"Actually," said Il'anque, "This is one of the few things that I planned for. Let's go to that ledge instead." Il'anque indicated a seemingly good path broken by a series of large overhangs. "I know how we can get past them."

@Ookla the Perpetual @Ookla the Frustrated.

Edited by Ookla the Nerdy

2 hours ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Actually," said Il'anque, "This is one of the few things that I planned for. Let's go to that ledge instead." Il'anque indicated a seemingly good path broken by a series of large overhangs. "I know how we can get past them."

"Hm..." Avi thought for a moment. "As you wish."

Avi followed Il'anque towards the seemingly more difficult pathway.

@Ookla the Frustrated.

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual

11 hours ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Three hills and six minutes later, I’ikeq found himself sweaty and out of breath from keeping up with the Elementals. Pride prevented him from asking the two of them to slow down, but he didn’t know how he’d get all the way up the mountain at this pace. He’d have to hope Ran’at—

A bloodcurdling scream shot through the air, followed by the patter of claws on stone. “Run!” I’ikeq yelled. A huge monster, the size of a large boulder, lumbered into view. It had a muscular body, covered in black fur; teeth and claws as long as I’ikeq was tall. Its maw dripped with fresh scarlet blood.

@Ookla the [Redacted] @Ookla the Myopic@PyroPhile

wait how did I not sense this, does the monster not have a soul?

E'la dashed straight toward the creature, jinked to the side, and slashed at its legs.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"I have no objects to this pathway," Isek said.

12 hours ago, PyroPhile said:

“The heck is that?

Ran’at jumped backwards reflexively to assess the situation.

There’s a big monster attacking my… would friends be the right word?

Right, big monster. Time to focus on survival.

Ran’at jumped forward, stabbing the monster with his dagger and slashing at it with his prosthetic arm.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Literal lightning striking it. So cut and shock with a side order of explosion :P

1 hour ago, Ookla the Implosion said:

E'la dashed straight toward the creature, jinked to the side, and slashed at its legs.

Ran’at and E;la’s slashes cut the monster, but it didn’t seem to notice.

Mercury’s lightning struck the monster’s bulk with an earth-shattering boom. It roared again, bloody spittle flying from its maw. It looked like it was hurt, at least; ire filled its eyes and it geared up to charge towards Mercury.

I’ikeq started running towards the monster. His four companions could probably handle themselves, but this was a chance to prove he was worth keeping around. As of now, the Elementals had every incentive to just ditch him and continue up the mountain at their pace.

Il'anque nodded, and lead the up the path. She reached the first ledge, and planted a seed from one of the fruits that she had taken in the foothills.

"Stand back." warned Il'anque. She focused on the currents of magic around her, flowing through the metals and crystal veins, and gave the seeds in the fruit one command.

Grow.

A tree sprouted from the place where Il'anque had set the fruit. With low-hanging branches and a decent height, it made it trivial to climb the ledge.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

Mercury's blades flash as she dances around the monster's claws. Strife and Malice slicing through the monster's skin. 

Dancing back away she moves like lightning. Erratic and unpredictable, blades glimmering with electricity.

@Ookla the Omniscient

The cuts seemed to do nothing but make the monster angrier. It slashed at Mercury as I’ikeq ran around the back of it and slashed its back leg with an ultra-sharp water blade. It sheared through bone; wet, rotten blood misted I’ikeq’s face. Ew.

Il'anque nodded. "That seems wise. I can go up first, and I even brought some vine that we can use as rope to help you climb." Il'anque climbed the tree easily.

Edited by Ookla the Nerdy

2 hours ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Ran’at and E;la’s slashes cut the monster, but it didn’t seem to notice.

Mercury’s lightning struck the monster’s bulk with an earth-shattering boom. It roared again, bloody spittle flying from its maw. It looked like it was hurt, at least; ire filled its eyes and it geared up to charge towards Mercury.

