Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn took a breath, noticing that TAAron wasn't in his right mind. Blue symbols flashed on her arms, but she quickly pulled a hoodie on to cover them.

"One thing to live for is not enough." She said in a quiet voice. "You must live for life, or you aren't living at all."

She nodded her head in understanding.

"We need to speed up the time table. Beat Malum ASAP, so we can deal with all these other things."

How did that come about?

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“It’s okay.” She squeezed his shoulder for a moment. “I forgive you.” 

"You probably shouldn't. But thanks anyway."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn took a breath, noticing that TAAron wasn't in his right mind. Blue symbols flashed on her arms, but she quickly pulled a hoodie on to cover them.

"One thing to live for is not enough." She said in a quiet voice. "You must live for life, or you aren't living at all."

She nodded her head in understanding.

"We need to speed up the time table. Beat Malum ASAP, so we can deal with all these other things."

"So I should just... end it? If this is not enough?"

Lerac shot Wynn a warning glance. Careful where you step. He's fragile.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You probably shouldn't. But thanks anyway."

“No,” Haly insisted. “Don’t do that.”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

:ph34r::ph34r: She made a good deal. Or a terrible deal.

"End? So funny, how mortals view death as an 'end'. If you killed yourself, you would spend an afterlife trying to figure out what you died for. Just hold on a little longer. We need you."

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“No,” Haly insisted. “Don’t do that.”

"End? So funny, how mortals view death as an 'end'. If you killed yourself, you would spend an afterlife trying to figure out what you died for. Just hold on a little longer. We need you."

"Funny... No. It would be the end for me. I would never see any of you again. I would be lost. If there's no one to see me as I disappear, then I can't know if I'm being erased... or just going to sleep." His voice took on a funny quality during the last sentence. Removed, distracted.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Funny... No. It would be the end for me. I would never see any of you again. I would be lost. If there's no one to see me as I disappear, then I can't know if I'm being erased... or just going to sleep." His voice took on a funny quality during the last sentence. Removed, distracted.

“What’s going on? What are you thinking?” Haly asked thoughtfully.

Wynn's iris dripped black with Shadow.

"Do not hasten your death. It will come soon enough on its own."

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“What’s going on? What are you thinking?” Haly asked thoughtfully.

"...Nothing."

Wynn's iris dripped black with Shadow.

"Do not hasten your death. It will come soon enough on its own."

Lerac raised his eyebrows. "You're acting a little strange, Wynn."

"...Nothing."

Lerac raised his eyebrows. "You're acting a little strange, Wynn."

She sighed. "As I should be. We're this close to doing it. Not a time to be childish." Her hand went to her arm, which felt conspicuously duel disk free.

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“It’s something,” she pressed. “Tell me.”

"Not really. Just a story I read." He looked at her, suddenly seeming desperate. "Please don't leave me. I'm scared of what I might do if I'm left alone."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Malum. Ending him. I've seen the future, Lerac. It's not pretty. Not for a long time coming. The suspense is killing me, you know?"

"Since when could you see the future? Can the, uh, 'not prettiness' be avoided?"

"Not really. Just a story I read." He looked at her, suddenly seeming desperate. "Please don't leave me. I'm scared of what I might do if I'm left alone."

She nodded, feeling suddenly both afraid for him and fiercely protective. “I won’t. I swear, not if you don’t want me to. What story?”

"Since when could you see the future? Can the, uh, 'not prettiness' be avoided?"

"I can't see it. It was shown to me. And the only way is to get through it. How long it takes depends on us..."

She looked resigned. "Lerac, I want you to have this." Wynn handed him the glaive. "Take good care of it. It might not be as magical as Tors, but it is special."

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She nodded, feeling suddenly both afraid for him and fiercely protective. “I won’t. I swear, not if you don’t want me to. What story?”

"It's called 'You, Disappearing.' Like I said, it's not really important."

Real short story, by the way. Interesting read.

"I can't see it. It was shown to me. And the only way is to get through it. How long it takes depends on us..."

She looked resigned. "Lerac, I want you to have this." Wynn handed him the glaive. "Take good care of it. It might not be as magical as Tors, but it is special."

"Er... okay. What did you see in the future?"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It's called 'You, Disappearing.' Like I said, it's not really important."

She nodded and thought. “I’m going to have to read that now.”

Is it online (free) anywhere? Cuz I don’t have ready access to a library. And I’m broke.

Lerac nodded, looking apprehensive. "So, what happened while you were gone?"

She struggled, trying to find words she was able to say.

"I... found new power." Shadows dripped as her hand seemed to melt into inky blackness, reforming itself in a second. "I won't be needing energy baths anymore, I guess."

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She nodded and thought. “I’m going to have to read that now.”

"If you want to." He began to shake again suddenly, out of the blue.

She struggled, trying to find words she was able to say.

"I... found new power." Shadows dripped as her hand seemed to melt into inky blackness, reforming itself in a second. "I won't be needing energy baths anymore, I guess."

"You won't? Interesting. Is this new power what makes you act strange?" Lerac hesitated. "Does this affect... us?"

"You won't? Interesting. Is this new power what makes you act strange?" Lerac hesitated. "Does this affect... us?"

Wynn's face softened. "No, of course not. I changed my behavior because of the situation, not the power." I hope. "Skills and abilities change quickly. My feelings do not."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn's face softened. "No, of course not. I changed my behavior because of the situation, not the power." I hope. "Skills and abilities change quickly. My feelings do not."

"Okay." Lerac didn't look particularly affected by this, just a bit perplexed. "So what's the plan, exactly?"