Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

7 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Don't listen to him. More fire."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“It’s too unstable, Nameless! And mister I’m-gonna-kill-you-all won’t hesitate to see it as an advantage!

"Quick! Make your decision, halcyon, we're running out of time." He cracked a wicked smile.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“It’s too unstable, Nameless! And mister I’m-gonna-kill-you-all won’t hesitate to see it as an advantage!

"If you don't make a large fire now the Finn will kill us all!"

The Finn were now clearly visible in the light of the torches, dozens of the surrounding the group, weapons gleaming.

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“QUIT CALLING ME THAT!”

Aaaaaand fire. Again. 

She gloried in the rush, the power! Oh, she could do more. She felt certain she could do more. Release it all, all the power at once. How glorious would that be? Oh, how glorious!

TAAron began walking towards the fire as though to enter it. He jolted to a halt right before he reached it. Slowly, he began reaching to touch it. "Yes, halcyon, keep it going."

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"If you don't make a large fire now the Finn will kill us all!"

The Finn were now clearly visible in the light of the torches, dozens of the surrounding the group, weapons gleaming.

Lerac raised his weapon threateningly at the group. "Back off!"

4 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“QUIT CALLING ME THAT!”

Aaaaaand fire. Again. 

She gloried in the rush, the power! Oh, she could do more. She felt certain she could do more. Release it all, all the power at once. How glorious would that be? Oh, how glorious!

The Finn stumbled back, eyes going wide as fire blossomed to life in front of them.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron began walking towards the fire as though to enter it. He jolted to a halt right before he reached it. Slowly, he began reaching to touch it. "Yes, halcyon, keep it going."

Nameless grabbed TAAron and pulled him away from the flames. "Good, Haly. That should make them think twice about killing us."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac raised his weapon threateningly at the group. "Back off!"

She laughed. “Ah, you underestimate me.” The fire shifted away from him in a clean three-foot circle.

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Finn stumbled back, eyes going wide as fire blossomed to life in front of them.

Nameless grabbed TAAron and pulled him away from the flames. "Good, Haly. That should make them think twice about killing us."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She laughed. “Ah, you underestimate me.” The fire shifted away from him in a clean three-foot circle.

"Woah! What's going on? Haly?"

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Her eyes condescended to glance upon him, crowned as she was with the glory of fire. Ah, but she could do more! So much more. She raised her arms…

Is that a valid use of the word condescended?

"Haly? What are you doing? Careful..." TAAron approached her cautiously.

Her eyes condescended to glance upon him, crowned as she was with the glory of fire. Ah, but she could do more! So much more. She raised her arms…

"Uh, Haly? I think  that's enough fire."

Indeed, the Finn were scrambling away, disappearing into the shadows that still lingered at the corners of the room.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

"Reign it in." Wynn's eyes danced with the flames. "Fire is your servant. Keep it bridled." 

"Haly? What are you doing? Careful..." TAAron approached her cautiously.

That’s just how she’s feeling right now, so yeah I’m pretty sure it’s valid

She did not react, but for a laugh.

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Uh, Haly? I think  that's enough fire."

Indeed, the Finn were scrambling away, disappearing into the shadows that still lingered at the corners of the room.

“Ahh, fire, yes, but what about light!”

A starlike light winked into existence, then another, then another, all too bright to look at.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Reign it in." Wynn's eyes danced with the flames. "Fire is your servant. Keep it bridled." 

”Yes, my servant! Yes, yes.”

She did not react, but for a laugh.

“Ahh, fire, yes, but what about light!”

A starlike light winked into existence, then another, then another, all too bright to look at.

”Yes, my servant! Yes, yes.”

"Haly, you're scaring me." TAAron grabbed her arm, shaking it. "You need to stop. That's enough."

She froze, awareness winking back into her eyes. She collapsed, the lights vanishing, but the fire remained. 

Hmm... Did her power source run out?

"Haly, are you okay?" Wynn was concerned.

She froze, awareness winking back into her eyes. She collapsed, the lights vanishing, but the fire remained. 

Nameless let out a sigh of relief. “Alright. Good.” Turning to the shadows, he shouted in a loud voice. “That’s just a taste of her powers! Unless you take us to the Chamber now, you’ll have a much bigger problem on your hands.”

"Oh, thank goodness. Haly, are you..." His demeanor changed. "What a lovely fire." TAAron walked over to it, and stuck his hand in.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Oh, thank goodness. Haly, are you..." His demeanor changed. "What a lovely fire." TAAron walked over to it, and stuck his hand in.

"No! Bad evil god!" Wynn yanked TAAron away from the flames. "Lerac, can we get a healer over here?"

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Hmm... Did her power source run out?

"Haly, are you okay?" Wynn was concerned.

“Yeah,” Haly gasped. “I’m fine.”

Haly vanishes all the fire, then stumbled to her feet. “I don’t feel so good,” she mumbled.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"No! Bad evil god!" Wynn yanked TAAron away from the flames. "Lerac, can we get a healer over here?"

"Yeah." Lerac rushed over to heal him, but TAAron pulled away from Wynn and walked further down the hallway, allowing his hand to continue to burn.

"Yeah." Lerac rushed over to heal him, but TAAron pulled away from Wynn and walked further down the hallway, allowing his hand to continue to burn.

Wynn's instincts took over. In a flash, she had TAAron in a full nelson. 

"Lerac. Heal. Now."

Haly noticed. Her eyes widened, then she reached out a hand and doused TAAron completely. Then collapsed from exhaustion.

Haly noticed. Her eyes widened, then she reached out a hand and doused TAAron completely. Then collapsed from exhaustion.

Great. Now I'm wet. Wynn let go of the unfortunate archivist and went to Haly.

She definitely exceeded her limits. This is becoming a problem.