Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Ashli's eyes glittered. "That leaves us without revenge. My way was better. Surely you caught the way they talked about Eva--Saeri?"

"Don't be a fool. If you start making military decisions based off of emotional urges, you will run yourself into the ground. There is no need for revenge in war, you must be pragmatic."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Don't be a fool. If you start making military decisions based off of emotional urges, you will run yourself into the ground. There is no need for revenge in war, you must be pragmatic."

She smiled. "The great thing is--they don't know it was me. As far as anybody knows, it was all Evika. And besides, they had their own reasons to get access to Nolikar's lands."

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She smiled. "The great thing is--they don't know it was me. As far as anybody knows, it was all Evika. And besides, they had their own reasons to get access to Nolikar's lands."

"You still don't seem to understand that you killed however many thousand of people for no good reason! Loss of life ought to be avoided whenever possible."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You still don't seem to understand that you killed however many thousand of people for no good reason! Loss of life ought to be avoided whenever possible."

"Yes. Yes it should." She leaned back. "That's a lesson they need to learn."

"Yes. Yes it should." She leaned back. "That's a lesson they need to learn."

"Not only is that vengeful approach to combat ridiculous, but any hatred you have for the enemy should be directed at yourself for sinking to their level."

"Not only is that vengeful approach to combat ridiculous, but any hatred you have for the enemy should be directed at yourself for sinking to their level."

She folded her arms. "So what? It felt good. I regret nothing."

Haly quivered with rage. "You can't just do that!"

"Oh, sorry."

She folded her arms. "So what? It felt good. I regret nothing."

Haly quivered with rage. "You can't just do that!"

"Oh, sorry."

Fun new ability time, kind of inspired by Warbreaker. If you've read that you kind of know the result I'm going for here.

"Feels good, huh? How about this?" He lunged forward and grabbed her shoulder, flooding her with healing energy, enough to bring on a sensation of warmth and pleasure that would be nearly paralyzing. He didn't know how he knew he could do it, but it would work. He waited for a moment to see her reaction.

"Feels good, huh? How about this?" He lunged forward and grabbed her shoulder, flooding her with healing energy, enough to bring on a sensation of warmth and pleasure that would be nearly paralyzing. He didn't know how he knew he could do it, but it would work. He waited for a moment to see her reaction.

Haven't read it yet. 

Sorry.

She breathed in deeply, relaxing, still. Soaking in the energy, she did absolutely nothing.

I can change it if you want something else to happen.

She breathed in deeply, relaxing, still. Soaking in the energy, she did absolutely nothing.

That's fine.

"Great. Now how about this?" He released her, cutting off the flow of energy, then punched her in the face.

"Great. Now how about this?" He released her, cutting off the flow of energy, then punched her in the face.

Haly made a small noise, not sure whether she approved or disapproved of this. 

She fell back, in shock for a moment, then sat up and cupped her bleeding nose and made a sound of pain. "What was that you were just talking about? No unnecessary violence? That lasted, didn't it?"

Haly made a small noise, not sure whether she approved or disapproved of this. 

She fell back, in shock for a moment, then sat up and cupped her bleeding nose and made a sound of pain. "What was that you were just talking about? No unnecessary violence? That lasted, didn't it?"

"That wasn't a war. That was your personal punishment. One does not punish nations, one punishes people. Do you need me to punch you again?"

"That wasn't a war. That was your personal punishment. One does not punish nations, one punishes people. Do you need me to punch you again?"

She grinned. "No thank you." Her focus turned to Haly. "I presume this means I'm fired."

"Yep."

"Gotcha." Ashli rose, and still holding a cloth to her nose, gathered things together. 

5 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She grinned. "No thank you." Her focus turned to Haly. "I presume this means I'm fired."

"Yep."

"Gotcha." Ashli rose, and still holding a cloth to her nose, gathered things together. 

TAAron, feeling a bit of vindictive anger himself, subtly used brass and zinc to take away her sense of confidence and righteousness and amplify her fear and regret.

Lerac looked over at Haly, making eye contact to gauge how she felt about his actions.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron, feeling a bit of vindictive anger himself, subtly used brass and zinc to take away her sense of confidence and righteousness and amplify her fear and regret.

Lerac looked over at Haly, making eye contact to gauge how she felt about his actions.

Uncertainty crept into Ashli's eyes, and she hastened her packing. She said nothing until she brushed past them all on her way up the stairs.

Haly nodded, just barely. Honestly, she deserved that.

I hasta go 

Byeee!

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

Uncertainty crept into Ashli's eyes, and she hastened her packing. She said nothing until she brushed past them all on her way up the stairs.

Haly nodded, just barely. Honestly, she deserved that.

The changes in emotion wouldn't last for very long once she got far away, but TAAron was glad he did it anyway.

"So," Lerac began, "that was something. I hope I didn't overdo it."

22 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The changes in emotion wouldn't last for very long once she got far away, but TAAron was glad he did it anyway.

"So," Lerac began, "that was something. I hope I didn't overdo it."

“No, she… was a real ru’l ke shanon. I didn’t know her hate ran that deep.” Haly took a breath. “Sorry I was mad, TAAron. I’m not anymore.”

“No, she… was a real ru’l ke shanon. I didn’t know her hate ran that deep.” Haly took a breath. “Sorry I was mad, TAAron. I’m not anymore.”

TAAron nodded, a little glum. "Thanks. But still, all those people..."

TAAron nodded, a little glum. "Thanks. But still, all those people..."

“There’s nothing we can do,” Mitis said. “It’s in Tiernan’s hands now. Though I don’t envy him, trying to get the country back on it’s feet…”

“There’s nothing we can do,” Mitis said. “It’s in Tiernan’s hands now. Though I don’t envy him, trying to get the country back on it’s feet…”

"Not just the citizens. All the soldiers and nobles. I got them killed."

"Not just the citizens. All the soldiers and nobles. I got them killed."

“It wasn’t you. It was her. What she was doing made sense. She just… took it too far.”

And I told you to give it to her, Rylla conveyed, not visible.  Don’t you remember? 

“It wasn’t you. It was her. What she was doing made sense. She just… took it too far.”

And I told you to give it to her, Rylla conveyed, not visible.  Don’t you remember? 

"Why are you all so insistent that it wasn't my fault? I stole the talisman. No matter what people told me, I shouldn't have trusted her so quickly."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Why are you all so insistent that it wasn't my fault? I stole the talisman. No matter what people told me, I shouldn't have trusted her so quickly."

If it helps, I would have made you give it to her. The air swirled.

”Wh… what?” Haly asked.