Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“You’re doing great. This is helping.” She slumped. “Though if you should happen to have any marshmallows…”

He laughed. Reluctantly, he released her to search his bag. "I probably have a few in here. Though they will be stale." He pulled one out and held it out to her.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He laughed. Reluctantly, he released her to search his bag. "I probably have a few in here. Though they will be stale." He pulled one out and held it out to her.

She took it and turned it over in her hand. “Thanks,” she said softly.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He kept looking at it, careful not to tug. "Fascinating. I think it's a very nice color."

"Thanks. It was weird for me to leave home and see all the humans. Most of you have shades of brown hair. The only brown-haired person I'd ever seen before was Aussa, so I kept mixing everyone up."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Thanks. It was weird for me to leave home and see all the humans. Most of you have shades of brown hair. The only brown-haired person I'd ever seen before was Aussa, so I kept mixing everyone up."

He dropped his hand, lightly brushing her cheek. "So you're going to let it grow out now?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He dropped his hand, lightly brushing her cheek. "So you're going to let it grow out now?"

"Yeah. Takes too much effort to find more dye."

Should we just wait until everyone's here to continue?

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Yeah. Takes too much effort to find more dye."

I don't know. They could maybe try to bait Malum or something.

"Nice. You know what I still can't figure out? I think you said in that garden place that they must have liked me to let me have that fruit. I can't understand why."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Nice. You know what I still can't figure out? I think you said in that garden place that they must have liked me to let me have that fruit. I can't understand why."

"They're nymphs. It's hard to fathom what goes on inside their heads, but they tend to reward people with 'good hearts', and things like that."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Nymphs tend to love those even more. Combine the two? I'm surprised they didn't just kidnap you."

"What an odd set of preferences." He paused again. "You know, we've been saying I'm immortal, but I'm really not, am I? I'm probably going to die long before you do, even if I don't age."

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What an odd set of preferences." He paused again. "You know, we've been saying I'm immortal, but I'm really not, am I? I'm probably going to die long before you do, even if I don't age."

Wynn snorted. "It's true the term 'immortal' is misleading, but why would you think that?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn snorted. "It's true the term 'immortal' is misleading, but why would you think that?"

"Well, I'm still as vulnerable as I was before, whereas you have a much greater ability to sustain injury. And it's not like anything we're doing is very safe."

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, I'm still as vulnerable as I was before, whereas you have a much greater ability to sustain injury. And it's not like anything we're doing is very safe."

"True." She frowned. "We'll have to do something about that."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"True." She frowned. "We'll have to do something about that."

"What could we possibly do? This relationship is obviously doomed to failure."

His pessimism here is actually of significance to his character.

44 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What could we possibly do? This relationship is obviously doomed to failure."

"Doomed to failure, really? Tell me more." She didn't look annoyed. To the contrary, she was genuinely amused. 

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Doomed to failure, really? Tell me more." She didn't look annoyed. To the contrary, she was genuinely amused. 

"Well, how do you plan on preventing me from just dying one of these days when we're on a mission or something? I've already died once."