Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Hmm. That’s super cool! I wonder what’s going on. Do you hear any voices in your head? What’s going on in there?”

"It's not cool." TAAron's voice sounded choked. "He should be dead. I grieved him.

"Anyways, it doesn't help anyone to have a person who can't see or hear controlling my body."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"It's not cool." TAAron's voice sounded choked. "He should be dead. I grieved him.

"Anyways, it doesn't help anyone to have a person who can't see or hear controlling my body."

Hay had not thought about it that way. “I get that. I guess. But isn’t it at least slightly cooler than him being dead?” 

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Hay had not thought about it that way. “I get that. I guess. But isn’t it at least slightly cooler than him being dead?” 

"That's hardly a bright side of he's still stuck in interdimensional space."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

This confused Haly. He was alive, wasn’t he? Why didn’t that make TAAron happy? 

“I don’t understand.”

"He's alive! Great! But he's been trapped in interdimensional space for five years, I wasn't able to do anything about it, and now we're stuck in this situation, and I can't even talk to him!" The frustration and pain in his voice was very evident.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"He's alive! Great! But he's been trapped in interdimensional space for five years, I wasn't able to do anything about it, and now we're stuck in this situation, and I can't even talk to him!" The frustration and pain in his voice was very evident.

“Oh.” Haly scuffed the sort with a shoe. “I get it now. Sorry.”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Oh.” Haly scuffed the sort with a shoe. “I get it now. Sorry.”

"That's okay. It's a... unique situation." Suddenly, he went from sitting dejected on the floor to standing up, surprised. "I can move again!"

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"That's okay. It's a... unique situation." Suddenly, he went from sitting dejected on the floor to standing up, surprised. "I can move again!"

“That’s good.” Haly pulled a taco out of her bag and blinked at it. How’d that get there? Oh well, I am hungry. She took a bite of it. “Moving is a very important thing to be able to do.”

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Does that mean we lost contact with Tristan?" Wynn asked

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“That’s good.” Haly pulled a taco out of her bag and blinked at it. How’d that get there? Oh well, I am hungry. She took a bite of it. “Moving is a very important thing to be able to do.”

"And Tristan is gone..."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Does that mean we lost contact with Tristan?" Wynn asked

"Yeah. I guess so." His eyes began tearing up, although he quickly tried to hide it.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"And Tristan is gone..."

"Yeah. I guess so." His eyes began tearing up, although he quickly tried to hide it.

“I’m sorry,” Haly said softly. “It must be awful to find him and not be able to talk to him.”

“I’m sorry,” Haly said softly. “It must be awful to find him and not be able to talk to him.”

"Thanks... for caring," he said awkwardly. "What now, then?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Thanks... for caring. What now, then?"

“We need to get your soul fixed. Then, we go get Tristan. There’s definitely a way, if all of us have been in and out. With Nameless and Wynn and Ranryu, we should be able to find him.” She took a deep breath. “We won’t stop trying.”

“We need to get your soul fixed. Then, we go get Tristan. There’s definitely a way, if all of us have been in and out. With Nameless and Wynn and Ranryu, we should be able to find him.” She took a deep breath. “We won’t stop trying.”

"No, I'll do it. It's too dangerous. You could get hurt."

At this, Lerac raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"No, I'll do it. It's too dangerous. You could get hurt."

At this, Lerac raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

Haly sighed in exasperation. “We’ve had this argument, like, three times. I’m helping. You’re not getting rid of me—us, I mean.”

Haly sighed in exasperation. “We’ve had this argument, like, three times. I’m helping. You’re not getting rid of me—us, I mean.”

"We can talk about it if and when we get out of the tower, then." He began walking into the forest. "I... need a break. I'll be back in a few minutes, assuming I don't get eaten or something."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"We can talk about it if and when we get out of the tower, then." He began walking into the forest. "I... need a break. I'll be back in a few minutes, assuming I don't get eaten or something."

“Don’t ditch us.” Haly sat down on a rock and pulled a small bit of a blanket out of her bag. Soft and slightly fluffy, it has been ripped from a much larger piece. 

“Don’t ditch us.” Haly sat down on a rock and pulled a small bit of a blanket out of her bag. Soft and slightly fluffy, it has been ripped from a much larger piece. 

As TAAron left, Lerac made his way over to Haly. "That was interesting."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I'm sure he does. He also definitely cares about you. Didn't you say he never said anything?"

“Oh. Um. He’s just like that. I mean… wait, you think that’s…” Haly was very confused and half blushing and half wanting to hide inside a marshmallow castle to avoid this conversation. 

I, however, will certainly not let her do anything so disappointing.

“Oh. Um. He’s just like that. I mean… wait, you think that’s…” Haly was very confused and half blushing and half wanting to hide inside a marshmallow castle to avoid this conversation. 

"I don't know. What do you really think?"

Wynn watched Haly and Lerac converse from a distance. Her duel disk lit up with soft purple light.

Hey kid. Can I borrow your deck for a bit?

Kind of in the middle of something. 

So am I. Come on, please? I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important.

Fine. I'm not letting you have my runner again, though.

Thanks! I promise you won't regret this!

I already do.

A shadowy rip in the air appeared, a gray hand grabbing Wynn's cards and disappearing.

Great. Now all I have is Kuriboh and my Shadow Magic. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I don't know. What do you really think?"

“I… don’t know what I think. He’s amazing, that’s all. I know I… like him, to put it bluntly. He’s my friend, though, and I don’t want to lose that. ” Haly stared at the ground, redder than a reindeer’s nose.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I… don’t know what I think. He’s amazing, that’s all. I know I… like him, to put it bluntly. He’s my friend, though, and I don’t want to lose that. ” Haly stared at the ground, redder than a reindeer’s nose.

"Alright. Guide me through your thinking here. What do you think would happen if you told him, assuming he doesn't share the feeling?"