Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No, most of them aren't. They're a pretty normal people, if not a little tense."

She shook her head. "I just find it strange and a seemingly civilized people would attack us like that."

Gotta go. Should be back in an hour or so.

Just now, Ranryu said:

“It still seems like an overreaction to me. Or maybe I just don’t understand mortals very well.”

Lerac shrugged. "They're suspicious of newcomers, and I'm practically an enemy of the state. Once I lashed out at my father, they took it as reason enough for my arrest."

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac shrugged. "They're suspicious of newcomers, and I'm practically an enemy of the state. Once I lashed out at my father, they took it as reason enough for my arrest."

"Ah." She chuckled. "I can empathize with that. Some people..."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He sat still for a moment. "Do you think we'll ever get... tired of each other? After such a long time?"

"Well, that depends entirely on you. An important part of immortality is knowing how to keep things fresh- find new things. And to know how to spend time apart. We might be together, but we don't have to be right next to each other all the time."

6 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Well, that depends entirely on you. An important part of immortality is knowing how to keep things fresh- find new things. And to know how to spend time apart. We might be together, but we don't have to be right next to each other all the time."

"Okay." He grew a small yellow flower, picked it, and handed it to her. "Here."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

She accepted it carefully. "What's this one called?"

"It's my flower. Everyone from my planet with ability to grow plants has one flower they can grow by instinct, unique to them. Try crushing it in your hand."

Just now, Ranryu said:

She did so.

When she unclenched her fist, the flower was momentarily crumpled, but quickly straightened out and went back to looking normal and healthy. "Apparently, with my life magic, I'm also able to make exactly one of those flowers 'reflect' me. If I get hurt, it wilts. If I die, it dies."

When she unclenched her fist, the flower was momentarily crumpled, but quickly straightened out and went back to looking normal and healthy. "Apparently, with my life magic, I'm also able to make exactly one of those flowers 'reflect' me. If I get hurt, it wilts. If I die, it dies."

"Interesting. So this flower is immortal as long as you are?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Interesting. So this flower is immortal as long as you are?"

"Yep. You could even set it down in some dirt and it would plant itself there. But it is unique. You can't grow new ones from that, and I can't make more than one that connects to me like that."

"Yep. You could even set it down in some dirt and it would plant itself there. But it is unique. You can't grow new ones from that, and I can't make more than one that connects to me like that."

"Amazing." She looked at the little flower. "So this must be pretty valuable to you."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Amazing." She looked at the little flower. "So this must be pretty valuable to you."

"You're the first person I've given it to. Actually, for plant magicians, these flowers are often used in weddings, though most can't make one like this."

13 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You're the first person I've given it to. Actually, for plant magicians, these flowers are often used in weddings, though most can't make one like this."

Her eyes widened, and she looked up at him questioningly. 

Just now, Ranryu said:

She laughed. "Oh, nothing. It's a beautiful flower, though. Should find someplace safe to grow it."

"It'll be just as safe in a bag or anywhere else. And it could be useful to have around if you need to know if I'm okay." He frowned at her. "Really, you looked surprised by something. What was it?"

"It'll be just as safe in a bag or anywhere else. And it could be useful to have around if you need to know if I'm okay." He frowned at her. "Really, you looked surprised by something. What was it?"

She smiled at him. "You're persistent, I'll give you that. It's nothing, really."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It looked like something. Was it something I said?" He looked a bit frustrated.

She rolled her eyes. "You gave me a magic flower and started talking about marriage ceremonies. Did you expect me to not be confused?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

She rolled her eyes. "You gave me a magic flower and started talking about marriage ceremonies. Did you expect me to not be confused?"

He paused, looking taken aback. "Oh. I..." He didn't look embarrassed, just somehow perplexed.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He paused, looking taken aback. "Oh. I..." He didn't look embarrassed, just somehow perplexed.

She laughed. "Don't think about it too hard. Come on, let's go find the others. We need to tell them the plan."