Do People Ship Vin and Elend?

Captain Coffee

My 11 year old is reading Mistborn for the first time. We recently listened to the chapter where Vin meets Elend in the car. When it was over, she paused and asked, "Do people ship those two together?" I let her know they do, but I didn't know the ship name. We landed on Elvin.

That's all. I just had to share. I read Mistborn for the first time as an adult, and watching a kid read and process it for the first time is so much fun.

I thought their romance was hilarious, precious, poignant, and lovely all at the same time, and I think Brandon did a great job with it.

Also, as a 55-year old man, I find this new use of "ship" (verb? noun? adjective? Yes to all, apparently) both confusing and odd.  ;-)

I don't think there was ever a name for that relationship; because it was so central to Era 1, and not a contested element (e. g. there was never a real chance Vin would have been with Spook, Zane, or anybody else).

6 hours ago, Ookla of axi said:

I find this new use of "ship" (verb? noun? adjective? Yes to all, apparently) both confusing and odd.  ;-)

You aren't the only one