Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Oh, interesting. And... The price?

Tors then spoke to Wynn.

So how do you feel about... Haly and TAAron?

I'm happy for them. Wynn replied. This has been building for some time. Hopefully their relationship doesn't hinder the goal of our mission, though. Neither of them seem like the type to be so easily distracted, but when it comes to romance, you never know.

Wynn adjusted her duel disk wistfully. Have you seen any cards lying around?

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

I'm happy for them. Wynn replied. This has been building for some time. Hopefully their relationship doesn't hinder the goal of our mission, though. Neither of them seem like the type to be so easily distracted, but when it comes to romance, you never know.

Wynn adjusted her duel disk wistfully. Have you seen any cards lying around?

Interesting. Didn't you mention having some similar interest in TAAron before? Do you feel differently now? How often do such feeling change? Is it-

Tors stopped, as if catching herself from rambling too much further.

I don't think I've seen any cards, no.

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

I’m not sure. I figured it- well, it might be enough if I gave them my ability to channel.

You mean your magic? You can give them that? Although, I don't think you should. It is a very useful ability.

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Interesting. Didn't you mention having some similar interest in TAAron before? Do you feel differently now? How often do such feeling change? Is it-

Tors stopped, as if catching herself from rambling too much further.

I don't think I've seen any cards, no.

Wynn smiled tiredly.

I never had it bad like Haly did. My interest was mostly to give her some competition- encouragement without being as blunt as Lerac. And besides, I'm not looking for a relationship right now. There's not enough of me left for that level of emotion.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn smiled tiredly.

I never had it bad like Haly did. My interest was mostly to give her some competition- encouragement without being as blunt as Lerac. And besides, I'm not looking for a relationship right now. There's not enough of me left for that level of emotion.

Enough of you left? What do you mean by that?

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

You mean your magic? You can give them that? Although, I don't think you should. It is a very useful ability.

I wouldn't say 'give it to them'. I already told you they can feed off human emotions, but I didn't tell you that they can feed on a channeler's ability to use the One Power as well. And if that's what it'll take to save TAAron, I'm willing to give it.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

I wouldn't say 'give it to them'. I already told you they can feed off human emotions, but I didn't tell you that they can feed on a channeler's ability to use the One Power as well. And if that's what it'll take to save TAAron, I'm willing to give it.

You seem very dedicated to saving TAAron, and that is very kind of you. But... I think I might be the one to make the sacrifice.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

And what would we do when Malum attacks? Your magic seems to be the only thing that frightens him.

The trident would probably retain its ability to harm him. It just would lose... me.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

So you'd give up your life? Wouldn't it be better for me to just give up my powers?

I hardly have a life. I already failed my mission to protect the world I came from. The least I can do is make a sacrifice for one of its few survivors.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Enough of you left? What do you mean by that?

Enough soul... I'm not like mortals, with their firm, near-unbreakable souls. My soul is easily fragmented, and it slowly grows back over time. For most of my kind, this makes little difference until after death. My Shadow Magic deals in the bargaining of souls to the Shadow Realm. I use bits of my own soul... my memory. But I haven't had time to regenerate recently. Without regular energy baths, my healing ability is greatly slowed. It's been centuries...

Wynn pulled herself together.

You're having two conversations at once, aren't you?

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

I hardly have a life. I already failed my mission to protect the world I came from. The least I can do is make a sacrifice for one of its few survivors.

Perhaps the least you can do is stay alive long enough to save other worlds from the same fate.

Enough soul... I'm not like mortals, with their firm, near-unbreakable souls. My soul is easily fragmented, and it slowly grows back over time. For most of my kind, this makes little difference until after death. My Shadow Magic deals in the bargaining of souls to the Shadow Realm. I use bits of my own soul... my memory. But I haven't had time to regenerate recently. Without regular energy baths, my healing ability is greatly slowed. It's been centuries...

Then, why are you on this mission instead of regenerating?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn pulled herself together.

You're having two conversations at once, aren't you?

Yes, how did you know?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Perhaps the least you can do is stay alive long enough to save other worlds from the same fate.

Malum is the only one with access to those... unique tools. I was created for the express purpose of dealing with Malum. I would likely be of little help otherwise.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

Then, why are you on this mission instead of regenerating?

Yes, how did you know?

The only working energy bath is... inaccessible at the moment. I didn't remember this in full until recently. A... friend helped jog my memory. Besides, my condition isn't critical and shouldn't be unless I'm forced to use massive amounts of Shadow Magic with no alternate trade to make.

I could tell by your slightly distracted tone.

The only working energy bath is... inaccessible at the moment. I didn't remember this in full until recently. A... friend helped jog my memory. Besides, my condition isn't critical and shouldn't be unless I'm forced to use massive amounts of Shadow Magic with no alternate trade to make.

I could tell by your slightly distracted tone.

Well, yes, I'm talking to Nameless. Why do you ask?

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly stepped through as well, wishing she had a sword. “Okay. Let’s go.”

TAAron looked over at her nervously. "Um, alright. Was your sister coming?"

Hello again, Haly. I heard that you and TAAron had a... discussion?

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron looked over at her nervously. "Um, alright. Was your sister coming?"

Hello again, Haly. I heard that you and TAAron had a... discussion?

Sykel glided in with an eye roll. “I’m right here.”

Thanks for the reminder XD

Oh, uh… yeah. Yes we did. Haly smiled. It was sad and then awesome and stuff. 

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Sykel glided in with an eye roll. “I’m right here.”

Oh, uh… yeah. Yes we did. Haly smiled. It was sad and then awesome and stuff. 

Why purple text? If you want to have a different color for communication with Tors that's fine. You might want to go for a different color, though, since Ranryu has a mind-speaking character that uses purple text.

"Okay, just checking." TAAron looked at Sykel distrustfully.

Lerac, on the other hand, went right up to the woman. "You're Haly's sister? Nice to meet you." He reached out to shake her hand, smiling jovially.

Sad? Why would it be sad? And then awesome? That doesn't seem to fit together... never mind. I shouldn't be asking so many questions.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Okay, just checking." TAAron looked at Sykel distrustfully.

Lerac, on the other hand, went right up to the woman. "You're Haly's sister? Nice to meet you." He reached out to shake her hand, smiling jovially.

Sad? Why would it be sad? And then awesome? That doesn't seem to fit together... never mind. I shouldn't be asking so many questions.

Oh I forgot! That’s true XD

Purples the best color so now I’m sad :( 

Sykel stared at him flatly for about three seconds before she shook it. It was a brief shake. 

[I’ll go back to italics and add brackets]

{He didn’t believe me at first. Then he thought is was a dream. Then he believed me.}

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Sykel stared at him flatly for about three seconds before she shook it. It was a brief shake. 

[I’ll go back to italics and add brackets]

{He didn’t believe me at first. Then he thought is was a dream. Then he believed me.}

The mischievous grin came to Lerac's face again. "So. What motivates you?"

Oh. And based on your reaction, I can assume the feeling was mutual. Well, good for the both of you. Bonum knows that boy could use some more love in his life. He told me about his time before coming to the Clinic, and well... it wasn't the best experience. It seems that since he lost Tristan and his home world, he lost some of himself as well.