Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Right? What's right about that?"

“I… don’t know. I didn’t think it was… it just felt…” Haly wasn’t sure how to explain. It wasn’t her Harmony—she hadn’t heard that since Edmund’s kingdom, for some reason. But it certainly wasn’t her. “I don’t know. Nothing’s right about it. It just seemed to fit.”

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I… don’t know. I didn’t think it was… it just felt…” Haly wasn’t sure how to explain. It wasn’t her Harmony—she hadn’t heard that since Edmund’s kingdom, for some reason. But it certainly wasn’t her. “I don’t know. Nothing’s right about it. It just seemed to fit.”

"Well, he's a liar. Don't listen to him. I..." He blinked, tears forming to his eyes. In a near-whisper, he continued. "I love you, Haly. Just know that."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Well, he's a liar. Don't listen to him. I..." He blinked, tears forming to his eyes. In a near-whisper, he continued. "I love you, Haly. Just know that."

The words sunk into her stomach, and she took them in slowly. Tears came to her eyes, and with them the swirling, disappointed storm rose up eagerly, stoking her uncertainty. “But what if you’re still Malum? What if you’re lying?” She whispered. 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

The words sunk into her stomach, and she took them in slowly. Tears came to her eyes, and with them the swirling, disappointed storm rose up eagerly, stoking her uncertainty. “But what if you’re still Malum? What if you’re lying?” She whispered. 

"I'm not! Why would you think that?" He looked hurt. "How do I convince you?"

"I'm not! Why would you think that?" He looked hurt. "How do I convince you?"

She searched her feelings, mildly surprised that she didn’t see a way to change them. “I don’t know. I… think mind believes you, but the rest of me…”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She searched her feelings, mildly surprised that she didn’t see a way to change them. “I don’t know. I… think mind believes you, but the rest of me…”

What? Is something weird going on?

TAAron looked conflicted. "There has to be some way I can prove to you..."

What? Is something weird going on?

TAAron looked conflicted. "There has to be some way I can prove to you..."

“I… don’t think it’s like that.” Haly placed a hand on her chest as if to feel at her disrupted emotions. “It’s fine. I believe you.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I… don’t think it’s like that.” Haly placed a hand on her chest as if to feel at her disrupted emotions. “It’s fine. I believe you.”

"Then why are you still acting weird? Is something else wrong?"

Mmm. The Parting Glass in the Loch, and every Sidhe come to watch. 

Wynn mentally shook herself. Stay focused. Important things are happening. This is no time to go insane like Ranryu.

"I hate to interrupt, but we really don't have time to sit around and talk about this. Does anyone have like a way to shield him from Malum or something?"

"No, there is something. I can feel it, remember?"

“I don’t… know what it is. Let’s just focus on getting your soul back. Like Wynn says.”

Ninjad :D 

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I don’t… know what it is. Let’s just focus on getting your soul back. Like Wynn says.”

TAAron looked at her worriedly, but apparently chose not to pursue it further. "So, what am I supposed to do when I'm bound up?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No, it was… you were talking to Nameless. I wasn’t really paying attention.”

"Then why...?" He was avoiding eye contact with her now, apparently uncomfortable with the situation.