Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

He snorted and stomped the ground impatiently. 

Haly’s waiting.

He climbed onto the griffin's back. "Go ahead, friend."

Let's hope I don't die for real.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron clung on, carefully maintaining his grip on the talisman. Well, that actually went pretty... well.

The griffin landed on a hill among many hills, all peppered profusely with tents and an army just walking up, early the next day. Ashli ran up to greet him. “Do you have it? Do you have it?”

Eventually Haly realized she couldn’t stay like this forever. Her face was stiff, hardened by her tears, but her emotions were in turmoil. 

She sunk through the ceiling into a hallway, dropping to the floor. A sensation blossomed in her ankle—pain?—but it felt far away. She started down the hallway, focusing on the floor, the walls, anything but TAAron.

He’d looked so nervous outside the tower. “Something more than your friend.”

Then unsure and confused. “Haly. She is the most important. Protect her. Know her. Don’t forget.” 

And then—so bittersweet—the times he’d said—and meant—“I love you.” 

And I didn’t say it back. I didn’t—I should have said it back! Oh, chasms, I should have said it back!

She fell against the wall, then collapsed to the floor, crying.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

The griffin landed on a hill among many hills, all peppered profusely with tents and an army just walking up, early the next day. Ashli ran up to greet him. “Do you have it? Do you have it?”

Eventually Haly realized she couldn’t stay like this forever. Her face was stiff, hardened by her tears, but her emotions were in turmoil. 

She sunk through the ceiling into a hallway, dropping to the floor. A sensation blossomed in her ankle—pain?—but it felt far away. She started down the hallway, focusing on the floor, the walls, anything but TAAron.

He’d looked so nervous outside the tower. “Something more than your friend.”

Then unsure and confused. “Haly. She is the most important. Protect her. Know her. Don’t forget.” 

And then—so bittersweet—the times he’d said—and meant—“I love you.” 

And I didn’t say it back. I didn’t—I should have said it back! Oh, chasms, I should have said it back!

She fell against the wall, then collapsed to the floor, crying.

"Yes!" He pulled out the necklace, smiling. "What now? I want to get back to the palace as soon as I can."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yes!" He pulled out the necklace, smiling. "What now? I want to get back to the palace as soon as I can."

“Just give it to me.” Her eyes gleamed. “I’ll wrap things up here while you get back to your lady.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Just give it to me.” Her eyes gleamed. “I’ll wrap things up here while you get back to your lady.”

Wait a second... can Ashli be fully trusted?

"Alright..." TAAron was a little wary at the look in her eyes. "What exactly are you going to do with it?"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Alright..." TAAron was a little wary at the look in her eyes. "What exactly are you going to do with it?"

Oh yes. She’s not gonna harm Basilica.

“Fight the Nolikans and weed out a bit of their military might, then give it to the Evikians to destroy.”

This needs to happen, the presence told him. Otherwise the future is dim.

“Haly?” 

She jolted awake. I’ve been asleep for hours. It doesn’t matter. TAAron’s dead. 

“Haly? Are you okay?”

She looked up into the concerned face of a blonde girl with jagged, layered hair—short in the front, long in the back, so it formed an arrow down her back. Her green eyes looked unsure and surprised. 

“No,” she choked. “I’m not and I never will be. TAAron’s dead.”

The girl, who’s Haly had just recognized, tilted her head. “Who’s that?”

”Just look.”

Mitis lay a hand on Haly’s shoulder and closed her eyes.

“Fight the Nolikans and weed out a bit of their military might, then give it to the Evikians to destroy.”

This needs to happen, the presence told him. Otherwise the future is dim.

“Haly?” 

She jolted awake. I’ve been asleep for hours. It doesn’t matter. TAAron’s dead. 

“Haly? Are you okay?”

She looked up into the concerned face of a blonde girl with jagged, layered hair—short in the front, long in the back, so it formed an arrow down her back. Her green eyes looked unsure and surprised. 

“No,” she choked. “I’m not and I never will be. TAAron’s dead.”

The girl, who’s Haly had just recognized, tilted her head. “Who’s that?”

”Just look.”

Mitis lay a hand on Haly’s shoulder and closed her eyes.

Nodding, he gave her the talisman. "Do I take the griffin to Basilica?"

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Nodding, he gave her the talisman. "Do I take the griffin to Basilica?"

