Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No! I think she had good intentions, and if she didn't it's my fault for listening to her. I should still go and... what do I do?"

"Don't worry about it," Mitis told him calmly. "We still have Tiernan here, and he should be able to get the kingdom on his feet. Especially with Sykel's help."

Haly missed the last part. She was rereading the scroll.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Don't worry about it," Mitis told him calmly. "We still have Tiernan here, and he should be able to get the kingdom on his feet. Especially with Sykel's help."

Haly missed the last part. She was rereading the scroll.

"I still feel responsible. There has to be something I can do." He noticed Haly. "Haly, I'm so sorry. It's fine if you're angry with me... You probably should be. Maybe I'll just go. I should go."

"I still feel responsible. There has to be something I can do." He noticed Haly. "Haly, I'm so sorry. It's fine if you're angry with me... You probably should be. Maybe I'll just go. I should go."

"If you leave," she said through clenched teeth, "I will find you and break all your bones one by one."

Dinner, bbl

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron nodded quickly and turned back to her. "You are angry, aren't you."

"Yes! Yes, I'm very angry, but I know that if you leave while I'm mad, I'll be mad at myself later for letting you leave. So don't. Come interview Ashli with me, because if I do it, I will probably strangle her halfway through." She stalked out of the room. 

Mitis shrugged and followed her, but waited for TAAron first.

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Yes! Yes, I'm very angry, but I know that if you leave while I'm mad, I'll be mad at myself later for letting you leave. So don't. Come interview Ashli with me, because if I do it, I will probably strangle her halfway through." She stalked out of the room. 

Mitis shrugged and followed her, but waited for TAAron first.

TAAron followed, as did Lerac, who caught up to Haly. "Why exactly are you angry at him?"

"Of course you don't." She sighed, exasperated. "Of course it's unfounded. But I'm still mad because I feel like he should have seen it coming and stopped it."

TAAron approached them from behind, and had apparently been listening to the conversation. "I think I did... kind of. When I showed her the talisman, for a second there was this glint in her eyes. But I ignored it. It is my fault."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron approached them from behind, and had apparently been listening to the conversation. "I think I did... kind of. When I showed her the talisman, for a second there was this glint in her eyes. But I ignored it. It is my fault."

"No, it's not," Haly snapped. "Will you let me be mad at you without feeling guilty too? It makes it more difficult."

"No, it's not," Haly snapped. "Will you let me be mad at you without feeling guilty too? It makes it more difficult."

"I'm sorry, it just... it felt like it was only a matter of time before I messed something up and hurt you. And here I did."

"I'm sorry, it just... it felt like it was only a matter of time before I messed something up and hurt you. And here I did."

"You didn't hurt me. You hurt Nolikar, which under the circumstances, isn't really a bad thing." She descended the stairs to Ashli's office and knocked. "You do the talking. I might blow up at her."

"You didn't hurt me. You hurt Nolikar, which under the circumstances, isn't really a bad thing." She descended the stairs to Ashli's office and knocked. "You do the talking. I might blow up at her."

He looked unconvinced, but did not argue further. "I don't really know what to say, but I'll try."

He looked unconvinced, but did not argue further. "I don't really know what to say, but I'll try."

Ashli opened the door and let them in. "Saeri, Evander, and two people whom I have yet to meet! Welcome." 

Haly stepped inside, jaw tight. Mitis licked her lips and looked around.

Ashli opened the door and let them in. "Saeri, Evander, and two people whom I have yet to meet! Welcome." 

Haly stepped inside, jaw tight. Mitis licked her lips and looked around.

TAAron opened his mouth to speak, but Lerac cut him off. "I hear you used a military advantage that 'Evander' here used in good faith to politically destroy an entire nation in the most violent way possible. Explain?"

TAAron opened his mouth to speak, but Lerac cut him off. "I hear you used a military advantage that 'Evander' here used in good faith to politically destroy an entire nation in the most violent way possible. Explain?"

She looked rather puzzled. "I weakened them sufficiently to prevent backlash, should they ever find out Basilica had anything to do with the event in question. What would you have had me do?"

She looked rather puzzled. "I weakened them sufficiently to prevent backlash, should they ever find out Basilica had anything to do with the event in question. What would you have had me do?"

"I would have attempted to diplomatically resolve the issue now that the advantage had been removed from their camp, and only attacked if it was clear that there was no potential for nonviolent resolution."

19 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I would have attempted to diplomatically resolve the issue now that the advantage had been removed from their camp, and only attacked if it was clear that there was no potential for nonviolent resolution."

Ashli's eyes glittered. "That leaves us without revenge. My way was better. Surely you caught the way they talked about Eva--Saeri?"