Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ranryu said:

Okay, that didn't work. Something seems wrong here... I've never seen Lerac like this.

"Hey," She held him tight. "I promise, I will never hate you. Please, try to take a deep breath. I'm worried about you."

He stayed as he was for a minute.

Finally, he pulled away, wiping his eyes again. "I was told... never to cry. My father always said it was a waste of time."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He stayed as he was for a minute.

Finally, he pulled away, wiping his eyes again. "I was told... never to cry. My father always said it was a waste of time."

She put her hand on his face. "Your father was wrong. About so many things. Crying isn't just okay, it's necessary."

Just now, Ranryu said:

She put her hand on his face. "Your father was wrong. About so many things. Crying isn't just okay, it's necessary."

He looked at her, expression returning to careful control. "I'm still trying to decide if I believe what you said earlier."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He looked at her, expression returning to careful control. "I'm still trying to decide if I believe what you said earlier."

"You don't have to believe me, if you really don't trust me. As I said, my actions will prove it."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Maybe I am. Only time will tell." Her expression was unreadable. "Come on, let's go find some food. I'm starved."

Lerac began walking back to the castle, still watching Wynn. "What do you think of me now, Wynn? Now that you've seen me have an emotional breakdown."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac began walking back to the castle, still watching Wynn. "What do you think of me now, Wynn? Now that you've seen me have an emotional breakdown."

She snorted. "You call that a breakdown? You'd have to do a lot more than cry to phase me." Still, she reached out and grabbed his hand.

Just now, Ranryu said:

She snorted. "You call that a breakdown? You'd have to do a lot more than cry to phase me." Still, she reached out and grabbed his hand.

Although he didn't seem to be focusing on it, the touch still flooded her with the warmth of healing energy, although it hadn't just before. "That's the most I've cried in... over a decade. Maybe more like twelve years."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Although he didn't seem to be focusing on it, the touch still flooded her with the warmth of healing energy, although it hadn't just before. "That's the most I've cried in... over a decade. Maybe more like twelve years."

"Good. That means your tears meant something." She said this firmly, as if it was what she had always believed.

Gotta go for the night. No more snow days.... Bye!

On 1/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I can't go invisible..." He wandered around a bit, looking at all the different foods. "You go ahead. I don't feel very hungry."

Haly helped herself to a lot of food, more than should have been able to fit in her bag. "I'm glad I have my clip, at least."

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Did you get into the palace okay? What was the king like? What was the palace like?"

"It was all pretty smooth sailing. Except when I went to steal the talisman, it was in the wrong place. Your ghost thing pointed me in the right direction."