Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

A glowing rectangle of light became visible, as did Lerac's silhouette against it. As she watched, he began to pass through it.

"No!" Wynn pushed herself faster, almost flying through the strange Void. Not again! Never again!

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Nobody special. I'm from a calmer world. Small town called _____. Nice place. A traveling mage gave me a portion of his powers and trained me, so I can do, like... soul stuff. Get a general sense for a person, sometimes a location, depending on a few factors, access memories--with permission--and, of course, tell if someone is alive or dead."

"So you could tell us if our friend is okay? Her name is Wynn."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"No!" Wynn pushed herself faster, almost flying through the strange Void. Not again! Never again!

Lerac finished passing through, and the window disappeared in an instant. He was gone.

I don't know if Wynn can use her magic to trace him and find him, but otherwise he's in a pretty bad situation.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac finished passing through, and the window disappeared in an instant. He was gone.

"Yep. If she's a friend of yours, I might even be able to talk to her, though that would expend me. A lot. Do you have something of hers? Something she held or touched recently, maybe?"

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Yep. If she's a friend of yours, I might even be able to talk to her, though that would expend me. A lot. Do you have something of hers? Something she held or touched recently, maybe?"

He frowned. "No, I don't think so. Haly?"

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Wynn's life force is about to be diminished greatly, if that changes anything.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

NO.

Wynn pushed all her energy into the shadows. Find Lerac. Open a path. She felt a huge amount of energy, eons worth of memories, leave her. A clean path appeared in the void for her to follow.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

NO.

Wynn pushed all her energy into the shadows. Find Lerac. Open a path. She felt a huge amount of energy, eons worth of memories, leave her. A clean path appeared in the void for her to follow.

As soon as it did, the path began stitching back together, on pace to be sealed in mere seconds.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He frowned. "No, I don't think so. Haly?"

She shook her head.

”Rats,” Mitis sighed. “I won’t waste time looking for a secondary connection. Haly, give me your hand.”

She did so and Mitis closed her eyes. 

“She’s alive,” Mitis said. “Apprehensive. She’s dealing with something. I’m not getting a location.”

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

As soon as it did, the path began stitching back together, on pace to be sealed in mere seconds.

A few seconds was enough time. Wynn shot across the path, a Shadow storm rising in her wake. In a mere minute, she expended about three-fourths the energy of a neutron star.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She shook her head.

”Rats,” Mitis sighed. “I won’t waste time looking for a secondary connection. Haly, give me your hand.”

She did so and Mitis closed her eyes. 

“She’s alive,” Mitis said. “Apprehensive. She’s dealing with something. I’m not getting a location.”

We'll probably have to claim weird time shenanigans to make that line up, but whatever

"No location? Is that normal?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

A few seconds was enough time. Wynn shot across the path, a Shadow storm rising in her wake. In a mere minute, she expended about three-fourths the energy of a neutron star.

Wynn arrived in the midst of a blizzard. The winds were incredible, the snow darkening the area and frequently blinding her. Lerac was nowhere to be seen, likely hidden somewhere in the storm, or worse, under the snow.

12 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Wynn arrived in the midst of a blizzard. The winds were incredible, the snow darkening the area and frequently blinding her. Lerac was nowhere to be seen, likely hidden somewhere in the storm, or worse, under the snow.

“I don’t know. Generally I get a slight sense of out-of-dimension stuff, but not just… nothing.” She frowned. “I’ll try to contact her.”

Time shenanigans happened, y’all. That’s my excuse.

A slight voice weaved in among Wynn’s thoughts. The voice was female, and about her age (if she’d been that age in reality).

Are you Wynn? 

Edit: forgot to do this @Ranryu

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“I don’t know. Generally I get a slight sense of out-of-dimension stuff, but not just… nothing.” She frowned. “I’ll try to contact her.”

A slight voice weaved in among Wynn’s thoughts. The voice was female, and about her age (if she’d been that age in reality).

Are you Wynn? 

TAAron had grown tense. That doesn't sound good.

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron had grown tense. That doesn't sound good.

Mitis moved away from Haly, forehead still furrowed in concentration. She pulled a four sided (four sides total) pyramid out of a leather bag she carried—it looked like smoke, like it shouldn’t be solid, but it was. 

Haly watched her with great interest.

5 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Mitis moved away from Haly, forehead still furrowed in concentration. She pulled a four sided (four sides total) pyramid out of a leather bag she carried—it looked like smoke, like it shouldn’t be solid, but it was. 

Haly watched her with great interest.

