Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Essa was drafting up some plans for one of her cases when Jove walked in, looking confused and disturbed.

She looked up. “Yes? What is it?”

”Essa, it’s…” he trailed off, then held up a book. 

She took it. “What’s this?”

”You know that case you’re working on? The former agent, calls herself Haly? Well… Essa, there wasn’t a sequel a week ago.”

Her lips parted in shock. “What? A… sequel?” So I did something right. That’s nice… oh wait. But I’m her caseworker and when I can’t read her book… 

More had written itself as the characters continued to do things. But she couldn’t see anything beyond that.

He looked at her strangely. “…can I see the first book?”

”I’m using it,” she replied, knowing that if he read it, he would find her in its pages. 

“Kay. I’ll just find another copy, then.” He backed out of the room.

Essa rested her head in her hands and stared at the paper. Everything was lost now. Her involvement would be erased. Without her, TAAron wouldn’t get to Basilica in time, Haly wouldn’t send Rylla to protect him, and instead, when Tiernan proposed to her, she’d go supernova.

Her story ended there.

I never should have gotten mixed up in this.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Essa was drafting up some plans for one of her cases when Jove walked in, looking confused and disturbed.

She looked up. “Yes? What is it?”

”Essa, it’s…” he trailed off, then held up a book. 

She took it. “What’s this?”

”You know that case you’re working on? The former agent, calls herself Haly? Well… Essa, there wasn’t a sequel a week ago.”

Her lips parted in shock. “What? A… sequel?” So I did something right. That’s nice… oh wait. But I’m her caseworker and when I can’t read her book… 

More had written itself as the characters continued to do things. But she couldn’t see anything beyond that.

He looked at her strangely. “…can I see the first book?”

”I’m using it,” she replied, knowing that if he read it, he would find her in its pages. 

“Kay. I’ll just find another copy, then.” He backed out of the room.

Essa rested her head in her hands and stared at the paper. Everything was lost now. Her involvement would be erased. Without her, TAAron wouldn’t get to Basilica in time, Haly wouldn’t send Rylla to protect him, and instead, when Tiernan proposed to her, she’d go supernova.

Her story ended there.

I never should have gotten mixed up in this.

Wait, what??

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Basilica. Where Haly and TAAron are. You brought us here."

She blinked.

"Oh yes, of course. Maybe we can find Haly?

"HALY!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

Just now, Ranryu said:

She blinked.

"Oh yes, of course. Maybe we can find Haly?

"HALY!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

Time skip first!

Lerac facepalmed. "She won't hear you, she's in the building. Do you want to find a room in there or something, or just find a spot out here?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac facepalmed. "She won't hear you, she's in the building. Do you want to find a room in there or something, or just find a spot out here?"

"Room." She opened a random door. "This one works."

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

When Lerac woke up, his neck did indeed hurt, but it went away in seconds. He stood up and stood by the bed, watching Wynn for a moment before gently shaking her awake. "Good morning."

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Mitis pulled out one of her smoky pyramids, cupped it in her hands, and closed her eyes. After a minute, she opened them. “Found them. Or, Wynn at least.”

"Where are they?" TAAron asked.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

When Lerac woke up, his neck did indeed hurt, but it went away in seconds. He stood up and stood by the bed, watching Wynn for a moment before gently shaking her awake. "Good morning."

“In a room by the balcony.” She stood up. “Follow me.”

”Can you walk?” Haly asked. “I can help you.”

She nodded.

Soon they got to the door, which Mitis knocked on, slipping the pyramid into her pocket.

Lerac cracked the door open and peaked outside. "Oh, it's you." He opened it the rest of the way. "I just woke up, Wynn is waking up too."

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

They entered.

”Have you met Mitis yet?” Haly asked.

Wynn groaned and forced herself up.

"What does an immortal need to do to get a little sleep around here?"

They entered.

”Have you met Mitis yet?” Haly asked.

"I don't think so." He reached to shake her hand. "Hi, I'm Lerac."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn groaned and forced herself up.