Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

15 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

I mean why can't I feel your soul. I'll relay anything important you have to say, if you want--why risky?

My soul is innately connected to the Shadow Realm, along with... other forces. Shadows can wreak havoc on unprepared minds, and my... benefactor won't allow anyone to violate my mind or soul.

I should probably go as well. Bye!

Edited by Ranryu

20 hours ago, Ranryu said:

My soul is innately connected to the Shadow Realm, along with... other forces. Shadows can wreak havoc on unprepared minds, and my... benefactor won't allow anyone to violate my mind or soul.

I’m rather confused… but okay.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Great. But what about the thing that you wouldn't tell me? I can't imagine it's not relevant.

Relevant, yes. Important, no. Her hand hovered to her purse. I already TOLD you this. One more question, and I’ll fight you.

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Relevant, yes. Important, no. Her hand hovered to her purse. I already TOLD you this. One more question, and I’ll fight you.

Sure. Go ahead. Jeopardize this whole thing. Look, you've given me no good reason why I can't be told what these stakes are.

Sure. Go ahead. Jeopardize this whole thing. Look, you've given me no good reason why I can't be told what these stakes are.

She made a frustrated noise, then pulled out a Beacon and cupped it in her hands.

Excruciating pain tore through Lerac, particularly his soul if he can sense the difference. 

And dinner warning! Might be able to do one more first, but I’ll be back either way.

10 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

She made a frustrated noise, then pulled out a Beacon and cupped it in her hands.

Excruciating pain tore through Lerac, particularly his soul if he can sense the difference.

Lerac hissed, but did not let down. He leaped out, grabbing her shoulder and flooding her with healing to temporarily immobilize her.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

14 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac hissed, but did not let down. He leaped out, grabbing her shoulder and flooding her with healing to temporarily immobilize her.

She froze, then fell back, breaking contact. Her face twisted savagely and she forced more energy, enough to drop Lerac to the floor—the only problem being she buckled to her knees.

She froze, then fell back, breaking contact. Her face twisted savagely and she forced more energy, enough to drop Lerac to the floor—the only problem being she buckled to her knees.

Lerac fell, but quickly dragged himself over to Mitis and held his dagger to her throat.

Lerac fell, but quickly dragged himself over to Mitis and held his dagger to her throat.

With a grunt, she kicked at him weakly.

Haly, who had been frozen, ran over and dragged Lerac off of Mitis, then pried the Beacon out of her hands. “What are you doing!” 

The pain stopped. Mitis breathed deeply, faint. Too much energy. That was a mistake. She didn’t trust her legs to stand, so she stayed down.

With a grunt, she kicked at him weakly.

Haly, who had been frozen, ran over and dragged Lerac off of Mitis, then pried the Beacon out of her hands. “What are you doing!” 

The pain stopped. Mitis breathed deeply, faint. Too much energy. That was a mistake. She didn’t trust her legs to stand, so she stayed down.

Lerac grunted. "She attacked me."

Lerac grunted. "She attacked me."

Mitis groaned weakly. “Wouldn’t stop… talking.”

Haly looked around nervously. Essa stalked over and stood above Mitis, hands on her hips. “Well, we’re in a dangerous spot now! The one person who can reliably find places is now weak on the ground over a little spat! Thanks for endangering us all.”

Her heart sank. She’s right. I’ve messed it all up now. I’ve failed Haly. 

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Mitis groaned weakly. “Wouldn’t stop… talking.”

Haly looked around nervously. Essa stalked over and stood above Mitis, hands on her hips. “Well, we’re in a dangerous spot now! The one person who can reliably find places is now weak on the ground over a little spat! Thanks for endangering us all.”

Her heart sank. She’s right. I’ve messed it all up now. I’ve failed Haly. 

"You wouldn't give me an answer." Lerac stood up, shaken.

"You wouldn't give me an answer." Lerac stood up, shaken.

“You don’t… want to… know.” She clutched a bookshelf to stand up, legs and fingers quaking from the effort. “They’re coming now. They’ll attack any second. I’m sorry, Haly.”

“You don’t… want to… know.” She clutched a bookshelf to stand up, legs and fingers quaking from the effort. “They’re coming now. They’ll attack any second. I’m sorry, Haly.”

"Who? Will attack from where?" Lerac looked around.

TAAron had wordlessly approached Haly and grabbed her hand.

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Wynn prepared another Shadow portal. "Everyone, ready!"

This doesn't have to work if you don't want it to.

“People. The agents. Them.” Her fingers slipped and she fell. “Sorry, Lerac.”

"We have to be able to do something. Will you at least tell me whatever it is now? Or are you going to stay stubborn until we all die?"

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn prepared another Shadow portal. "Everyone, ready!"

Probably not.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"We have to be able to do something. Will you at least tell me whatever it is now? Or are you going to stay stubborn until we all die?"

“No,” was all she could manage. 

Then people entered the room, quietly, sidling in and standing around the perimeters. Mitis groaned. “Too… late.”

Then people entered the room, quietly, sidling in and standing around the perimeters. Mitis groaned. “Too… late.”

Lerac called out, "Who are you and why are you here?"

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Curses! Wynn readied herself for a fight.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac called out, "Who are you and why are you here?"

Essa backed away, panic on her face. Three agents grabbed her and dragged her off.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Curses! Wynn readied herself for a fight.

“We’re agents,” one of them replied. She was middle age, with electric orange eyes. “Here to restore the proper timeline.”

They should win this battle, knowing beforehand what they’re going to do.

Essa backed away, panic on her face. Three agents grabbed her and dragged her off.

“We’re agents,” one of them replied. She was middle age, with electric orange eyes. “Here to restore the proper timeline.”

Who should? The agents?

Lerac lunged forward with his dagger, making for Essa.

TAAron glanced around, panicked. "What should we do?"