Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She hesitated. The words warmed her heart a little. “It’s stupid if you do it. Not if it’s me, though, just so we’re clear.”

He smiled slightly. "What a hypocrite. Here, lean on me again. If you're going to do anything, we can't have you falling over." He kept waking forward into the dark.

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

He smiled slightly. "What a hypocrite. Here, lean on me again. If you're going to do anything, we can't have you falling over." He kept waking forward into the dark.

@UnfortunatelyNamed

“Okay.” She leaned against him again. “I’ll be fine in a bit, though. And you won’t do anything stupid, right? Promise me?”

“Anything that could get you killed that could also be deemed as heroic.”

"I wouldn't do it to be heroic, but I'd be willing to risk myself to help you. Or... Anyone here, for that matter."

“Because of you die, then we can’t save you! That’s what this whole quest is about!”

"I won't let you die for me. If I die in here, you all can just leave. Better that then one of you die and we keep on risking ourselves."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"I won't let you die for me. If I die in here, you all can just leave. Better that then one of you die and we keep on risking ourselves."

“No!” Haly twisted away and grabbed his shoulders. “You don’t get it. I love you, TAAron. And if you die, I don’t know if I could live with myself.” Her eyes were tearing up. “Please.”

Edit: yes I changed my profile pic again. Oh well, I like this one better. So there.

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Nameless followed after, darkness twisting around the group.

Abruptly, the group stood in a doorway opening to a star-shaped chamber with eight points. On the sharp edges of the room, glowing yellow strips ran, and at each point there lay an ominous black pedestal. Gathered in the room was a collection of both Aelfinn and Eelfinn, regarding the entering group warily.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“No!” Haly twisted away and grabbed his shoulders. “You don’t get it. I love you, TAAron. And if you die, I don’t know if I could live with myself.” Her eyes were tearing up. “Please.”

"How do you think I feel? I dragged you into this. None of it would've happened if I didn't get myself captured the first time! And now you're telling me that you'd sure for my sake. How would I live with myself?"

5 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless followed after, darkness twisting around the group.

Abruptly, the group stood in a doorway opening to a star-shaped chamber with eight points. On the sharp edges of the room, glowing yellow strips ran, and at each point there lay an ominous black pedestal. Gathered in the room was a collection of both Aelfinn and Eelfinn, regarding the entering group warily.

TAAron skidded to a halt. "Nameless, do you know this place?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"How do you think I feel? I dragged you into this. None of it would've happened if I didn't get myself captured the first time! And now you're telling me that you'd sure for my sake. How would I live with myself?"

TAAron skidded to a halt. "Nameless, do you know this place?"

She shook her head hard and released him to lean back against the wall. “I’m sorry. I’m being selfish, I guess.” She sniffled and wiped away a tear, then looked around at the room.

She shook her head hard and released him to lean back against the wall. “I’m sorry. I’m being selfish, I guess.” She sniffled and wiped away a tear, then looked around at the room.

"No." He took her hand, his own eyes tearing up. "Not selfish. Just a little stupid."

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"No." He took her hand, his own eyes tearing up. "Not selfish. Just a little stupid."

She giggled through her tears. “I think we both feel how I do. But I guess I can’t stop you any more than you can stop me.” She took a deep breath to steady herself. “Just stay close to me so I can protect you.”

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless looked around the room, shocked. "This is it!"

“The chamber of bonds or whatever?”

2 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lerac walked up behind her. "So, do you think you might have forgotten something about this Ranryu card?"

Wynn nodded. "Yes, definitely. TAAron kept calling it a 'she' for some reason. I think he knew it somehow."

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless looked around the room, shocked. "This is it!"

"Are we finally here?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"What?" TAAron was equally shocked. "The Chamber of Bonds? It can't be."

She giggled through her tears. “I think we both feel how I do. But I guess I can’t stop you any more than you can stop me.” She took a deep breath to steady herself. “Just stay close to me so I can protect you.”

“The chamber of bonds or whatever?”

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Are we finally here?"

"Yes, this is the Chamber of Bonds. Storms, they must actually be worried."