TAAron reached and gripped Haly's hand, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

TAAron reached and gripped Haly's hand, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

She looked over at him and smiled.

”I got a location,” Mitis announced. “I’m not getting details, but she’s definitely somewhere.”

This is where I bow out. Seeya!

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Lerac?" Her voice was sucked away by the gale. Even though she was called the bringer of storms, she had no power here. Almost no power at all, actually. It had taken all that she had to make that run. She what what, two, three weeks of memories left? It was enough for her to know how important her mission was. And Lerac. I need to find Lerac.

1 hour ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Are you Wynn? 

Edit: forgot to do this @Ranryu

Who are you? Wynn recoiled at the intrusion, still searching the snow while talking. Not many can enter my mind like this. Not many have tried. Are you working with Malum?

Sorry, there was a messy pair of little boys that demanded my attention. 

Wynn's super weak right now. She'd probably be easy to trick, in addition to not being able to beat a newborn kitten in a fight at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Lerac?" Her voice was sucked away by the gale. Even though she was called the bringer of storms, she had no power here. Almost no power at all, actually. It had taken all that she had to make that run. She what what, two, three weeks of memories left? It was enough for her to know how important her mission was. And Lerac. I need to find Lerac.

Who are you? Wynn recoiled at the intrusion, still searching the snow while talking. Not many can enter my mind like this. Not many have tried. Are you working with Malum?

I have something interesting planned.

In the distance, a large group of people seemed to be gathered around a small building, like a shed. It was impossible to make out any details, and the image was immediately swept away in the snow.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

18 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

In the distance, a large group of people seemed to be gathered around a small building, like a shed. It was impossible to make out any details, and the image was immediately swept away in the snow.

Ooh I'm excited.

Wynn had no choice but to head in that direction. She couldn't see anything in this snow, and her Shadows were to be saved for the most dire of circumstances. 

"Lerac? Anybody?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn had no choice but to head in that direction. She couldn't see anything in this snow, and her Shadows were to be saved for the most dire of circumstances. 

"Lerac? Anybody?"

As she approached, Malum's voice entered her head.

Your poor Lerac is under a layer of snow, freezing to death. You won't find him in time.

As she approached, Malum's voice entered her head.

Your poor Lerac is under a layer of snow, freezing to death. You won't find him in time.

It took Wynn a second to remember what she was talking to.

Malum. I don't believe you.

She continued in the direction she had been going.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

It took Wynn a second to remember what she was talking to.

Malum. I don't believe you.

She continued in the direction she had been going.

He was thrown out into the snow, no more healing. He used it all to hang on to the runner.

The scene before her became more clear. A group was fighting at the shed, all sorts of magic and combat abounding.

Okay, the reveal. If you choose to engage with this group, may I direct you to the Fellowship of the Thing thread?

He was thrown out into the snow, no more healing. He used it all to hang on to the runner.

The scene before her became more clear. A group was fighting at the shed, all sorts of magic and combat abounding.

A crossover? Yes! Although I'll want Wynn back at the clinic eventually. That might be a good permanent home for Dharc and Lyna, though.

Stuff it, Malum. I know you're a liar. Now if you excuse me, those guys look like they need help.

A small glow appeared in front of Wynn.

"Cards? Yes!"

With that, she ran into the fray.

I'm gonna put what you see above into my first post for some background.

Cufre made it to the portal and re-entered the inn.

Lerac watched as it happened. "Okay, Wynn. I think we're done he---" While anyone else would see Lerac still standing there, to Wynn's eyes he was pushed away by a blast from the blizzard and disappeared into the snow.

@Ranryu

Cufre made it to the portal and re-entered the inn.

Lerac watched as it happened. "Okay, Wynn. I think we're done he---" While anyone else would see Lerac still standing there, to Wynn's eyes he was pushed away by a blast from the blizzard and disappeared into the snow.

@Ranryu

Not again!

Wynn left the strange group, chasing Lerac blindly through the snow.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Not again!

Wynn left the strange group, chasing Lerac blindly through the snow.

He was nowhere to be seen, the blizzard roaring in her ears and biting at her skin.

Outside of the illusion, Lerac shook her desperately, but any of it Wynn might have felt was lost to the storm.

He was nowhere to be seen, the blizzard roaring in her ears and biting at her skin.

Outside of the illusion, Lerac shook her desperately, but any of it Wynn might have felt was lost to the storm.

"Lerac!" Wynn was... so tired. She tried to force herself to keep going, but even immortals have their limits.

She sank to the ground, unable to push any further against her limits.