved him back. "Remember me? Soul magic girl? I can tell you if she's actually dead, if you care to listen!"

Mitis huffed, walked over, and shoved him back. "Remember me? Soul magic girl? I can tell you if she's actually dead, if you care to listen!"

He stumbled, and looked confused, but still showed no sign of hearing her. He ran to the edge, only stopping a moment before going over. His face was a mask of grief and pain, and tears ran down with no obstruction.

Assuming there is a railing, he has now stepped over.

Basically, Malum is attacking him psychologically from every angle right now.

36 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yikes. How are we going to retrieve it?" He looked around. "And where are we?"

Wynn took a few breaths.  "I can always summon it back. But it'll get rusty." She examined their surroundings for a second. "Cloral, it looks like. We're on a farm ship. The locals won't be too happy that we trashed their crops."

Went on a road trip to the temple. He didn't want to leave, so my parental unit left him. And we all forgot... He's probably fine.

32 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Her kingdom. Oh, well, I mean, for another three hours. So you're okay then? Where are you? Do you have transportation?

We're surviving. Do you have coordinates? We have a possible way to beat Malum, but I can't come to you without coordinates or a signal of some kind.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn took a few breaths.  "I can always summon it back. But it'll get rusty." She examined their surroundings for a second. "Cloral, it looks like. We're on a farm ship. The locals won't be too happy that we trashed their crops."

We're surviving. Do you have coordinates? We have a possible way to beat Malum, but I can't come to you without coordinates or a signal of some kind.

"So... what can we do here? Or are we just waiting to get away and find Haly and TAAron?"

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He stumbled, and looked confused, but still showed no sign of hearing her. He ran to the edge, only stopping a moment before going over. His face was a mask of grief and pain, and tears ran down with no obstruction.

Haly followed him, grabbed him, and Found a very large marshmallow, which they promptly sunk into. "TAAron!" She screamed. "TAAron, you have to wake up!"

I'm assuming Malum's not getting to TAAron using his soul. Don't end the illusion yet--I have a possibility that's imma put in the chat.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Coordinates? Well, no, but I might be able to send a location signal. Grant me complete permission to feel your location, and that would make it easier, but if your eyes uneasy about that, you don't have to. It'll just be more tiring... wait. 'We'?

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly followed him, grabbed him, and Found a very large marshmallow, which they promptly sunk into. "TAAron!" She screamed. "TAAron, you have to wake up!"

Coordinates? Well, no, but I might be able to send a location signal. Grant me complete permission to feel your location, and that would make it easier, but if your eyes uneasy about that, you don't have to. It'll just be more tiring... wait. 'We'?

He pulled away in an instant. "Let me go! I need to go."

Would she have a rescuing method if he did jump off?

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"So... what can we do here? Or are we just waiting to get away and find Haly and TAAron?"

"We can secure the Stacis." Wynn re-summoned her runner, annoyed at what the saltwater had already done to the paint. "I'm speaking with Haly's communicator right now, and she says she can give us a signal to find them." Wynn turned on her duel disk. "And I have my cards back. Not as good as Shadow Magic, but they'll be helpful."

She slipped a card in, and the Stacis dissapeared. "It's in its own space-time pocket now. We don't have to lug it around anymore."

Yeah, Lerac and I. Oh. Haly and TAAron don't know that Lerac's alive. I kind of made a deal with Death... beating Malum has never become so important. He's also immortal for an unrelated reason. Sure, you have my permission. Just be ready to jump out of the way if I misjudge the angle of entry.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He pulled away in an instant. "Let me go! I need to go."

Scratch the marshmallow. I thought he already did.

"Stop it! Listen, it's me!"

Mitis had returned to her communicating.

GAHHH NINJAD

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"We can secure the Stacis." Wynn re-summoned her runner, annoyed at what the saltwater had already done to the paint. "I'm speaking with Haly's communicator right now, and she says she can give us a signal to find them." Wynn turned on her duel disk. "And I have my cards back. Not as good as Shadow Magic, but they'll be helpful."

She slipped a card in, and the Stacis dissapeared. "It's in its own space-time pocket now. We don't have to lug it around anymore."

Yeah, Lerac and I. Oh. Haly and TAAron don't know that Lerac's alive. I kind of made a deal with Death... beating Malum has never become so important. He's also immortal for an unrelated reason. Sure, you have my permission. Just be ready to jump out of the way if I misjudge the angle of entry.

"Okay. Ready to go?"

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Stop it! Listen, it's me!"

Mitis had returned to her communicating.

Suddenly, his eyes locked on to her again. He relaxed for a moment.

Then, an invisible force threw him off the edge.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Okay. Ready to go?"

