Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

10 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“If you die,” she hissed to him, fire in her eyes, “the rest of us will follow. One by one. Me, Lerac, Wynn, even Mitis. And then? Our families. Cjehu, Sykel, Jaera, Tiernan, Tors, Lerac’s family. If you die, he gets what he wants. If you die, TAAron, Malum wins. Don’t let that happen. Don’t let him win, because if he wins now, he will just keep winning. Until there’s nothing left but him.” She paused. “Don’t let me down like that.”

"We'll all die anyway." TAAron's eyes locked on her. "And right now it feels like the benefit of my death outweighs the things I have to live for."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"We'll all die anyway." TAAron's eyes locked on her. "And right now it feels like the benefit of my death outweighs the thigs I have to live for."

That hit her like a train.

”Oh,” she said softly.

I knew it was too good to be true. He’s too good for me. It was never going to work.

”Okay then.”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

That hit her like a train.

”Oh,” she said softly.

I knew it was too good to be true. He’s too good for me. It was never going to work.

”Okay then.”

"After all, all I do is cause damage and pain. And no one really loves me."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"After all, all I do is cause damage and pain. And no one really loves me."

She nodded, but she hadn’t processed the words. All she knew was that he was going to die not caring about her. 

It’s fine. It’s fine. There’s nothing wrong, it’s fine, I’m fine.

Tears welled up in her eyes. “Bye,” she choked. “If that’s how you feel.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She nodded, but she hadn’t processed the words. All she knew was that he was going to die not caring about her. 

It’s fine. It’s fine. There’s nothing wrong, it’s fine, I’m fine.

Tears welled up in her eyes. “Bye,” she choked. “If that’s how you feel.”

Is she going to think about what he said?

"It's not about what I feel. But I know..." His voice was strained. "That you..." He couldn't bring himself to finish.

"I've got another minute or two," Lerac said resignedly.

"It's not about what I feel. But I know..." His voice was strained. "That you..." He couldn't bring himself to finish.

"I've got another minute or two," Lerac said resignedly.

Haven’t decided. We’ll see where this post goes.

“I love you,” she choked. “You made my life so much better, so thanks for that. I thought… I was foolish. I thought you loved me too.” She took a shuddering breath. “Thanks. For… pretending.” Two tears escaped her eyes and ran down her cheeks. 

Nope, guess she just missed it. 

Anyway, night!

13 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I love you,” she choked. “You made my life so much better, so thanks for that. I thought… I was foolish. I thought you loved me too.” She took a shuddering breath. “Thanks. For… pretending.” Two tears escaped her eyes and ran down her cheeks. 

"Pretending what? I never pretended." TAAron looked very confused. Then realization came to his eyes. "Oh. You thought... No, Haly, you're wrong."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

20 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Pretending what? I never pretended." TAAron looked very confused. Then realization came to his eyes. "Oh. You thought... No, Haly, you're wrong."

She shook her head hard. “No, it’s okay.” She got a hold of herself, then said in a low voice, “but I dare you to live.”

Can’t really be on tonight. Sorry and bye!

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She shook her head hard. “No, it’s okay.” She got a hold of herself, then said in a low voice, “but I dare you to live.”

"I'm not lying! I really do love you. I just though that you were the one who was... pretending."

Wynn swirled her finger in the air, watching as Shadow materialized around it. It no longer felt like she was fighting to keep the Shadows under control. They were a part of her now, and she was a part of them. Blue and black glyphs were now emblazoned on her arms, a sign of her deal with the goddess. She mused, absently twirling the Shadow. She still had miles to go to get out of the labyrinth. Suddenly, an idea came to her.

"Hmm... I wonder..."

Wynn reached out through the Shadow, through the Shadow Realm and into another dimension. Yes! A pathway. This will do nicely.

She sighed and let the Shadow carry her where she wanted to go.

She can arrive whenever everyone is online.

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn swirled her finger in the air, watching as Shadow materialized around it. It no longer felt like she was fighting to keep the Shadows under control. They were a part of her now, and she was a part of them. Blue and black glyphs were now emblazoned on her arms, a sign of her deal with the goddess. She mused, absently twirling the Shadow. She still had miles to go to get out of the labyrinth. Suddenly, an idea came to her.

"Hmm... I wonder..."

Wynn reached out through the Shadow, through the Shadow Realm and into another dimension. Yes! A pathway. This will do nicely.

She sighed and let the Shadow carry her where she wanted to go.

See above, it unfortunately seems that Halcy will not be online today. Will you be available tomorrow?

I dunno about Halcy, but I have music ensembles after school Wednesday and Thursday, and late-night things on Monday and Wednesday. The weekends and Tuesdays are when I have the most time.

If you feel that way, then find something to do. Recreational insulting of thick-skinned peers, for example, can be quite fulfilling. ;) Plus, I doubt this RP would still be going without you.

Just now, Ranryu said:

I hope to find something to do soon, but my life has kind of been a mess lately, so it was hard to get myself to commit. I was even in my school's book club, but I dropped out because stuff was going haywire and I didn't finish the book on time.

I don't like insulting people who aren't my close friends, anyway.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That sucks. If you ever need a listening ear, my PM's are open.

Yeeaaaahh... that's probably a bad habit I should try to get rid of. I'm usually that quiet kid who never talks, but once I get to know someone...

On 1/10/2023 at 5:58 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm not lying! I really do love you. I just though that you were the one who was... pretending."

“Then please… live.”

23 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That’s good. Feels like life is rough sailing, rough seas, then smooth both, then right back in it with no end in sight. 

Good luck! Many well wishes.

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Why would I lie?” She choked. “Yes, I swear.”

He nodded.

"Okay, great!" Lerac interjected. "I've got like a minute left here, so can you please push out the knife with your magic stuff?"

"I can't while it's in my body."

"Okay, we'll need to pull it out enough first. Haly, Mitis?"

He nodded.

"Okay, great!" Lerac interjected. "I've got like a minute left here, so can you please push out the knife with your magic stuff?"

"I can't while it's in my body."

"Okay, we'll need to pull it out enough first. Haly, Mitis?"

Mitis put up her palms. “I haven’t got any magic for that. I don’t do combat.”

Haly wiped tears from her eyes and shrugged. “I could become something big to try to get it out, but I don’t have magic for it either.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Mitis put up her palms. “I haven’t got any magic for that. I don’t do combat.”

Haly wiped tears from her eyes and shrugged. “I could become something big to try to get it out, but I don’t have magic for it either.”

"We should only need to pull it far enough that it's outside of his body, and he can push it the rest of the way. The force holding it in isn't infinitely strong."