Shower thoughts

Tolkien died in 1973. if you reverse it, it's 3791. 3 rings for the elven kings under the sky, 7 for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone, 9 for mortal men doomed to die, 1 for the dark lord on his dark throne in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie. 

Tolkien is still a wonder, even in death.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:12 PM, Ookla the Quark said:

Also, why can't allomancers push/pull bones? Calcium is a metal.

I think it’s because the calcium in your bones is not pure calcium, it’s a compound of calcium. Also, Allomancers wouldn’t perceive bones as metal, therefore weird cognitive realm stuff, perhaps?

On 12/4/2022 at 3:09 PM, Ookla the Nerdy said:

The concentration

Is too little to be pushed.

(Final Empire)

11 hours ago, PyroPhile said:

I think it’s because the calcium in your bones is not pure calcium, it’s a compound of calcium. Also, Allomancers wouldn’t perceive bones as metal, therefore weird cognitive realm stuff, perhaps?

I feel like I remember something about allomancers being unable to manipulate metals that are embedded or contained within flesh, which is why Inquisitors were so hard to kill.

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

I feel like I remember something about allomancers being unable to manipulate metals that are embedded or contained within flesh, which is why Inquisitors were so hard to kill.

Yeah, only extremely powerful allomancers could Push or Pull on metal inside someone’s body. Or, they used duralumin or nicrosil.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:09 AM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Tolkien died in 1973. if you reverse it, it's 3791. 3 rings for the elven kings under the sky, 7 for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone, 9 for mortal men doomed to die, 1 for the dark lord on his dark throne in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie. 

I actually already knew this.:D

Edited by Ookla the Pencil Taxi

On 12/9/2022 at 7:55 PM, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

shiny rocs cost more than life-giving liquid in the economy. curious...

It's all a conspiracy! Diamonds and gold are manufactured by underground Nazis in kahoots with the US government and the Soviet Union! All the money cycles back to them to continue training their army of genetically mutated sasquatches! AND THEY'RE ALL RULED BY PENGUINS!

Edited by Sequence