Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Okay." He began walking with her. "What are you getting?"

“A change of clothes, and a hair band that changes the color of my hair. And a sword.” She sagged. “I figure I should have something to defend myself with.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“A change of clothes, and a hair band that changes the color of my hair. And a sword.” She sagged. “I figure I should have something to defend myself with.”

"Makes sense. So... anything else you want to talk about?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He nodded. "What do you want to talk about, then?"

“”I guess…” she looked away. “I don’t know if I should go with you guys. I don’t have powers anymore, so I’d just get in the way.” She bit her lip.

“I guess…” she looked away. “I don’t know if I should go with you guys. I don’t have powers anymore, so I’d just get in the way.” She bit her lip.

"No! You can't stay here." His grip on her hand tightened, and he looked over at her, eyes wide.

“I’d just get in the way.” She blinked tears out of her eyes. 

"No, you wouldn't! If I'm going to try and remember what you told, me, you have to remember too. You're smart, you're kind... and you're probably the only thing keeping me from killing myself."

"No, you wouldn't! If I'm going to try and remember what you told, me, you have to remember too. You're smart, you're kind... and you're probably the only thing keeping me from killing myself."

She opened her mouth, then hesitated. “I guess… I don’t know. I’m just baggage wherever I go.”

She opened her mouth, then hesitated. “I guess… I don’t know. I’m just baggage wherever I go.”

He shook his head. "No, you aren't. That was selfish of me to say... you really are good to have around, and I'm sure Wynn and Lerac would agree."

He shook his head. "No, you aren't. That was selfish of me to say... you really are good to have around, and I'm sure Wynn and Lerac would agree."

“But I’m no good in a fight. I should have trained with a sword.” She sighed. “I’ll come, though, if you want me.”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“But I’m no good in a fight. I should have trained with a sword.” She sighed. “I’ll come, though, if you want me.”

"I won't let you get hurt. Please, come with us." His eyes darted to his dagger, with he had apparently Pulled to grab it as they left the room.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What if I end up needing it? Coins can run out pretty quickly. And I can pull any metal object straight to my chest, so taking it won't do anything."

“Okay, keep it.” She opened the door to her room, low key panicking. Just trust him. It’s fine, just trust him. 

"It's okay. Take it if it makes you feel better."

“No, you’re right. You might need it in a fight.” She went through her closet, which had been re-stacked with frilly clothes. With a sigh, she pulled out another tunic and pair of leggings, then shoved those into her bag. 

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“No, you’re right. You might need it in a fight.” She went through her closet, which had been re-stacked with frilly clothes. With a sigh, she pulled out another tunic and pair of leggings, then shoved those into her bag. 

"Really, it's alright. I didn't mean to upset you."