Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"It keeps getting worse. And you probably can't, if this is really the god you were talking about."

Not being able to help Lerac hurt worse than the pain itself had.

"How is he doing it? If we know that, maybe we can block him or something."

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Not being able to help Lerac hurt worse than the pain itself had.

"How is he doing it? If we know that, maybe we can block him or something."

He does it the same way I do it. He can bike to people. Anyone from our world can, actually, but he has an easier time of it that, say, TAAron would. As far as I know, there's nothing physically you could do to stop him. He can't get in unless you let him, but he can make it hurt.

"I'm fine, I just need to... Ahhh."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

He does it the same way I do it. He can bike to people. Anyone from our world can, actually, but he has an easier time of it that, say, TAAron would. As far as I know, there's nothing physically you could do to stop him. He can't get in unless you let him, but he can make it hurt.

"I'm fine, I just need to... Ahhh."

Hmmm... A different solution is needed then.

"Lerac, are you okay?"

Wynn's mind raced, trying to come up with another solution.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Hmmm... A different solution is needed then.

"Lerac, are you okay?"

Wynn's mind raced, trying to come up with another solution.

You would have to interrupt his concentration or disturb him in the spiritual sense.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going to sit down, I think."

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

You would have to interrupt his concentration or disturb him in the spiritual sense.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going to sit down, I think."

Nameless frowned. "Why's he going after Lerac? Does he just think the guy's too weak-willed or something?"

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

Nameless frowned. "Why's he going after Lerac? Does he just think the guy's too weak-willed or something?"

No. It's probably to send a message. Just before all of this, Wynn threatened to gag him. He wants to remind us of what he is, his power.

"You all just go. I'll handle it." Lerac was seated against the wall, apparently trying his hardest not to display his pain.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

No. It's probably to send a message. Just before all of this, Wynn threatened to gag him. He wants to remind us of what he is, his power.

"You all just go. I'll handle it." Lerac was seated against the wall, apparently trying his hardest not to display his pain.

"Why is everyone here determined to get themselves killed? If we leave you, the Finn will kill you."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Yeah, well don't. I'd hate to stab you again."

"He says he what has TAAron. And stabbing wouldn't help." Lerac shrugged weakly. "I don't know what to do. Any ideas?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Just remember, if you let Malum take you over, I won't hesitate to murder you."

If Lerac got taken over it works be the same situation as with TAAron.

"Seems a little... intense, don't you think?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Nothing like a little fear of death to keep your willpower up!"

"Don't you need a healer, though?" Lerac laughed weakly. "He says it's not going to end."

It will, eventually. It might be too late for Lerac, though. We need to intervene somehow.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Don't you need a healer, though?" Lerac laughed weakly. "He says it's not going to end."

It will, eventually. It might be too late for Lerac, though. We need to intervene somehow.

"I'm a perfectly good healer, thank you very much. And don't worry, it will." Do you have any idea how to do that? Because I don't.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"I'm a perfectly good healer, thank you very much. And don't worry, it will." Do you have any idea how to do that? Because I don't.

Well, at least part of his self is present here. We can't physically interact with him but, but if we had some way to interact with him spiritually, so to speak...

"I'm... More consistent. Too bad I'll probably sure either way."

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Well, at least part of his self is present here. We can't physically interact with him but, but if we had some way to interact with him spiritually, so to speak...

"I'm... More consistent. Too bad I'll probably sure either way."

"Are you? Because before you came along, I was healing everyone just fine." I am not going to go into the world of dreams.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

You should only need to distract him.

This might be a good time to introduce Sykel’s abilities. She can do a lot of things with music and sounds and stuff. It’s really abstract, might be able to help, but if so probably only a little, because it’s… well… Malum. 

The catch: she will not volunteer to sing. For anyone. For any reason. Haly sometimes can cajole her though.

So yep! 

[I can do that,] Haly mentally volunteered. [What sort of distraction?]

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

I'm not sure. Just try something.

[Okay!] 

Haly felt happy about that. Maybe unnaturally happy. She’d planned to turn into wind chimes or throw marshmallows or something, but she sensed that there was something else she could do. She straightened her arms horizontally, palms down, and reached for the tingling everpresent under the skin of her fingers.

Water gushed around her, flooding the hallway. For a fraction of a second, Haly was disappointed. 

But then the remaining liquid on the floor—for water it was not—thrust out flames, flames to leap up and lock the ceiling, flames to whirl and dance until it found something to devour. The disappointment vanished, leaving a sense of pleasure.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

[Okay!] 

Haly felt happy about that. Maybe unnaturally happy. She’d planned to turn into wind chimes or throw marshmallows or something, but she sensed that there was something else she could do. She straightened her arms horizontally, palms down, and reached for the tingling everpresent under the skin of her fingers.

Water gushed around her, flooding the hallway. For a fraction of a second, Haly was disappointed. 

But then the remaining liquid on the floor—for water it was not—thrust out flames, flames to leap up and lock the ceiling, flames to whirl and dance until it found something to devour. The disappointment vanished, leaving a sense of pleasure.

What... Did you miss where I specified that nothing physical would work?