"Just waiting for the signal." Wynn looked around. "It's kind of weird that nobody's here. Usually the farmers are busy tending their planet's only food source."

ZOMBIES!!?

Edited by Ranryu

7 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Gotcha. There was nothing more for a moment, then a strong sense of place. Wynn could sense the speaker's existence, and the area around her, though it was hard to tell what that was. The signal, strong as it was, slowly dwindled, but would not be gone for at least five minutes.

Sorry it's  all green. Tech difficulties.

"Okay. Ready to go?"

Suddenly, his eyes locked on to her again. He relaxed for a moment.

Then, an invisible force threw him off the edge.

Her own eyes widened, and she jumped off, then Found the largest marshmallow she'd ever found beneath them. She closed her eyes as they sunk in... deeper and deeper, until the marshmallow closed up around them.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Just waiting for the signal." Wynn looked around. "It's kind of weird that nobody's here. Usually the farmers are busy tending their planet's only food source."

:ph34r::ph34r:

"I don't think we have time to worry about that right now." He climbed onto the runner. "Ready when you are."

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Gotcha. There was nothing more for a moment, then a strong sense of place. Wynn could sense the speaker's existence, and the area around her, though it was hard to tell what that was. The signal, strong as it was, slowly dwindled, but would not be gone for at least five minutes.

Her own eyes widened, and she jumped off, then Found the largest marshmallow she'd ever found beneath them. She closed her eyes as they sunk in... deeper and deeper, until the marshmallow closed up around them.

I was going to do stuff with steelpushing because the marshmallow impact probably would still kill them both. Maybe Haly can go windchimes while TAAron tries to save himself?

Here we come.

"I don't think we have time to worry about that right now." He climbed onto the runner. "Ready when you are."

"Okay, have the signal. Let's get out of here."

The duel runner zipped off the boat, skimming the water before breaching dimensions.

Behind them, the zombie farmers emerged from hiding and went back to work.

6 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly was wind chimes instead.

Frantically, realizing his mistake, his shot several coins down into the ground and began Pushing. Somehow, he couldn't seem to make a difference in his falling speed, as though some external force was pushing him down. Desperately, he burned Duralumin, and the downward force broke. He was sent high into the sky, far above the balcony. And now, he didn't have any more steel.

I hope Haly's got something in mind...

Oh, perfect moment for a lucky rescue via duel runner!

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Here we come.

The duel runner zipped off the boat, skimming the water before breaching dimensions.

TAAron saw them emerge beneath him, but he didn't have time to think about it. He just kept falling, trying to come up with a way to stop himself before hitting the ground.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ranryu said:

Here we come.

Mitis maintained the connection until they were through, then opened her eyes and took a deep breath. "That was exhausting." She placed a four-sided pyramid (four total) that looked like smoke into a small purple hinge box. "Glad you're here. I'm Mitis. Haly will be..." she looked around. "Haly?"

Frantically, realizing his mistake, his shot several coins down into the ground and began Pushing. Somehow, he couldn't seem to make a difference in his falling speed, as though some external force was pushing him down. Desperately, he burned Duralumin, and the downward force broke. He was sent high into the sky, far above the balcony. And now, he didn't have any more steel.

TAAron saw them emerge beneath him, but he didn't have time to think about it. He just kept falling, trying to come up with a way to stop himself before hitting the ground.

Haly flew down next to him, thinking furiously. No way could her birds support his weight... oh well, they tried to grab hi anyway. His fall didn't not slow by much.

Mitis maintained the connection until they were through, then opened her eyes and took a deep breath. "That was exhausting." She placed a four-sided pyramid (four total) that looked like smoke into a small purple hinge box. "Glad you're here. I'm Mitis. Haly will be..." she looked around. "Haly?"

Haly flew down next to him, thinking furiously. No way could her birds support his weight... oh well, they tried to grab hi anyway. His fall didn't not slow by much.

The duel runner zipped right past Mitis, zooming off the balcony and plowing over the railing, shooting out into the air. The first thing Wynn saw was TAAron, falling from a great height for some reason. Wynn renegotiated the runner's momentum, and they smacked into TAAron at an angle. Hard, but not hard enough to kill.

6 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

TAAron continues down, unable to think of a way to slow his fall. He prepared his duralumin and pewter. Even so, he knew he might just die on impact regardless of the increased strength. He couldn't be sure, but it seemed like his best chance.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

The duel runner zipped right past Mitis, zooming off the balcony and plowing over the railing, shooting out into the air. The first thing Wynn saw was TAAron, falling from a great height for some reason. Wynn renegotiated the runner's momentum, and they smacked into TAAron at an angle. Hard, but not hard enough to kill.

He gasped as they ran into his, burning his pewter to keep from passing out. "What the..."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist