Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh. Okay." He paused. "Um... how are you feeling?"

"Feeling? That's hard to say. Imagine if the essence of Shadow and the spirits of a thousand monsters were coursing through your veins- your soul. I don't really want that kind of introspection right now. Not sure I'll like what I find."

Edited by Ranryu

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh. Okay." He paused. "Um... how are you feeling?"

"That's no good way to look at it. You tried doing a kind thing. It's not your fault that it... didn't always go well. You know, you never told me much about that."

She looked away. "The first time I tried was to save Joel," she said softly. "His sister went to a not great headspace after he died, and I wanted to... make things easier. I told her how to protect him, and she did, but he died the next day. She... she turned on me. Called me a bringer of woes... she was right. I should never have thought... I should have learned my lesson that day. But then it was Naya who needed saving, and I came so close... I never learned. So eventually I went back to the agency. They wiped my involvement I need the books, and I went to the clinic."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Feeling? That's hard to say. Imagine if the essence of Shadow and the spirits of a thousand monsters were coursing through your veins- your soul. I don't really want that kind of introspection right now. Not sure I'll like what I find."

"Interesting. Could that be dangerous? Or have some sort of effect?"

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She looked away. "The first time I tried was to save Joel," she said softly. "His sister went to a not great headspace after he died, and I wanted to... make things easier. I told her how to protect him, and she did, but he died the next day. She... she turned on me. Called me a bringer of woes... she was right. I should never have thought... I should have learned my lesson that day. But then it was Naya who needed saving, and I came so close... I never learned. So eventually I went back to the agency. They wiped my involvement I need the books, and I went to the clinic."

"I'm so sorry, Haly. But... it wasn't your fault, okay? You were only trying to help."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm so sorry, Haly. But... it wasn't your fault, okay? You were only trying to help."

"I guess I learned something, though. Trying never helps." Her eyes unfocused as she gazed over a sea of memories.

That's all for tonight, folks!

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

"I guess I learned something, though. Trying never helps." Her eyes unfocused as she gazed over a sea of memories.

"Sure it does. It helped me. I would be dead at least four times by now if you had stopped trying to help people."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

She chuckled. "Of course it's dangerous. That's how... these things go. It might take me a while to get used to this, or maybe I never will. But I'm still myself, at the core. A few Shadows won't change that."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

She chuckled. "Of course it's dangerous. That's how... these things go. It might take me a while to get used to this, or maybe I never will. But I'm still myself, at the core. A few Shadows won't change that."

Lerac frowned. "Can you get rid of it if it starts being a problem?"

Lerac frowned. "Can you get rid of it if it starts being a problem?"

"Nope. This isn't up to me. Another thing that you might find useful. Don't be afraid to make deals with beings more powerful than yourself. Almost anything they can do to you can be undone. If it's truly permanent, make sure it's for a good cause."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Nope. This isn't up to me. Another thing that you might find useful. Don't be afraid to make deals with beings more powerful than yourself. Almost anything they can do to you can be undone. If it's truly permanent, make sure it's for a good cause."

He shook his head. "I don't like whatever this is."

"I don't know. It feels wrong, somehow. Maybe I'm overreacting."

Wynn sighed.

"I'm not gonna lie, I had second thoughts too. It's not like I sold my soul to an evil god, though. I trust..." She couldn't finish the sentence, so she tried again. "I know what I signed up for, and it's not that bad. Something like this was bound to happen eventually. I think I made the right choice."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn sighed.

"I'm not gonna lie, I had second thoughts too. It's not like I sold my soul to an evil god, though. I trust..." She couldn't finish the sentence, so she tried again. "I know what I signed up for, and it's not that bad. Something like this was bound to happen eventually. I think I made the right choice."

"You said it doesn't change you at a core level. But what does it change?"

"You said it doesn't change you at a core level. But what does it change?"

"Not much, for now. Having access to this much power is dizzying, but I'll live. As for down the road, I can't say... but it'll be fine."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Not much, for now. Having access to this much power is dizzying, but I'll live. As for down the road, I can't say... but it'll be fine."

"No, it won't. How am I supposed to spend my immortal life with you if you're constantly battling this weird power?"

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No, it won't. How am I supposed to spend my immortal life with you if you're constantly battling this weird power?"

She smiled at him, a hint of sadness in her expression.

"Nothing is forever. I promise, the battle will be over long before you get a full taste of immortality. I will not let it put us in jeopardy."

Just now, Ranryu said:

She smiled at him, a hint of sadness in her expression.

"Nothing is forever. I promise, the battle will be over long before you get a full taste of immortality. I will not let it put us in jeopardy."

"Good. You know, I think you're the only person I've actually wanted to spend time with. Good thing we have a lot of it."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Good. You know, I think you're the only person I've actually wanted to spend time with. Good thing we have a lot of it."

"A lot, yes. But in hindsight, time flies so quickly. Let's not waste any of it."

That's it for tonight. Cursed time zone differences. Bye!

"I don't know. You're the one who said we shouldn't waste time."

"We're not wasting time. Saving the universe from Malum is worth a few hours waiting. But we don't just have to sit here and do nothing. Tell me, is everyone in your dimension as terrible as the ones who welcomed us?"

7 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"We're not wasting time. Saving the universe from Malum is worth a few hours waiting. But we don't just have to sit here and do nothing. Tell me, is everyone in your dimension as terrible as the ones who welcomed us?"

"No, most of them aren't. They're a pretty normal people, if not a little tense."