Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Well there goes potential information. I didn't know they'd fall asleep that quickly. What now, Nameless?"

"Keep walking? Hopefully they'll keep trying to trick us, for a while."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Hurry up,” Sykel snapped, dropping the lyre as if it were a scorpion. “Let’s get the chasms out of here.”

"Not possible now, I'm afraid!" Nameless grinned, gesturing to the walls. "We're stuck now! Unless we negotiate a way out, that is."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Keep walking? Hopefully they'll keep trying to trick us, for a while."

"Not possible now, I'm afraid!" Nameless grinned, gesturing to the walls. "We're stuck now! Unless we negotiate a way out, that is."

“I can get us through,” Haly offered.

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

"The walls aren't keeping us in here. We're in an entirely different dimension."

"So, let's just try to get to the important chamber as quickly as we can, and we can work out how to get out after that. Is there trigger that would allow us to get further up?"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Great. Let's speedrun this and fix TAAron's soul ASAP."

Wynn looked distracted.

What's the problem?

Tors had apparently noticed her distraction.

Ninja'd sort of :ph34r:

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"So, let's just try to get to the important chamber as quickly as we can, and we can work out how to get out after that. Is there trigger that would allow us to get further up?"

"Up? I dunno. As I said, space is weird here. If we turned around right now, we'd probably find our way to a completely new location."

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly cocked her head. “Are there a bunch of different dimensions throughout? Would walking through walls do anything useful?”

"It wouldn't. We're stuck in this dimension until we negotiate a way out."

“What’s up, Wynn?”

What's the problem?

Tors had apparently noticed her distraction.

"Ah, nothing." She looked down.

Wynn is having internal conflict. On one hand, she's a Celtic fairy- last living of her kind. On the other hand, she's a teenager who loves technology and dueling. This will come back later.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Up? I dunno. As I said, space is weird here. If we turned around right now, we'd probably find our way to a completely new location."

"It wouldn't. We're stuck in this dimension until we negotiate a way out."

"So how do we plan on making progress? Is it just trial and error?"

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Pretty much. We can sprinkle iron dust whenever we turn around, so we know where we've been."

"Well, let's get go-" He cut off, and for the third time in the past few hours, TAAron collapsed to the ground, shaking with agony.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Well, let's get go-" He cut off, and for the third time in the past few hours, TAAron collapsed to the ground, shaking with agony.

Haly dropped down next to him, worried. “Get up. You have to get up! Come on. Just a little longer,” she begged. “You’ll be okay. Please, don’t die.”

Sykel rolled her eyes and gave Lerac a ‘see?’ look.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly dropped down next to him, worried. “Get up. You have to get up! Come on. Just a little longer,” she begged. “You’ll be okay. Please, don’t die.”

Sykel rolled her eyes and gave Lerac a ‘see?’ look.

Lerac, on the other hand, looked relatively serious.

TAAron coughed weakly, clutching Haly's hand. "Wasn't... planning on it." Slowly, gingerly, he pushed himself up to a seated position. "That's going to be a problem, isn't it?"

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac, on the other hand, looked relatively serious.

TAAron coughed weakly, clutching Haly's hand. "Wasn't... planning on it." Slowly, gingerly, he pushed himself up to a seated position. "That's going to be a problem, isn't it?"

Haly nodded, worry creasing her forehead. “You shouldn’t be walking. But what else can we do?” She sighed, dragging her hands down her face. 

Haly nodded, worry creasing her forehead. “You shouldn’t be walking. But what else can we do?” She sighed, dragging her hands down her face. 

"Please, don't work yourself up over this. There's nothing we can do about it except keep moving." He stood up on slightly shaky legs, still gripping her hand tightly.

"Please, don't work yourself up over this. There's nothing we can do about it except keep moving." He stood up on slightly shaky legs, still gripping her hand tightly.

She moved to support him with her shoulder. “I know, and that’s the worst part.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She moved to support him with her shoulder. “I know, and that’s the worst part.”

Time for some more Malum hehe. It's a weaker form of control that the other times, but it's lingering from their last encounter.

Suddenly, TAAron's posture stiffened. He released her hand and stood away from her. He looked at her, eyes taking on an unfamiliar expression. "I'm sorry, Haly. I didn't really mean it when I said... what I said. I just didn't want to hurt your feelings in the moment." His tone was completely sterile.

Suddenly, TAAron's posture stiffened. He released her hand and stood away from her. He looked at her, eyes taking on an unfamiliar expression. "I'm sorry, Haly. I didn't really mean it when I said... what I said. I just didn't want to hurt your feelings in the moment." His tone was completely sterile.

Her heart fell. “No time for this,” she quivered. “Later. Come on. Let’s go.”