The Relationship Advice Thread, by Dr. Calano

Medium

5 hours ago, StormingTexan said:

Correct! We also have Buff Orpington and Silkies (just for fun but one of them does lay pretty well). Two smaller eggs on the left are Silkie eggs. The bigger of the two is the white Silkie she lays pretty much every day. The tiny one is from the brown Silkie she lays an egg about once a month glad we do not rely on her solely for breakfast lol. 

F7691239-D9DD-4435-BF79-393E46108672_1_105_c.jpeg

48907386-8A67-4921-B084-922125A8D2A0_1_105_c.jpeg

Those chickens are awesome. :lol: 

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

Can I have a general overview of your knowledge and advice?

Like a resume but more informal? Sure.

I specialize in romantic relationships, mostly early and mid stage relationships. But I'm also experienced in platonic relationships in any stage, and my personal favorite is platonic turning into romantic. Those are fun to give advice on.

My number one tip, regardless of type of relationship or stage of relationship, is this:

Communication. Nothing else to say. It's the most important thing.

13 minutes ago, Sequence said:

WAIT WHAT IF PARIS IS TOO CLICHE

Oh Sequence...

My senior trip is in a year, I'm going to Paris, Venice, and the Swiss Alps. I would love to take my girlfriend along with me, specifically because of how cliche and fun it would be.

But I can't.

But you can go to paris with this person. And that's the opportunity. It's perfect because it's cliche.

Edited by CalanoCorvus

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Oh Sequence...

My senior trip is in a year, I'm going to Paris, Venice, and the Swiss Alps. I would love to take my girlfriend along with me, specifically because of how cliche and fun it would be.

But I can't.

But you can go to paris with this person. And that's the opportunity. It's perfect because it's cliche.

i'M sTiLL sO nERVoUs

What if she thinks I don't care about her enough to come up with a unique trip? I get that Paris is cliche for a reason, but what if she's more about the thought? AHHHHHHH

Edited by Sequence

2 minutes ago, Sequence said:

i'M sTiLL sO nERVoUs

What if she thinks I don't care about her enough to come up with a unique trip? I get that Paris is cliche for a reason, but what if she's more about the thought? AHHHHHHH

If it's the thought that counts, then Paris is a nice bonus. If she truly thinks that it's the thought that counts, she won't care where y'all go. But Paris is definitely a legendary choice.

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

If it's the thought that counts, then Paris is a nice bonus. If she truly thinks that it's the thought that counts, she won't care where y'all go. But Paris is definitely a legendary choice.

oehidjwjncoejwbfiewnkfffwefkw

Okay then.

Thanks Doomie.

I'll ask her today and hope for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

HSjdhiofashlb;s'DSGIDFKdnkgjvbkdlxgbvdjfxmcbvlsdh Doomie forget everything i said about not having a crush

not necessarily asking for advice just need to sbqiwhashaubfkfhisbhfx @ someone

ok so

Spoiler

We were at scouts bsa together and we were talking and she was telling me all about the awful hp fanfic she was reading and i was singing curses by crane wives quietly and she complimented my voice and said i had amazing range and i said thanks and sang bohemian rhapsody three octaves above the original to show how high i could go and she said it was really good dfxbksznfkebsdfhvkj,zbfdlsalzhdbshiaehrugbibifd and also last week she asked what lip gloss i used and she said my makeup looked pretty jsdbuoszophflSHDPOLhilrbol;iesliflirhguvbeizulhdfoihuertjdbfxkugah and also another friend had a screenshot of an uno reverse card on her phone and she told [crush] to say something mean (so that she could uno reverse it) and [crush] grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me and yelling about how she was going to kill me and end my bloodline and use my kneecaps as earrings and she was shaking me so hard that our lips were like literally one inch away from touching. like we were literally about to kiss sjdbzhfiokzbkhszdfilshezdkxfsdzhflajsijfbckdkjolsibdkmclszdjbvnclsdbkjvbfixhlesjdlbfihjfigbvfsrfohwaeppoehofidrfbujbgvhdowrpsiljfpowlshdnf. and then she did it again???? like maybe she really does want to kill me and end my bloodline. or . . . . ..... .. . .. . . . ..  . ????????????????

