On 1/15/2023 at 7:44 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

We’re not even on the physical plane right now.

I knew that...but I assumed we were in another plane that was associated with a planet. Like, if you're in the Subastral of Roshar, you're still sort of on Roshar, and if you exit Shadesmar back to the Physical Realm you'll be on a planet.

I thought we were on a planet, just in another plane of that planet.

But if that's not the case, then okay.

23 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

What would happen if the star was struck by really powerful lightning?

To quote Sokka from AtlA:

"I'm not sure."

On 1/15/2023 at 1:37 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

The wyvern swooped away from the attacks, avoiding the arrow and pulling itself out of range. The pressure seemed to lessen the further it retreated, but for now it still creaked across them.

Mercury lines up her swords, preparing to discharge a massive blast. A blast so powerful it would have drained all her energy in her earlier years. Now it would just always drain half of her energy, becoming half as weak each time she discharged it. It took time to build up such power, luckily her target was stationary.

Slowing her breathing her swords almost seem to draw a pattern as they seek their target. The energy builds to a deadly hum and the blast screams away towards the star.

@The Bookwyrm

14 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mercury lines up her swords, preparing to discharge a massive blast. A blast so powerful it would have drained all her energy in her earlier years. Now it would just always drain half of her energy, becoming half as weak each time she discharged it. It took time to build up such power, luckily her target was stationary.

Slowing her breathing her swords almost seem to draw a pattern as they seek their target. The energy builds to a deadly hum and the blast screams away towards the star.

@The Bookwyrm

Wait, do you mean the other one that Avi is still holding? Not the one she already fired?

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Wait, do you mean the other one that Avi is still holding? Not the one she already fired?

The one she fired, as that would be neary the Wyvern right? Or you can throw it and Mercury just strikes it before it hits the Wyvern to explode it.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

What would happen if the star was struck by really powerful lightning?

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Scientifically speaking, hitting a tiny fusion reactor with a bolt of lightning would probably cause it to become uncontained. This might cause a small explosion as all the heat gets released, but would ultimately make the whole thing cool down and fizzle out.

But we're not speaking scientifically, so my best guess is that the sucker explodes.

The wyvern swooped far out of range, analyzing the group of acolytes. Its cold, hard gaze from both of its massive eyes seemed to chill Kaeni to the bone, sending shivers down her spine.

"It's... thinking?" She said, half-muttering, half-whimpering. "What do we do?"

@Tani @Szeth_Pancakes @PyroPhile

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The wyvern swooped far out of range, analyzing the group of acolytes. Its cold, hard gaze from both of its massive eyes seemed to chill Kaeni to the bone, sending shivers down her spine.

"It's... thinking?" She said, half-muttering, half-whimpering. "What do we do?"

@Tani @Szeth_Pancakes @PyroPhile

"Maybe we should climb," Avi said.

Her body still glowed with light, and she felt the energy of a goddess flowing through her, prompting her to act. But if her magic wouldn't do much against a creature who could seemingly slow the progress of moving projectiles, then the only way forward was up.

Avi warily watched as the wyvern glided a fair distance from the side of the Inverted mountain.

"The way I see it, we're going to lose this fight right now. Even if we're powerful; we're vulnerable on the mountain face, and the wyvern has access to abilities we don't know. Let's try to reach the peak, fending it off as we go. Once we're at the top, it should be easier to fight it."

She assumed. Granted, Avi had no idea what the peak looked like...

@NerdyAarakocra @Frustration @The Wandering Wizard @Szeth_Pancakes @Tani @PyroPhile @Am I forgetting anyone besides Fadran who I already quoted

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Il'anque nodded. "That seems wise. In addition, I will be able to help you climb up whilst at the top." She pressed her hands to the rock behind her, and vines grew up the mountain, providing a network of holds to climb.

"This will take some of my strength to maintain, so I would ask if people climbed up quickly."

With that, Il'anque began the climb.

Il'anque quickly made it up the lattice of vines, reaching the peak. She looked down to see Kaeni right behind her, about to reach the top. Il'anque looked around. It was barren, without even a pool of water or a bush. The centerpiece was a warping in the air, something that pushed on Il'anque with the same force as the Wyvern. The Gates of Eternity. And surrounding the Gates was their end goal, the White Iron.

Ast'avi wouldn't be able to defend forever. Il'anque drew and fired her bow at the Wyvern.