• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 4:00 PM, That1Cellist said:

My opinion, as someone who hasn't watched it, is that I generally really dislike the portrayal of instrument performance in popular media.

I don't like when instruments are played incorrectly, but when they are played accurately it's pretty cool. Why don't you like it? (just curious).

12 hours ago, Elf said:

I finsihed watching it! It was so awesome 

Yk Jenna Ortega actually learned the cello for 2 months before shooting

3 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I don't like when instruments are played incorrectly, but when they are played accurately it's pretty cool. Why don't you like it? (just curious).

That’s good. It’s kinda hard to get good in only two months though. I’m glad they made an effort. I don’t have as much of a problem with it if it’s real, but a lot of the time it’s blatantly fake. When it’s real it’s a lot better, though I’m a bit too much of a classical musician, so it does feel a little bit disrespectful somehow.

I mean... they can't just pick actors based on their ability to play an instrument that will show up in one or two scenes, ya know? I never like it when it's done poorly, but I always just laugh it off and gloat to myself about how i know how to play it better.

• 3 weeks later...