“He will take you. It will be the work of almost a day—you’ll arrive by nighttime.” She turned away, attention fully turned to the necklace. She turned it over in her hands, anticipation written in every feature. She dropped it over her neck, took a breath, and marched off to command the army.

Mitis pulled back. “I’m getting mixed signals. I know who TAAron is, but his link is alive. I didn’t try to pinpoint his location, since I’m drained enough from searching your soul, but he’s eastward.”

Haly froze. “He… he’s not? Not dead? His soul isn’t destroyed?”

”Hes fine.”‘Mitis sat next to Haly, resting from the expenditure.

Also I have a message in the continuity chat

“He will take you. It will be the work of almost a day—you’ll arrive by nighttime.” She turned away, attention fully turned to the necklace. She turned it over in her hands, anticipation written in every feature. She dropped it over her neck, took a breath, and marched off to command the army.

Mitis pulled back. “I’m getting mixed signals. I know who TAAron is, but his link is alive. I didn’t try to pinpoint his location, since I’m drained enough from searching your soul, but he’s eastward.”

Haly froze. “He… he’s not? Not dead? His soul isn’t destroyed?”

”Hes fine.”‘Mitis sat next to Haly, resting from the expenditure.

TAAron climbed back on the griffin, and made for Basilica.

Another skip now?

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron climbed back on the griffin, and made for Basilica.

Yes.

Haly waited eagerly on the balcony all day, wearing a pretty blue dress with silver trim, plus jewelry, makeup… and shoes. As twilight fell, she began to search the skies.

Mitis had kept her updated as to TAAron’s location, but she got the connection from Cjehu’s clothes this time, since that was less draining.

Haly waited eagerly on the balcony all day, wearing a pretty blue dress with silver trim, plus jewelry, makeup… and shoes. As twilight fell, she began to search the skies.

Mitis had kept her updated as to TAAron’s location, but she got the connection from Cjehu’s clothes this time, since that was less draining.

TAAron waited anxiously on the griffin, exhausted from the flight. The only thing keeping him awake was the pewter burning in his stomach. As they finally approached, he saw Haly, and smiled.

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron waited anxiously on the griffin, exhausted from the flight. The only thing keeping him awake was the pewter burning in his stomach. As they finally approached, he saw Haly, and smiled.

She lit up completely when she saw him, and when the griffin quit its tedious circling and landed, she was upon him in an instant. Grabbing him in an embrace, she said feelingly, “I love you, TAAron. I love you, I love you, I love you.”

She lit up completely when she saw him, and when the griffin quit its tedious circling and landed, she was upon him in an instant. Grabbing him in an embrace, she said feelingly, “I love you, TAAron. I love you, I love you, I love you.”

At first, he seemed taken aback. "I love you too, Haly. Thank you. Did you really think that I was..."

At first, he seemed taken aback. "I love you too, Haly. Thank you. Did you really think that I was..."

“Malum said so,” she replied, drawing back. “He showed me—“ but she cut off here, unable to go on.

“Wow,” Mitis said, amazed. “She really must love you. She put on shoes for you.”

Haly went a deep shade of crimson. “I did not,” she insisted, then promptly kicked them over the balcony railing.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Malum said so,” she replied, drawing back. “He showed me—“ but she cut off here, unable to go on.

“Wow,” Mitis said, amazed. “She really must love you. She put on shoes for you.”

Haly went a deep shade of crimson. “I did not,” she insisted, then promptly kicked them over the balcony railing.

TAAron laughed, amused, as they fell. He turned back to Haly, expression growing more serious. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

TAAron laughed, amused, as they fell. He turned back to Haly, expression growing more serious. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

“It’s okay. I’m fine now.” She took a breath. “I’m just so glad you’re back.” 

Mitis slipped away.

Haly debated internally.

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“It’s okay. I’m fine now.” She took a breath. “I’m just so glad you’re back.” 

Mitis slipped away.

Haly debated internally.

"I'm glad I'm back with you." He saw her expression and guessed at its meaning. "Are you thinking about something?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
grammer

“I just… I thought you were dead, and… well, I never kissed you.” She looked away, certain that rubies had nothing on her cheeks today.

As they were very red.

He inhaled sharply and turned red himself. "Oh," he squeaked. "I... I... don't know what to say."

He inhaled sharply and turned red himself. "Oh," he squeaked. "I... I... don't know what to say."

Just do it, by all the chasms!

she squeezed her eyes shut and gave him a peck, then made some sort of squeak and poofed marshmallows everywhere.