The Relationship Advice Thread, by Dr. Calano

Medium

31 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Amen, brother, amen..

But seriously, this is the reasoning behind every awkward thing a guy has said to a girl.

Yeah, like you know what you want to say, then it all just comes out garbled and wrong.

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Yeah, like you know what you want to say, then it all just comes out garbled and wrong.

RIGHT?

It's like, in theoretical situations, it's super easy, but in the moment it's absolutely horrendously hard to come up with the words because they're right there and you're nervous and emotions.

I would be much more at home if everyone discussed things over the internet. I would be able to converse way easier that way- Face to face is too hard.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

RIGHT?

It's like, in theoretical situations, it's super easy, but in the moment it's absolutely horrendously hard to come up with the words because they're right there and you're nervous and emotions.

I would be much more at home if everyone discussed things over the internet. I would be able to converse way easier that way- Face to face is too hard.

I absolutely agree. I can think of all the wonderful things I could say…then in the moment I mess it all up.

Not to mention that I don’t have to worry about my appearance on the internet. *shudders* I don’t usually care about it, but you know, girls *shudders again*

Just now, Lightweaver2 said:

I absolutely agree. I can think of all the wonderful things I could say…then in the moment I mess it all up.

Not to mention that I don’t have to worry about my appearance on the internet. *shudders* I don’t usually care about it, but you know, girls *shudders again*

*shudders* I know exactly what you mean.

Now I can just picture Eddie coming on here and giving that look where she thinks we're absolutely insane.

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*shudders* I know exactly what you mean.

Now I can just picture Eddie coming on here and giving that look where she thinks we're absolutely insane.

She would give us that look.

Anyway, anyone need relationship advice? Or should we keep discussing how scary girls are?

8 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Are you saying you need advice?

Definitely not!

most definitely.......

If I was sure about a someone, I would say yes, but I am not sure so therefore do not have any advice to ask. I'm still deciding about them.

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Definitely not!

most definitely.......

If I was sure about a someone, I would say yes, but I am not sure so therefore do not have any advice to ask. I'm still deciding about them.

Alright, well everyone else seems to be asleep and I do not need advice *shudders a third time*

So…girls, scary.

Edited by Lightweaver2

8 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Alright, well everyone else seems to be asleep and I do not need advice *shudders a third time*

So…girls, scary.

Very much so.

In the thesaurus, under scary, there should be "girls" there as a synonym. 

1 minute ago, Lightweaver2 said:

YESSS!!!

And under terrifying it should be one on one conversations with girls.

Those are scary if they're irl. Through emails or stuff on the Shard, I think it's perfectly non-terrifying. It's when you're reminded that they're a girl constantly that makes you terrified. Though, I think I've gotten over the fact that my best friend's a girl. At least, aaaalmost. I still feel a bit awkward, if only on a kind of subconscious principle. 

Those are scary if they're irl. Through emails or stuff on the Shard, I think it's perfectly non-terrifying. It's when you're reminded that they're a girl constantly that makes you terrified. Though, I think I've gotten over the fact that my best friend's a girl. At least, aaaalmost. I still feel a bit awkward, if only on a kind of subconscious principle. 

Yeah, online is easy, in person is hard. Once you get to know a girl it’s easier, but then an actual relationship comes with a whole host of other complications and scary things.

Yeah, online is easy, in person is hard. Once you get to know a girl it’s easier, but then an actual relationship comes with a whole host of other complications and scary things.

Agreed.

Closest I've ever gotten to a real romantic like relationship is when I've rped them. Why is it that you can rp as someone really confident in romance, but you yourself are almost as far from that as anyone can get?

Agreed.

Closest I've ever gotten to a real romantic like relationship is when I've rped them. Why is it that you can rp as someone really confident in romance, but you yourself are almost as far from that as anyone can get?

I have no idea. RP relationships are fun though. So much less stressful than real ones.

I have no idea. RP relationships are fun though. So much less stressful than real ones.

They are!

Why have reality when you can create characters who are murderers who can have relationships for you!

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

They are!

Why have reality when you can create characters who are murderers who can have relationships for you!

I totally agree with this statement. And your RP characters can talk about all their problems that they have that you definitely don’t have. 

Edited by Lightweaver2

As one, I concur that guys can be useless at picking up hints (whether intentionally or not) and it's best to be direct. I know that can be terrifying but many of the most worthwhile things in life are.

At the same time, think through your actions and figure out if they might be giving off unintentional hints (positively or negatively). I severely misinterpreted what I thought were hints when I was younger and I'm only at the tail end of working through all that now years later.

So basically, be brave and be smart.

Edited by jamesbondsmith

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 12:08 PM, Calano Corvus said:

Hello.

My name is Dr. Calano Cornelius Corvus. I specialize in relationship advice, unofficial relationship therapy, and general being there for people.

I'm here to listen to all of your problems with relationships, or your highlights of relationships. Those who need help can come here for advice, tips, free of charge, from me and others.

Ask away, my friends. I will listen and answer.

I got this girls number who i really like ( and think she miiiiight like me ). how should i do the first text? like what should I say and how should i say it?

Just now, Shardwatcher01 said:

I got this girls number who i really like ( and think she miiiiight like me ). how should i do the first text? like what should I say and how should i say it?

well, if i was this girl, I'd like something along the lines of... (Assuming she knows you exist and she gave you her number?) 

"Hey, its ____," Then maybe ask a random about you fact? (Ex. fav color, food, sport etc..)

Spoiler

That might be super cheesy, sorry :P 

22 minutes ago, Shardwatcher01 said:

Umm…

you can always say something like “Hi, how are you doing?”

Spoiler

Also very cheesy

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2024 at 8:46 AM, Shardwatcher01 said:

Unfortunately, our dear Dr. Calano has departed from this and all threads for now :(. To offer some advice hopefully near his caliber:

A tip I've picked up in my many years of existence, is to worry less about "making a good impression" and "making" them like you, and just try to do a good job of showing that you're genuinely interested in them and their life, along with their interests and hobbies and other such things. It's good to balance asking them about their interests and sharing yours with them! Who knows, maybe you have something in common :D.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:46 AM, Shardwatcher01 said:

Ok ok PLEASE don’t be a dry texter. A lot of guys I know are fantastic to talk to in real life, and then you text them and it’s like they’ve been possessed by a demon who can only respond with “cool”. For the love of all the slugs in the cytoverse, have a normal conversation :P

Edited by Edema Rue

23 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

*sits here for a moment* I feel like im too old fashioned in how i think sometimes. 

lol.

Me too sometimes, buddy, me too...  

But, hey, you can't be as old fashioned as a friend of mine... long story short, he and I have a lot of disagreements.