19 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

Ran'at looks around and sees Kaeni and Mercury struggling to stand. He moves to help them towards the gates.

Squeaking a little now and again from the pain, Kaeni did her best to keep a hold of Ran'at and Mercury. As they approached the gateway she tried to eke out a thanks, but it just came out as a hacking cough and several gasps. Instead of doing that then, she shook him away and gestured for him to go help the others - who knew, after all, if they'd even be allowed to come back to help after entering the Gates.

With another couple deep breaths of strain, she heaved Mercury through the gates with her. They were wide open already, but seemed to be empty, leading to nowhere: just s standing doorway with no room.

But stepping through, the entire mountain suddenly shone bright white, and all the pain vanished.

They've effectively stepped into a different dimension, so Mercury would be awake through here.

@The Wandering Wizard

Avi lay there in the darkness of sleep, and a voice came to her.

You cannot stop just yet. You have a future. I have things I need you to do, Avi. But you also have things you need to do, against the will of anyone else.

Go. This is not your end.

A faint glimmer of strength filled Avi, like a single star in a deep void. She woke up, Managed to get to her knees, and crawled to the shining portal.

A flash of blinding white, and suddenly her pain and exhaustion vanished.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:52 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Squeaking a little now and again from the pain, Kaeni did her best to keep a hold of Ran'at and Mercury. As they approached the gateway she tried to eke out a thanks, but it just came out as a hacking cough and several gasps. Instead of doing that then, she shook him away and gestured for him to go help the others - who knew, after all, if they'd even be allowed to come back to help after entering the Gates.

With another couple deep breaths of strain, she heaved Mercury through the gates with her. They were wide open already, but seemed to be empty, leading to nowhere: just s standing doorway with no room.

But stepping through, the entire mountain suddenly shone bright white, and all the pain vanished.

@The Wandering Wizard

Mercury rolled a few rotations before realizing she was concious.

"Wha? What happened?"

26 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... think we made it?" Kaeni looked around at the gleaming mountain. "Is this whole thing the white iron?"

Avi gazed around in confusion.

"Another plane?" she asked. "Interesting..."

Is anyone who knows what they're doing going to instruct us?

I'm going to stop summoning everybody every time something happens by default. If you'd like to stay up-to-date then lemme know and I'll tag you in the important posts.

Kaeni came to her feet and looked around, then glanced in a panic at her arm - but it seemed completely unharmed. In fact, she couldn't seem to find the stab wound from earlier either, and her back felt completely fine despite her crashing through all those crystals. Had the Gate healed her somehow? But no, that wouldn't make any sense: healing would still leave her absolutely exhausted from burning all that energy.

Which meant...

"I don't think we're in our... bodies bodies."

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Kaeni came to her feet and looked around, then glanced in a panic at her arm - but it seemed completely unharmed. In fact, she couldn't seem to find the stab wound from earlier either, and her back felt completely fine despite her crashing through all those crystals. Had the Gate healed her somehow? But no, that wouldn't make any sense: healing would still leave her absolutely exhausted from burning all that energy.

Which meant...

"I don't think we're in our... bodies bodies."

Avi blinked.

"How are we supposed to forge our scythes if we're not here physically? For that matter, doesn't it mean that our exhausted, wounded bodies are just lying there, vulnerable on the mountaintop?"