Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Ah. Well now I wish I had poked myself with a bendalloy spike."

"I suppose I could always see if I could find one. I might be able to steal that guy's luck, come to think of it." Nameless shrugged. "Anyways, the Aelfinn and Eelfinn can't be harmed by anything other than iron or fire, and they have hypnotic powers and stuff. Our goal is the Chamber of Bonds. Once we get there, we can make a deal for your healing."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"I suppose I could always see if I could find one. I might be able to steal that guy's luck, come to think of it." Nameless shrugged. "Anyways, the Aelfinn and Eelfinn can't be harmed by anything other than iron or fire, and they have hypnotic powers and stuff. Our goal is the Chamber of Bonds. Once we get there, we can make a deal for your healing."

"Wait, a deal? So like, a trade? What will we be offering?"

"Wait, a deal? So like, a trade? What will we be offering?"

"Yes, well. I thought of that already." Nameless ruffled in his pack, pulling out a red gemstone. On his touch, it glowed faintly. "This is a Dreamstone. Extremely valuable, and highly valued by the Finn. We can trade this for your healing."

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Yes, well. I thought of that already." Nameless ruffled in his pack, pulling out a red gemstone. On his touch, it glowed faintly. "This is a Dreamstone. Extremely valuable, and highly valued by the Finn. We can trade this for your healing."

He exhaled. "Oh, good. I though it would be a blood sacrifice or something. So, how are we going to enter this tower?"

35 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly quietly dug around in a pack. Where did it go? I could have sworn I brought it… she sat back on her heels. Curses. O’taslin turgan. I can’t believe this.

TAAron, picking up on some of her frustration, asked, "What is it, Haly?

TAAron, picking up on some of her frustration, asked, "What is it, Haly?

“I can’t find my… thing. I forgot what it’s called.” She sighed and dumped everything in the pack onto the ground, staring at the assorted jumble of items. “But I can’t find it.”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I can’t find my… thing. I forgot what it’s called.” She sighed and dumped everything in the pack onto the ground, staring at the assorted jumble of items. “But I can’t find it.”

"Your thing? What, your sequin?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No… oh! I named it Sblaph. My invisibility pin thing.” She dig around some more, then shoved everything back into the pack.

"Oh, right. Was that what the sequin was for? I can barely remember, it seems so long ago... So, where do you think you might have left it?"

"Oh, right. Was that what the sequin was for? I can barely remember, it seems so long ago... So, where do you think you might have left it?"

“The sequin got me the invisibility pin. I traded it with that guy.” She ran her fingers probingly her hair. “I don’t know. All my other stuff is here.”

Hang on. She reached into the pack again. 

Everything?

She laughed, covering her mouth with a hand, genuinely excited. “It’s gone!”

“The sequin got me the invisibility pin. I traded it with that guy.” She ran her fingers probingly her hair. “I don’t know. All my other stuff is here.”

Hang on. She reached into the pack again. 

Everything?

She laughed, covering her mouth with a hand, genuinely excited. “It’s gone!”

Nameless leaned towards TAAron and whispered. "I think she's gone crazy."

19 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly stood up and looked around eagerly. “My brother gave me a marble sphere, a big one. He said I wouldn’t lose it until he came back. He’s close, really close!” She shivered in anticipation. 

TAAron was taken aback. "You have a brother?" Since when?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron was taken aback. "You have a brother?" Since when?"

She blinked at him. “Since forever. Three brothers, five sisters. Several are adopted. They’re…” she looked at the ground, sort of embarrassed. “Some of them are nicer than others.

”What category would fit into?” A woman several years older than Haly appeared out of nowhere, holding the invisibility pin in her hand. There was no glimmer of humor in her face.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She blinked at him. “Since forever. Three brothers, five sisters. Several are adopted. They’re…” she looked at the ground, sort of embarrassed. “Some of them are nicer than others.

”What category would fit into?” A woman several years older than Haly appeared out of nowhere, holding the invisibility pin in her hand. There was no glimmer of humor in her face.

Nameless jumped, looking at the woman in surprise. "You're Haly's sister?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

"I don't mean literally. I just mean, you never told me."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

TAAron spun to face the woman, the aciton making him gasp in pain, then stumble and fall.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless jumped, looking at the woman in surprise. "You're Haly's sister?"

She nodded, eyes still locked on Haly. Mouth drawn firmly, one eyebrow held an inquisitive arch as she waited for Haly to reply.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I don't mean literally. I just mean, you never told me."

TAAron spun to face the woman, the aciton making him gasp in pain, then stumble and fall.

“Sykel,” Haly squeaked. “Um… nice to see you. Really… nice.” She swallowed.

Sykel sighed and tossed the pin carelessly to Haly, who barely caught it. “Nice to see you too, Evalyn.”

”Haly,” she corrected in a small voice.

Sykel made a noise of indifference.

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

She nodded, eyes still locked on Haly. Mouth drawn firmly, one eyebrow held an inquisitive arch as she waited for Haly to reply.

“Sykel,” Haly squeaked. “Um… nice to see you. Really… nice.” She swallowed.

Sykel sighed and tossed the pin carelessly to Haly, who barely caught it. “Nice to see you too, Evalyn.”

”Haly,” she corrected in a small voice.

Sykel made a noise of indifference.

"Alright," TAAron began, voice strained as he stood back up. "Why are you here?"

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly rushed over to support him.

”I’m here for my sister,” Sykel replied.

"That much is obvious. What do you plan on doing with her?" TAAron leaned awkwardly on Haly, knees shaking slightly.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"That much is obvious. What do you plan on doing with her?" TAAron leaned awkwardly on Haly, knees shaking slightly.

Shark did not like this newcomer. "Badguy! Badguy! Badguy off evilness! Evil badguy of evilly evilness!" Then, ears flattened back in aggression, he ran forward to attack Sykel. "I will defeat you because I am a ferocious rabbit and you are very evil!"

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Sorry, she's busy. Come back in a month or two."

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

She gave a single laugh, a ‘ha!’ “I’m not malicious. We need her… abilities.”

Just now, Ookla the Unknowing said:

Shark did not like this newcomer. "Badguy! Badguy! Badguy off evilness! Evil badguy of evilly evilness!" Then, ears flattened back in aggression, he ran forward to attack Sykel. "I will defeat you because I am a ferocious rabbit and you are very evil!"

”I’m not bad, bunny.”

She gave a single laugh, a ‘ha!’ “I’m not malicious. We need her… abilities.”

”I’m not bad, bunny.”

TAAron paused for a moment, clenching and unclenching his fists. Finally, he turned to Haly. "Maybe you should go with her. That way you won't get hurt in the Tower."