I’ikeq started running towards the monster. His four companions could probably handle themselves, but this was a chance to prove he was worth keeping around. As of now, the Elementals had every incentive to just ditch him and continue up the mountain at their pace.

E;la grinned. If it doesn't care, it'll be easier to ground it. She continued chopping off legs, following the monster as well as she could while it attacked Mercury.

11 hours ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Ele’maiya wished there was something to break the dull monotony of trudging through endless brown foothills. She was even beginning to grow bored of the scenery. Perhaps, to liven it up a little, she and Caoimhe could—

A deep, primal groan rose from the ground below, and a head rose from underneath the earth. Grabbing Caoimhe by the sleeve, she ran as fast as she could in the other direction. But something occurred to her. What if it gets the other acolytes? I should see if I can kill it for them. 
Making a snap decision, she turned around and pulled her spear from her pack. A battle cry escaped her lips as she charged the monster.

@InfiniteInsanity

Caoimhe watched Ele'maiya charge the monster. She couldn't tell what the monster was. She pulled an arrow from her quiver and carefully calmly she nocked the arrow pulled the string back. She started to try and aim but Ele'maiya was in the way a bit.

Do you have any idea what type of monster this is? Or is it just a monster right now?

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Implosion said:

E;la grinned. If it doesn't care, it'll be easier to ground it. She continued chopping off legs, following the monster as well as she could while it attacked Mercury.

The monster roared in pain a third time, shaking. I’ikeq ran out of the way as the thing started shaking; it collapsed with a loud, wet thud. I’ikeq dried himself off with his magic, breathing hard.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

The monster roared in pain a third time, shaking. I’ikeq ran out of the way as the thing started shaking; it collapsed with a loud, wet thud. I’ikeq dried himself off with his magic, breathing hard.

does this monster have a dangerous tail? How much damage could it do with just it's remaining limbs (not counting the head?)

E;la stepped back, still grinning slightly creepily. "There, that should make things simpler."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Implosion said:

does this monster have a dangerous tail? How much damage could it do with just it's remaining limbs (not counting the head?)

It’s gonna thrash around a bit, so be careful, but it doesn’t have a tail and I don’t think it can do too much damage unless you get close to its claws.

I’ikeq carefully walked around to the monster’s front. “We should… leave it…” he panted. “It’s not going to do any more damage.”

4 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Y'all seriously waited around for me to be not here to kill the monster?

No... it's not dead... just legless... *blink blink blink*

sorry

Also, how did I not sense this monster? I have really good soulsense.

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Omniscient said:

I’ikeq carefully walked around to the monster’s front. “We should… leave it…” he panted. “It’s not going to do any more damage.”

"Yes, it will soon attract larger predators, we need to be moving away before they come."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Frustrated. said:

"Ast'avi? Alright, why don't you go first, in case I break it and need another way up?" Isek offered.

Ast'avi, I can remember that, right?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

Il'anque nodded. "That seems wise. I can go up first, and I even brought some vine that we can use as rope to help you climb." Il'anque climbed the tree easily.

Avi nodded and turned to the tree. She paused for a moment before climbing to the ledge quickly and efficiently.

She turned to Isek. "See if you can get up. If it doesn't work, we'll go from there."

Isek nodded, taking a branch in both hands, which groaned ominously as he held it.

No time like the present, he thought. Isek pulled, lifting himself a few inches into the air and reached for the next branch. The one he was holding snapped.

Isek dropped to the ground with the loud scraping of metal on stone.

"I think making a ladder would be easier," Isek said looking up at his companions. Ast'avi, and... the other one. At least he remembered one of their names. Isek planted his feet, and using the metal stick he had made earlier as a reference, allowed thick steel to ooze from his fingers, running like liquid up and down, forming a tick ladder up to the overhanging ledge. It took a long time, shaping this much metal was time consuming, but at long last he leaned it against the ledge, and climbed up.