Sleeping with stuffed animals

By my last count i have 26 stuffed animals. Here's some of my favorites: Barbara the seal (named after Barbara Manatee from silly songs with larry), Fredish Forger the frog (named after his D&D character because we played D&D with him and then completely forgot his original name), Topher the platypus (short for Christopher and probably named after that kid from Mrs. Bixby's Last Day except i don't remember), Chiri Chiri Duckthulu Goatbringer III The Overpriced, a kurtsgazaght duck (Chiri Chiri after, ya know, chiri chiri, duckthulu after chututhulu- however you spell it- and goatbringer like Oathbringer but with goats. Also there might have been an Adolin in there somewhere, i don't remember. The overpriced is cause he's not terribly large but he was like 50 bucks), Chesapeake the Dolphin (named after one of the dolphins at the Baltimore aquarium, where she was acquired) and Okiagu the sixlegged airbison (Oki for short. He is thus named because according to my parents, when i was very little, i really really wanted to name something Okiagu. So i have made little me's wish come true lol.)

Edited by Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat

Yay for stuffed animals!

I always sleep with my unicorn stuffy named Bill who I’ve had for longer than I can remember. All my other stuffed animals have kind of been wasting away in my closet, which is sad, but recently my friend came to my house and she brought her little sister. I took out all my stuffed animals so that her little sister would have something to play with. She kept asking me the names of all the toys and the funny thing was I could remember all their names from when I was little, and all the little stories about them that me and my brother came up with.

• 1 month later...

There's a blanket that I've had for quite literally my entire life. For some reason, when I was little, I would just feel one of the corners between my fingers. And it always had to be that one corner.

Fast forwards so many years and I rubbed it between my fingers so much that it frayed and tore and now it's basically a big hole. But small threads from that get tangled into these weird little clumps of string that I still like to just roll between my fingers. It feels good.

My stash of stuffed animals has unfortunately retired as I've grown older, though...they all live in a box now.

2 hours ago, ExoticAlmond said:

I have stuffed animals and they tend to chill at the bottom of my bed under my covers so my feet are constantly squishing them.

Accidentally broke the button eye off of one of them with my foot recently.:(

*le gesp*

STUFFIE ABUSE!!! CALL THE STUFFED ANIMAL POLICE!!!!

On 11/30/2022 at 8:22 AM, The Sibling said:

Yay for stuffed animals!

I always sleep with my unicorn stuffy named Bill who I’ve had for longer than I can remember. All my other stuffed animals have kind of been wasting away in my closet, which is sad, but recently my friend came to my house and she brought her little sister. I took out all my stuffed animals so that her little sister would have something to play with. She kept asking me the names of all the toys and the funny thing was I could remember all their names from when I was little, and all the little stories about them that me and my brother came up with.

Me and my brother also had an awesome world built around our stuffed animals. 

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

*le gesp*

STUFFIE ABUSE!!! CALL THE STUFFED ANIMAL POLICE!!!!

5 YEARS IN STUFFIE PRISON FOR STUFFIE ASSAULT!!!

I once had a big yellow stuffed cow named Cow I would sleep with. My sister had two care bears I really wanted to trade for, but she wouldn't trade them for anything of mine except Cow. Trading Cow away was a mistake. I wanted to trade back after maybe a few hours (or even minutes, I don't remember.) but she said no.

Those two care bears were not as snuggly as Cow had been, and that was sad. I liked them. I named one Sunshine, but don't remember the other's name.

I think one got lost and the other got it's nose snipped off or something, I don't remember.

By the time my sister finally traded Cow back to me 4-6 years later, I had developed a mild dust allergy (Cow was too big for washing) and gotten used to not sleeping with stuffed animals. Nowadays small stuffed animals that are in my bed when I go to sleep usually end up on the floor when I wake up.

I miss having a stuffed animal that could help me feel better.

Edited by Tani

1 minute ago, Tani said:

I once had a big yellow stuffed cow named Cow I would sleep with. My sister had two care bears I really wanted to trade for, but she wouldn't trade them for anything of mine except Cow. Trading Cow away was a mistake. I wanted to trade back after maybe a few hours (or even minutes, I don't remember.) but she said no.

Those two care bears were not as snuggly as Cow had been, and that was sad. I liked them. I named one Sunshine, but don't remember the other's name.

I think one got lost and the other got it's nose snipped off or something, I don't remember.

By the time my sister finally traded Cow back to me 4-6 years later, I had developed a mild dust allergy (Cow was too big for washing) and gotten used to not sleeping with stuffed animals. Nowadays small stuffed animals that are in my bed when I go to sleep usually end up on the floor when I wake up.

I miss having a stuffed animal that could help me feel better.

This is a tragic tale, I am sorry for your loss