Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron, unhinged, flared pewter to make the pain subside, then plunged both knives into the lead agent's chest.

Others grabbed him and pulled him away, toward Haly, Lerac, and Wynn. 

“TAAron…” Haly’s eyes were fearful. “What happened?”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Others grabbed him and pulled him away, toward Haly, Lerac, and Wynn. 

“TAAron…” Haly’s eyes were fearful. “What happened?”

Unless you really don't want her to be, that agent is probably dead.

The insanity in TAAron's eyes suddenly subsided, to be replaced by shock. "I... don't know."

The insanity in TAAron's eyes suddenly subsided, to be replaced by shock. "I... don't know."

That’s fine. 

“Are you… you’re going to be okay, though?”

The agents led them away to a cell. There were three different rooms in it, all impenetrable. Mitis was already there, still recovering in the corner. Essa was not.

Time to go… sorry. Bye!

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Wynn facepalmed. "The future isn't set in stone, she says. You can change it with willpower, she told me." Her tone was dripping with sarcasm. "TAAron, you better find a way to change what you're going to do. Don't do this to Haly."

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Are you… you’re going to be okay, though?”

The agents led them away to a cell. There were three different rooms in it, all impenetrable. Mitis was already there, still recovering in the corner. Essa was not.

"I have no idea." He looked horrified and ashamed.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn facepalmed. "The future isn't set in stone, she says. You can change it with willpower, she told me." Her tone was dripping with sarcasm. "TAAron, you better find a way to change what you're going to do. Don't do this to Haly."

"Do... to Haly? I..." He looked confused. "That wasn't willpower, that was electrum. And I don't know what came over me there, I just... I don't know."

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Rather prophetic, except for the best part of the villain arc is the redemption arc

"I have no idea." He looked horrified and ashamed.

"Do... to Haly? I..." He looked confused. "That wasn't willpower, that was electrum. And I don't know what came over me there, I just... I don't know."

"It wasn't willpower, you're right. You did exactly what was foreseen you would do, exactly what Malum wanted you to do. And in the end, Haly will pay for it in blood."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"It wasn't willpower, you're right. You did exactly what was foreseen you would do, exactly what Malum wanted you to do. And in the end, Haly will pay for it in blood."

But it wasn't foreseen...

"What? What do you mean?"

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What? What do you mean?"

A different method. Class sixes are involved.

Wynn tried to answer, but her mouth betrayed her. It took her a second to find words. "Advance carefully. There's only so much I can do on my own."

That's it for tonight. Bye.

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn tried to answer, but her mouth betrayed her. It took her a second to find words. "Advance carefully. There's only so much I can do on my own."

"Once we get out of this, we have to kill Malum. As soon as possible." TAAron now just looked afraid.

Lerac watched the conversation, expression unreadable.

14 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Once we get out of this, we have to kill Malum. As soon as possible." TAAron now just looked afraid.

Shark took this inopportune moment to return from whatever he'd been doing the last while. He had some blood and a dead mouse in his mouth. He then tossed it up into the air, threw his head back, and swallowed it. "Hi hi hi! What are we doing? Can I be important? I want to be importanter. More importanter than Haly's marshmallows are yummy!"

Edited by That1Cellist

14 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"That's the goal. Lerac's life depends on it."

30 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What?" TAAron looked very worried. "What are you going to do? And wouldn't we try to stop those agents first?"

"You don't understand." She made no move. "We can't escape. If we did, at least two of us would die. Just sit tight."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"How do you know that at least two of us would die?"

She gritted her teeth, trying to find words she was allowed to say. "I was shown. All the possibilities. And the one I'm going for requires us to wait a little bit longer."

Just now, Ranryu said:

She gritted her teeth, trying to find words she was allowed to say. "I was shown. All the possibilities. And the one I'm going for requires us to wait a little bit longer."

"Okay. And what about that whole... erasure of involvement thing?"

"Okay. And what about that whole... erasure of involvement thing?"

"It is... planned. These agents know what they're doing, but nobody can know everything. Here." She tossed him a tiny shard of Shadow, razor sharp.

Just now, Ranryu said:

"It is... planned. These agents know what they're doing, but nobody can know everything. Here." She tossed him a tiny shard of Shadow, razor sharp.

He grabbed it. "So you're saying, we can't stop it? And what is this?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He grabbed it. "So you're saying, we can't stop it? And what is this?"

"A marker. Cut yourself with it, then pass it to the others. Call it an insurance plan. I won't allow any of you to be erased."