Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

24 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Her stomach twisted at his face. She didn’t like seeing him look like that. “I don’t! If I die, they’ll just put somebody else on the throne—Cjehu maybe.”

"Well, it's just that. I won't let you die. So if you get involved in danger, I will too."

"Hm. After the Tower, I suppose."

Ahead of the group, the Finn walked past a doorway, into a room filled with shadows.

"Should we follow them then?" TAAron asked.

@Ookla the Untitled

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

"Yeah, probably." Nameless drew in saidin, summoning a ball of light. "Don't worry. If they attack, I should be able to take them. Fireballs are easy enough."

"Alright." TAAron's went forward into the darkness.

21 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly followed, holding the dagger out with one hand and fingering her lighter in her pocket with the other.

TAAron waited get her to approach, the grasped her hand. "Ready to die?" He laughed softly and darkly.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She winced, then glared at him, her smile dissolving into hate. “Yes. Yes, very much. Does that surprise you?”

"Not particularly. But it's good to know I have an easy way to get two of you at once. Endanger one, wait for the other to come running, and there." He twisted it further.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Not particularly. But it's good to know I have an easy way to get two of you at once. Endanger one, wait for the other to come running, and there." He twisted it further.

“Good to know you know.” She winced again. “Stop.” 

Sykel began taking an interest on the conversation.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Good to know you know.” She winced again. “Stop.” 

Sykel began taking an interest on the conversation.

"If only... If only I could just take this dagger..." He unsheathed the dagger at his side. "And stab you with it." All the while he did not release the grip. 

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“You can try,” she challenged. “Go ahead.”

"I cannot. But I can do this, apparently." He cut a thin scratch along the inside of his own arm. Re-sheathing the dagger, he faced forward. "Ready to go, little halcyon?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I cannot. But I can do this, apparently." He cut a thin scratch along the inside of his own arm. Re-sheathing the dagger, he faced forward. "Ready to go, little halcyon?"

She clenched her jaw and pulled away, hard. “Stop. Don’t call me that.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She clenched her jaw and pulled away, hard. “Stop. Don’t call me that.”

"Alright." He stepped back and bright the dagger out again, bringing it up to his own neck until the blade barely touched his skin. It stopped there. "Not quite. Not yet. But soon, halcyon. Not too much longer."

"Alright." He stepped back and bright the dagger out again, bringing it up to his own neck until the blade barely touched his skin. It stopped there. "Not quite. Not yet. But soon, halcyon. Not too much longer."

She grabbed for it. “Don’t! And don’t call me that!”

She grabbed for it. “Don’t! And don’t call me that!”

He jerked back to be out of her reach, the sudden motion making a shallow scrape on his neck. "Careful, little halcyon. That word really strikes a nerve, doesn't it?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

He jerked back to be out of her reach, the sudden motion making a shallow scrape on his neck. "Careful, little halcyon. That word really strikes a nerve, doesn't it?"

A muscle twitched in her jaw. “I’ll kill you for that.” An unhealthy amount of anger was gleefully rising in her chest, waiting for an outlet, a reason.

A muscle twitched in her jaw. “I’ll kill you for that.” An unhealthy amount of anger was gleefully rising in her chest, waiting for an outlet, a reason.

"Sure! Go ahead! Just give my hand a little shove, that's all it'll take. Go on, be a good little halcyon."

"Sure! Go ahead! Just give my hand a little shove, that's all it'll take. Go on, be a good little halcyon."

She growled, wrenched the dagger out of his grip, and stalked to the other side of the group, fingering the keen edge of the blade.

She growled, wrenched the dagger out of his grip, and stalked to the other side of the group, fingering the keen edge of the blade.

"You know, maybe all of those people you tried to protect won't have died if you had a better handle on your emotions."