28 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Hide contents

i sang bohemian rhapsody three octaves above the original to show how high i could go

Umm I have no advice or questions but I just want to say that this is absurdly impressive. Speaking as a confident female alto/tenor, that is insane

8 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

HSjdhiofashlb;s'DSGIDFKdnkgjvbkdlxgbvdjfxmcbvlsdh Doomie forget everything i said about not having a crush

not necessarily asking for advice just need to sbqiwhashaubfkfhisbhfx @ someone

ok so

Reveal hidden contents

We were at scouts bsa together and we were talking and she was telling me all about the awful hp fanfic she was reading and i was singing curses by crane wives quietly and she complimented my voice and said i had amazing range and i said thanks and sang bohemian rhapsody three octaves above the original to show how high i could go and she said it was really good dfxbksznfkebsdfhvkj,zbfdlsalzhdbshiaehrugbibifd and also last week she asked what lip gloss i used and she said my makeup looked pretty jsdbuoszophflSHDPOLhilrbol;iesliflirhguvbeizulhdfoihuertjdbfxkugah and also another friend had a screenshot of an uno reverse card on her phone and she told [crush] to say something mean (so that she could uno reverse it) and [crush] grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me and yelling about how she was going to kill me and end my bloodline and use my kneecaps as earrings and she was shaking me so hard that our lips were like literally one inch away from touching. like we were literally about to kiss sjdbzhfiokzbkhszdfilshezdkxfsdzhflajsijfbckdkjolsibdkmclszdjbvnclsdbkjvbfixhlesjdlbfihjfigbvfsrfohwaeppoehofidrfbujbgvhdowrpsiljfpowlshdnf. and then she did it again???? like maybe she really does want to kill me and end my bloodline. or . . . . ..... .. . .. . . . ..  . ????????????????

First, that's super cool with your vocal range, wish I could do that.

Second, you gay panicking boi :]

Are you already friends with this person?

7 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

First, that's super cool with your vocal range, wish I could do that.

Second, you gay panicking boi :]

Are you already friends with this person?

yeah totally

we've seen eachother most weeks since late 2021 and we went to summer camp together (where i developed crush) and we're def friends, not insanely close but we talk a lot whenever we're together.

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

nice. seems like a generic gay crush. gay panics and whatnot.

i live for it.

Anyways.

Yeah just keep an eye out and be her friend still. If you feel the sudden, overpowering urge to tell her, then tell her.

Every day that goes by I'm increasingly certain that that urge to tell DoomslugLuna I liked her was an impression from the spirit, and I just didn't realize it at the time.

Trust the spirit, trust your instincts, trust your gut.

12 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

So I don't have a question about romantic relationships because I don't really have those.

But lately I've been sitting alone at lunch a lot without really feeling the need to talk to people, which might not be healthy idk.

Hmm. Do you want to sit with other people?

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hmm. Do you want to sit with other people?

I don't really know. I'm excited, it at least have been for most of my life. Can that change?

I still enjoy the company of others, but I don't feel like I'm maintaining my friendships properly.

35 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Man, you guys are weird.

I say this as a neurotypical straight man who's relationship problems narrow down to not having access to a car or enough freedom of schedule see my 'girlfriend' more than once a month or so outside of martial arts.

I know I'm weird.

I say this a panromantic/demi man who's relationship problems do not exist and i see my girlfriend every morning and she's just as weird as me.

12 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I don't really know. I'm excited, it at least have been for most of my life. Can that change?

I still enjoy the company of others, but I don't feel like I'm maintaining my friendships properly.

Hmm. Maybe talk to your friends about that, or take some time to think on it yourself.

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

I know I'm weird.

I say this a panromantic/demi man who's relationship problems do not exist and i see my girlfriend every morning and she's just as weird as me.

Hmm. Maybe talk to your friends about that, or take some time to think on it yourself.

Well, I like of assume that those friends don't really care, because they all have their own friends they spend time with.

40 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Man, you guys are weird.

I say this as a neurotypical straight man who's relationship problems narrow down to not having access to a car or enough freedom of schedule see my 'girlfriend' more than once a month or so outside of martial arts.

*Helpless shrug*

I say this as a probably neurodivergent probably aroace man with lots of problems, none of which have to do with romance.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Well, I like of assume that those friends don't really care, because they all have their own friends they spend time with.

Sometimes friends do care, they just forget. They're human beings living lives, nothing to blame or feel guilty about. Ask them about it. They'll understand.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I don't know, it feels too awkward.

And it never won't feel awkward.

The problem with a lot of people is they're worried about actually doing something. A lot of people just don't have the courage to do these things.

And that's fine. But nothing's gonna happen if you don't start somewhere. And I'm not aiming all this at you, Archivist, I'm just saying it in general. You have to put in some effort too.

But you should definitely try to talk to them, Archivist.

I have just discovered this and I think I could use some advice. So I recently accepted that I'm Bi (mostly, sometimes I still just think I'm lying to myself), and I realized I kind of have a crush on one of my really good friends.

I'm a guy

and he's also a guy

but he's straight. What should I do about it? I haven't even come out or anything yet, so if I told him, or anyone really, it would blow up in my face. Help

(sorry for the rant.) 

Edited by Witless of Shinovar

On 12/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, StormingTexan said:

Not really advice for myself but I feel like my chickens are not being very friendly to each other. They often fight over things like mealworms or time in the dust bath. How can I promote more companionship between them? Pic of the response I get when I try to talk to them about the situation. 

Ok so you probably have sorted this out but give them distractions make pecking order useless, give them more treats, hand feed them so they share, More perches in their coop.