Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“When you held me. When you kissed me. When you came back unharmed. When you… told me you loved me.”

"...Oh. Is there anything I could do now? That doesn't involve magical tampering with emotions?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"...Oh. Is there anything I could do now? That doesn't involve magical tampering with emotions?"

She blushed. “Yeah. You could hold my hand. Or any of the things I said above.” It felt unprecedentedly bold to say that, but good at the same time.

She blushed. “Yeah. You could hold my hand. Or any of the things I said above.” It felt unprecedentedly bold to say that, but good at the same time.

"Okay." He pulled her into him and kissed her.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She sunk into him, feeling much more at ease. Third kiss—no, fourth. Fifth? It’s just as good. Thanks, TAAron.

Eventually, TAAron released her, breathing much more quickly than normal. "Uh, do you want to stop and get the food now, or...?"

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She hugged him again, practically glowing. “Yeah. Thank you.”

"Okay." He gave her one more quick kiss, shaking slightly, though whether it was from nervousness or excitement was hard to tell. "Where to?"

"Okay." He gave her one more quick kiss, shaking slightly, though whether it was from nervousness or excitement was hard to tell. "Where to?"

She hooked her arm through his. “The kitchens!” 

The door to the kitchens was white marble and very heavy. 

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Wow. That's quite grand."

“Yeah.” She pushed the door slightly open, the grinned. “The way is clear!” She slipped inside, into a kitchen set out with a lot of food for dinner. “I guess we could just go to dinner, but that’s no fun.”

“Yeah.” She pushed the door slightly open, the grinned. “The way is clear!” She slipped inside, into a kitchen set out with a lot of food for dinner. “I guess we could just go to dinner, but that’s no fun.”

TAAron almost smiled again. "So we're stealing?"

“Exactly!” She pulled her invisibility pin out of her purse and slipped it into her hair, going invisible. “Grab whatever you want.”

"I can't go invisible..." He wandered around a bit, looking at all the different foods. "You go ahead. I don't feel very hungry."

On 1/16/2023 at 10:56 AM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I do have a reason. It's never been different before." His voice was still strained, like he was on the verge of tears.

She looked at him seriously.

"I promise on my sisters' graves. Time will prove me."

He shook his head. He began to tear up, but he quickly wiped it away. No. I don't cry.

Wynn saw it, though. She hesitated for a second, then hugged him. "If you don't believe my words, then believe what I do." She whispered. 

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn saw it, though. She hesitated for a second, then hugged him. "If you don't believe my words, then believe what I do." She whispered. 

He tensed. The tears began coming again, and he fiercely wiped them away.

He shook his head again, his normal self-assuredness replaced by hopelessness and fear.

Wynn was unsure of what to do. Recently, it had become clear that her comforting tactics were not effective.

"Come on, let's go do something." Her optimism was so forceful it was almost tangible. "Let's do something fun. I think we have time."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn was unsure of what to do. Recently, it had become clear that her comforting tactics were not effective.

"Come on, let's go do something." Her optimism was so forceful it was almost tangible. "Let's do something fun. I think we have time."

Apparently unable to contain it any more, he collapsed into Wynn, sobbing.

Apparently unable to contain it any more, he collapsed into Wynn, sobbing.

Okay, that didn't work. Something seems wrong here... I've never seen Lerac like this.

"Hey," She held him tight. "I promise, I will never hate you. Please, try to take a deep breath. I'm worried about you."