Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Never works. Never..." He shuddered, eyes fluttering. The flower began regaining its strength.

"That's it, come on."

Wynn realized that her appearance was probably unrecognizable. In a quick flurry of Shadow, everything was back to how it was supposed to be.

"Everyone I've ever known... All of them." His eyes opened partially, but they were unfocused.

She waved her hand in front of his face. "Lerac, that's not true. Come on, snap out of it."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"I know some of it. And I know myself. Nothing you could do would make me hate you."

He laughed mirthlessly. "That's what parents say to their children, isn't it? It was a lie." The lucidity was coming back to him.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He laughed mirthlessly. "That's what parents say to their children, isn't it? It was a lie." The lucidity was coming back to him.

"I'm not your parent." She put her hand on his arm. "And I can prove that I could never hate you."

"How can you prove that?"

She looked at him seriously.  "Do you want me to? The Shadows can scar a man, leave him a broken mess. However, they can also reveal truth. I am Shadow. I cannot lie through them."

"Sure, why not?"

She looked at him, as if to make sure he was serious. Seeing that he was, she dissolved with a sigh. Shadows danced across the floor, little tendrils grabbing Lerac and dragging him down

down                                            

down.

He found himself in a strange misty world. The Shadow Realm. Dozens of figures hung suspended in the air by Shadows. The nearest one was Wynn, limp and seemingly lifeless. A Shadowy figure stood next to him, formless, but clearly Wynn. 

Just now, Ranryu said:

She looked at him, as if to make sure he was serious. Seeing that he was, she dissolved with a sigh. Shadows danced across the floor, little tendrils grabbing Lerac and dragging him down

down                                            

down.

He found himself in a strange misty world. The Shadow Realm. Dozens of figures hung suspended in the air by Shadows. The nearest one was Wynn, limp and seemingly lifeless. A Shadowy figure stood next to him, formless, but clearly Wynn. 

He breathed in sharply. "Why are you,,, hanging, like that?"

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He breathed in sharply. "Why are you,,, hanging, like that?"

It's how the Shadow Realm interacts with it's users. Wynn said in an murmuring voice. Those other poor souls are people who've been ensnared- trapped here for eternity unless someone kills the one who sent them here. You are here as an observer only, so you should be immune to the worst of the effects.

Slightly different silhouette and no glowing pyramid, but Shadow Wynn looks like this:

Pin by Jacquie on Books & Tv shows (all fiction) | Yugioh, Yugioh monsters, Yugioh  yami (I just wanted an excuse to use this image)

Edited by Ranryu

Just now, Ranryu said:

It's how the Shadow Realm interacts with it's users. Wynn said in an murmuring voice. Those other poor souls are people who've been ensnared- trapped here for eternity unless someone kills the one who sent them here. You are here as an observer only, so you should be immune to the worst of the effects.

"So... what happened to you?"

"So... what happened to you?"

I... became one with the Shadow Realm. Don't be worried- the process of merging is the most dangerous part, and I've already done that. I had... divine assistance. That's me you see up there, but I'm manipulating the Shadows so I can talk to you. Now pay attention.

Lerac was hit with a wave of emotion, scrambled and chaotic. It was hard to make anything of it, but there was a startling lack of hate. Wynn only hated one thing. Malum.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

I... became one with the Shadow Realm. Don't be worried- the process of merging is the most dangerous part, and I've already done that. I had... divine assistance. That's me you see up there, but I'm manipulating the Shadows so I can talk to you. Now pay attention.

Lerac was hit with a wave of emotion, scrambled and chaotic. It was hard to make anything of it, but there was a startling lack of hate. Wynn only hated one thing. Malum.

"That's... for now. But soon you will hate me. Everyone does."