28 minutes ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Kinda. I honestly have no idea why I know this stuff. I learned a lot of it from my parents, but it just seems to come to me naturally, even if I never learnt it. It's honestly a little creepy."

Wonderful foreshadowing :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

A deep rumbling sounded from just over the next ridge, accompanied by...

Clicking.

"The hells is that?" Kaeni said.

I’ikeq’s eyes narrowed and he drew his water-swords.

@Ookla the Implosion @PyroPhile @Ookla the Myopic

22 hours ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Kinda. I honestly have no idea why I know this stuff. I learned a lot of it from my parents, but it just seems to come to me naturally, even if I never learnt it. It's honestly a little creepy."

@Ookla the Frustrated. @Ookla the Perpetual

"Hm," Avi said without elaborating as she started up a particularly steep growth of crystal.

That is interesting...

She's not the best conversationalist until someone prods her a little.

57 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

"Hm," Avi said without elaborating as she started up a particularly steep growth of crystal.

That is interesting...

Il'anque found a good handhold on the crystal, and grabbed one of the metal veins. This would be a good hold. She used it to provide stability as she used crystal growths as footholds.

"Anyway, enough vaguely ominous talk. Why did you decide to become a reaper?"

@Ookla the Frustrated.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

Il'anque found a good handhold on the crystal, and grabbed one of the metal veins. This would be a good hold. She used it to provide stability as she used crystal growths as footholds.

@Ookla the Frustrated.

Avi blinked. She wasn't accustomed to such blunt questioning.

She pulled herself onto the next set of handholds, testing to make sure they were secure.

"My family had their souls rescued and shuttled to the afterlife after their deaths," Avi said after a moment. "I want to be able to do the same for others."

She kept the details to herself, hoping that Il'anque didn't prod further.

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Avi blinked. She wasn't accustomed to such blunt questioning.

She pulled herself onto the next set of handholds, testing to make sure they were secure.

"My family had their souls rescued and shuttled to the afterlife after their deaths," Avi said after a moment. "I want to be able to do the same for others."

"Fair enough." said Il'anque. "I don't know. I've seen lots of injustice in my time, but Death is both fair and absolute. It's hard to think of a better master to serve, actually."

Just now, Ookla the Nerdy said:

"Fair enough." said Il'anque. "I don't know. I've seen lots of injustice in my time, but Death is both fair and absolute. It's hard to think of a better master to serve, actually."

Avi nodded, then realized that Il'anque couldn't see her.

"Yeah," she agreed.

She tried to use a jutting crystal as a handhold, but it crumbled and she temporarily lost her balance. She grunted as she pulled herself back to the safe handholds. After a moment, she managed to get to the top of that specific steep part.

She gazed up the mountain. "About three fourths of the way to the third layer." She tried not to think about that nearly absolute vertical climb...she'd manage. She was saving some spells, if it came to it.

I don't know if we want to find another monster or wait till the third layer...

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Nerdy said:

@Ookla the Frustrated.

"I," Isek said, driving a spike into the rock, "almost died once. Like, unconscious for weeks, my father was worried I wouldn't make it. I eventually pulled through, but it scared me badly. Especially when I thought about what would happen after. So, with my father's permission, I came here."

I think I’m going to officially leave this RP, at least for a bit, because I don’t understand very much of it and my character has done basically nothing since we started. It’s been fun, it’s just not for me :) 

E;la scampered up the rocks, grinning, sword sheathed. Climbing was fun. Another fun thing was that the crystals of the Inverted Mountain seemed to have some sort of soul, and she could kind of tell how strong it was by the strength of the soul. The metal veins seemed to be just normal, soulless metal though.

She reached the others, paused, and looked back, letting out a breath in excitement as her eyes sparkled with happiness.

Turning to face them, she asked "What are you talking about?"

Edited by Ookla the Implosion

On 12/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

A deep rumbling sounded from just over the next ridge, accompanied by...

Clicking.

"The hells is that?" Kaeni said.

Mercury holds her swords aloft, lightning crackling through the blades.

"Something that can be killed, I'd assume."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Kaeni set her hands ablaze in anticipation. "That doesn't mean that it can be killed easily."

The clicking was getting closer. “When it rounds the corner,” said I’ikeq, “surround and kill it quickly before it has a chance to do too much damage.”

46 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

The clicking was getting closer. “When it rounds the corner,” said I’ikeq, “surround and kill it quickly before it has a chance to do too much damage.”

"You know I could just blast apart its' skull in a blast of lightning."

20 hours ago, Ookla the Frustrated. said:

"I," Isek said, driving a spike into the rock, "almost died once. Like, unconscious for weeks, my father was worried I wouldn't make it. I eventually pulled through, but it scared me badly. Especially when I thought about what would happen after. So, with my father's permission, I came here."

"You had a brush with death, and decided to help Them? That's new."

@The Bookwyrm

Edited by Ookla the Nerdy

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The barb deflected it like a stick on stone, retracting away before zipping out back where E;la had struck. It missed, given her cover.

"What is that thing?" Kaeni shouted.

"I think it's an Elder Glengal!" E;la yelled back, then sprinted out of cover to hide behind a different rock formation.