Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Think it's the crystal?"

Wynn looked at him incredulously. 

"Yeah genius, I do. What else could it possibly be?" She stopped herself. "Sorry. I haven't recovered from having my heart do 200 bpm."

7 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn looked at him incredulously. 

"Yeah genius, I do. What else could it possibly be?" She stopped herself. "Sorry. I haven't recovered from having my heart do 200 bpm."

"So... What's wrong? What did he do to you?"

And you never did answer what you were talking about with your sister.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"So... What's wrong? What did he do to you?"

"Very powerful Rioting, I think. Or maybe I'm just not used to it anymore- it has been a few decades since I experienced it last. Right now he's trapped in a slow bubble or something."

I've tried to convince Potato to role play many times. She's very stubborn.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

"Very powerful Rioting, I think. Or maybe I'm just not used to it anymore- it has been a few decades since I experienced it last. Right now he's trapped in a slow bubble or something."

"Woah. And, uh, what is rioting?"

30 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Woah. And, uh, what is rioting?"

“A form of allomancy- that’s a metal-based magic system- that inflames emotions, in this case, fear. My mental reaction I have some control over, but my physical reaction is different.”

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

“A form of allomancy- that’s a metal-based magic system- that inflames emotions, in this case, fear. My mental reaction I have some control over, but my physical reaction is different.”

"Interesting. So now he's just... frozen?"

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Huh. That seems pretty powerful. And the crystal gave him this ability?"

"No, he's a mistborn. He could always do it, but we took his metals away because it was making his soul damage worse." Wynn used a bit of Shadow Magic to rejuvenate herself. "That's what, four metals down? Only a dozen more to go. You wanna see how he reacts to you, Lerac?"

"No, he's a mistborn. He could always do it, but we took his metals away because it was making his soul damage worse." Wynn used a bit of Shadow Magic to rejuvenate herself. "That's what, four metals down? Only a dozen more to go. You wanna see how he reacts to you, Lerac?"

"I guess so. Do you imagine it'll change for each person?"

"Probably not. Try to look harmless- he might blast you across the room."

"Ah."

After another minute or so, TAAron apparently stopped burning cadmium, and the bubble collapsed. Wide eyes feel on Lerac. "What did you do? What happened?"

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Ah."

After another minute or so, TAAron apparently stopped burning cadmium, and the bubble collapsed. Wide eyes feel on Lerac. "What did you do? What happened?"

"That wasn't us, it was you. The metal you just burned slows down time in a bubble around you. To us, it looked like you were moving in slow motion."

Wynn positioned herself in between TAAron and Lerac. If TAAron went ballistic again, she would more easily be able to defend them.

4 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"That wasn't us, it was you. The metal you just burned slows down time in a bubble around you. To us, it looked like you were moving in slow motion."

Wynn positioned herself in between TAAron and Lerac. If TAAron went ballistic again, she would more easily be able to defend them.

"Why is he here?" TAAron began testing out more metals, finding copper, which didn't seem to do anything.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted
Darn autocorrect

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Why is he here?" Train began testing out more metals, finding copper, which didn't seem to do anything.

"Train" lol

"He's you friend too. Lerac is the one who kept you from dying after Malum cut your chest open."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"He's you friend too. Lerac is the one who kept you from dying after Malum cut your chest open."

:/ edited

"None of you are my friends! Even if you were, which I doubt, the person you knew is dead now." A small tear came to his eye, which he wiped away furiously.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"None of you are my friends! Even if you were, which I doubt, the person you knew is dead now." A small tear came to his eye, which he wiped away furiously.

Darn it, we could really use Haly right now.

"We are your friends." Wynn contained her exasperation. "I didn't just let you give me a heart attack because I thought it would be fun. And those hellhounds, so nicely not ripping you to shreds? Come on, try another metal."

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Darn it, we could really use Haly right now.

"We are your friends." Wynn contained her exasperation. "I didn't just let you give me a heart attack because I thought it would be fun. And those hellhounds, so nicely not ripping you to shreds? Come on, try another metal."

"No. No, you're lying." Burning brass, he Soothed her emotions to take away her confidence. 

Maybe now she'll stop lying.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"No. No, you're lying." Burning brass, he Soothed her emotions to take away her confidence. 

Maybe now she'll stop lying.

Wynn had to force herself to not block his allomancy. Who am I kidding? This isn't gonna work.

"Nothing I say will convince you. I guess you're just destined to have your life completely ruined by Malum."

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn had to force herself to not block his allomancy. Who am I kidding? This isn't gonna work.

"Nothing I say will convince you. I guess you're just destined to have your life completely ruined by Malum."

"Maybe you're working with him... None of you could really be my friends."

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Maybe you're working with him... None of you could really be my friends."

"I... I can't convince you."

She grabbed Haly. 

"C'mere and convince TAAron that we're his friends. Use the power of love or something."

Wynn took a few steps away and tried to remind herself that it was just allomancy.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

Edited by Ranryu

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"I... I can't convince you."

She grabbed Haly. 

"C'mere and convince TAAron that we're his friends. Use the power of love or something."

Wynn took a few steps away and tried to remind herself that it was just allomancy.

@Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

“What?” Haly blinked away her distraction, then realized what was happening. “Hang on. You’re not friends? What happened? TAAron, is this Malum? This is Malum, right?”

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff
1666 posts! Yay, alliteration or whatever!