Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, how do you plan on preventing me from just dying one of these days when we're on a mission or something? I've already died once."

"Dying isn't the same thing as relationship failure. I will do what I can to protect you and help you protect yourself. Everybody dies eventually. What happens before that is what matters."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Dying isn't the same thing as relationship failure. I will do what I can to protect you and help you protect yourself. Everybody dies eventually. What happens before that is what matters."

"You yourself said that it's awkward being around people with drastically different life spans."

"You yourself said that it's awkward being around people with drastically different life spans."

"Well, imagine that you bond with someone through trauma and hardship. It's kind of awkward to leave for a few years and then come back to see that their great-grandchildren now worship you as a god."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Well, imagine that you bond with someone through trauma and hardship. It's kind of awkward to leave for a few years and then come back to see that their great-grandchildren now worship you as a god."

"I don't know. I don't think this will work." Lerac began pacing.

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What actions? We've done nothing except broadly imagine a future that won't happen. I've ruined this before it even started."

"Okay then, slow down. Let's focus on the now. Defeating Malum. We can worry about that other stuff later."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I was stupid to think that I could ever... fine. Let's do that. Any ideas?"

"Well, it seems like Malum isn't going to show himself any time soon. I was thinking about ways to draw him in. He wants to kill TAAron, right? So if we somehow used TAAron to bait him... would that work?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Well, it seems like Malum isn't going to show himself any time soon. I was thinking about ways to draw him in. He wants to kill TAAron, right? So if we somehow used TAAron to bait him... would that work?"

"How would we present TAAron in a more tempting way? Malum's already making progress on killing him as is. He held in the knife after TAAron stabbed himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to find a way to drive him to the mental instability he's experiencing right now."

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"How would we present TAAron in a more tempting way? Malum's already making progress on killing him as is. He held in the knife after TAAron stabbed himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to find a way to drive him to the mental instability he's experiencing right now."

Wynn thought for a second, then a smile lit up her face. "That's great. The trap's already set! Literally all we have to do is wait and keep TAAron from killing himself!"

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn thought for a second, then a smile lit up her face. "That's great. The trap's already set! Literally all we have to do is wait and keep TAAron from killing himself!"

He rolled his eyes. "Great. I---"

There was a wave of cold energy, and Lerac collapsed. The flower in Wynn's hair wilted.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He rolled his eyes. "Great. I---"

There was a wave of cold energy, and Lerac collapsed. The flower in Wynn's hair wilted.

Wynn ran to him, unraveling into Shadow as she lost concentration.

"Malum! What have you done!?" She yelled, her voice warped from dissolving vocal chords. 

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn ran to him, unraveling into Shadow as she lost concentration.

"Malum! What have you done!?" She yelled, her voice warped from dissolving vocal chords. 

Lerac continued to lay on the floor, unmoving.

"Not Malum. He is who I'm here to talk about." It was Death's voice.

Lerac continued to lay on the floor, unmoving.

"Not Malum. He is who I'm here to talk about." It was Death's voice.

Wynn took a breath and forced herself into a coherent form.

"What do you want?." She asked slowly. " I haven't broken my end of the bargain"

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn took a breath and forced herself into a coherent form.

"What do you want?." She asked slowly. " I haven't broken my end of the bargain"

"I am here to warn you. Malum has, to an extent, allied himself with a being known as Kaos. This is indescribably dangerous. Waiting around is not a good course of action."

"I am here to warn you. Malum has, to an extent, allied himself with a being known as Kaos. This is indescribably dangerous. Waiting around is not a good course of action."

Wynn nodded. "Justitia told me as much. We have a plan. I promise, we won't be waiting that much longer."

Justitia is someone Death would know- a class six embodiment of justice. She operates under strict rules not to get involved in things personally, but she struck a deal with Wynn.

"I highly doubt he'll be coming to you soon. He's likely very comfortable with his current progress."

Wynn sighed. "Then what am I supposed to do? I doubt I'm lucky enough to stumble across his evil lair or something."

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn sighed. "Then what am I supposed to do? I doubt I'm lucky enough to stumble across his evil lair or something."

"I imagine you could find a way to seek him out magically. If you can't, well... be warned." The energy seceded, and Lerac stayed on the floor.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I imagine you could find a way to seek him out magically. If you can't, well... be warned." The energy seceded, and Lerac stayed on the floor.

Wynn checked his pulse, her mind racing.

Seek him out... I don't have my duel disk, how am I supposed to... TAAron has some sort of connection to Malum. Maybe I can trace him through that.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn checked his pulse, her mind racing.

Seek him out... I don't have my duel disk, how am I supposed to... TAAron has some sort of connection to Malum. Maybe I can trace him through that.

His pulse was faint, but active.